Amer. FragBU: Friday 10/1 and Saturday 10/2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
fragbu.jpg

FragBU: Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2

#FragBU on irc.enterthegame.com

New to FragBU? Read the FragBU FAQ

Server settings:
Name - BeyondUnreal Ketnar MotherShip​
Server Location - Virginia, USA on a 100 MB connection​
Game password - mango​
Start time - 6:00 PM CST (Midnight GMT)​
Setup:
Map Voting - Enabled​
Mutators - Talking Icon​
Max Players - 16​
Max Spectators - 2​
Bots - 0​
Version - 3323​
Map Voting Configuration:
Gametypes- Jailbreak 2004b ECE, ONS, AS, BR, DM, TDM, CTF, INV, MUT, LMS​
Maps: It is highly recommended that you install the following maps/packs prior to joining. Redirect downloading is enabled through the GameServers.net Redirect Program.​

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Raffi was uploading it the other night.. should be.

Probably won't be on this week unless I can manage to play with the weak wireless connection in this hotel that I'm at. Laptop gaming... woot!

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Scumgrief said:
Someone said the other day that the BR score limit is set to something awfully low like 35? Can we bump it to 50?
It has to compensate for awfull games. Sorry, but Ketnar isn't the best server to play BR on in the first place :(

Raffi_B said:
Game password - mango
Damn...for some reason, I was so sure it was going to be 'orange' ;)

Anyway...I'll try to make it. There's (almost) always good games on this server, even on week days :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't understand why we can't have a good BR match on Ketnar. People hate it more than JB, and, honestly, JB sucks alot worse than BR does (imo).

It's kinda dumb considering that everyone was saying they wouldn't mind playing other gametypes as long as they got to play [insert gametype here] once in a while, before. I've never been on Ketnar when a BR game came up and anyone but maybe one or two people even played the whole match.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Renegade Retard said:
I might play tomorrow. Then again, I may just take a few days off from 2k4. I'm still reeling from last night's god-aweful performance.
Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad. ;)

I think people don't like BR as much because there aren't really any great maps for it. They all seem bottle-necked and spammy. What we need is the BR equivalent of Romra. :lol:

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad. ;)

I think people don't like BR as much because there aren't really any great maps for it. They all seem bottle-necked and spammy. What we need is the BR equivalent of Romra. :lol:

I dunno. All last night I couldn't hit a thing! It wasn't just that one match. I just had a REALLY off night. The ol' Dialup Ren could have beaten my last night. I do think, however, that I was pinging and warping quite a bit more than usual. Maybe I should have rebooted my pc. That's the excuse I'm going to use anyhow. :p

As far as BR and Romra, there's a BR version of the very Romra map we play. It's identical, just the flags are replaced with goals, etc.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
\/\/0RF said:
I had some thoughts on making BR... how shall I say this...

... fun.

But I would need to primer myself in UScripting to pull it off :hmm:
PM me with it and I'll see if I can get to it. Also, come up with a name because I hate coming up with names for the mutators/mods I write ;)

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
i may be there on friday, definately saturday, going skateboarding all friday after school... dunno if im gonna go home or chill at one of my freinds houses

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Love the ColaWars Worf. Only "small" gripe is with the lifts in the middle. They seem to pause too long before going up.

I should be at FragBU sometime this weekend.. who knows when though. Been having lots of party weekends lately and on the nights I've actually been coming home I've been to fuxored to play a game.

Also me likes BR, I just hate the maps. ElectricFields and colossus seem to be the only two we play when BR is picked. Maybe picking some new ones (yeah right.. at a FragBU, what was I thinking) might make it seem a little more refreshing. Also I think a lot of the problem is there's NO BR SERVERS EVER! Therefore there's really nowhere to sharpen your skills and learn the gametype properly without resorting to bots who never pass and just run for the goal.

Last edited:

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
lol, you probably don't want to do romra. in ig i can hit a shot from anywhere on the map consistently, would only be a matter of time before i got used to nw.

EDIT: boogity, there are too BR servers. the main one for NW with trans would be the Ci Ogalthorpe one, probably.

Last edited: