PDA

View Full Version : Gentle Nudge?

W0RF
30th Sep 2004, 09:51 AM
I know I'm being an impatient baby, but I've been working on an update of ColaWars for UT2004. Yes, I know, remake, not original, n00b, etc etc etc. It's just something I threw together for BeyondUnreal's weekend frag session. If you ever get the chance to have a look, though, you'll see it's not just Port -> Scale 1.25 -> Import Textures -> Rebuild -> Save. It's a full-on, top-down remake for 2004 gameplay.

Anyway, my question is, what is the general turnaround time for maps to be accepted, and will I be notified if it is rejected? I uploaded the map last night in the hopes that it could be distributed to people in time for this weekend's FragBU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hourences
30th Sep 2004, 11:20 AM
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7813

W0RF
30th Sep 2004, 12:30 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Let the 0.5 reviews commence! \o/

W0RF
2nd Oct 2004, 11:22 PM
Hi. Gripe again. I posted an update two days ago and it hasn't shown up yet.

It's lame to have to patch a map the very next day but I suddenly had an extra week, and one complaint repeated by everyone. Sadly, that warrants a fix.

Hourences
3rd Oct 2004, 09:52 AM
I havent came across an updated version in the pending map list in the last few days, maybe Mass did...
Maybe it didnt upload correctly ? Try again ?

W0RF
3rd Oct 2004, 06:40 PM
on the way.

:edit: can't. see attached pic. :con:

Hourences
3rd Oct 2004, 07:02 PM
erm yeah
Try another name, like remove the - and make it ...fragBuV1 or so
If that doesn't work either Mass may tell the answer :)

MassChAoS
3rd Oct 2004, 07:12 PM
Even if you upload it, you need to claim it. Did you forget that part?

W0RF
3rd Oct 2004, 11:11 PM
even if it's just an update?

:edit: I claimed it, just to make sure. That may have been my problem :shy:

Hourences
4th Oct 2004, 07:29 AM
even if it's just an update?

:edit: I claimed it, just to make sure. That may have been my problem :shy:

"ctf-colawars-fragbu-v1.zip successfully moved to be awaiting mirroring."

Will be updated tonight

W0RF
4th Oct 2004, 10:27 AM
w00t.

You are teh rock.

Just don't ever play it. You would trojan-horse my PC just to prevent me from ever lighting a map that way again. ;)

MassChAoS
4th Oct 2004, 01:23 PM
if you know its bad, why not improve it?

W0RF
4th Oct 2004, 01:57 PM
The lighting if fine, if not wonderful. All lighting is sourced, there's no zonelighting, no washed-out textures, nothing that makes you go omf that's bad. It's not bad, it just isn't l33t; it really has more to do with Hour's mastery of the editor, compared to my grand total of one published map.

I spent a solid month rebuilding this map, which imo is plenty of time considering we just wanted a conversion that was playable on the FragBU server. People are having a lot of fun playing it, and they don't fall out of world or get stuck on architecture or anything stupid like that. For a ported / converted map with a limited release, that's fine by me, and certainly not worth bothering the FragBU crowd with 12 different updates of the map. I put it through 4 semi-open betas to make sure to avoid exactly that.

On any future maps I do, there will be much more attention to detail (and much less BSP brushwork). It was really more of a wink toward Hourences, level-design guru and author of many of my printed tuts. :cheers: