Spreading the Word ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Go-Bot

Shadow Leadership
Jan 23, 2004
over there somewhere
in a previous thread i mentioned that UTXMP should be exposed to everyone in UT2k4 to attract new players hers my suggestions

1. hit every 2k4 fan base website and start a thread in thier forums giving them information on where it can be found.

2. talk to atari and see if they'll advertise it on thier news board from the master server.

3. maybe www.unrealtournament.com website will release a news bulletin on thier website

not sure if you guys have covered this already .. but it was a thought on my part and im willing to help out spreading the word. Any help from anyone else would be awesome

and any other suggestions would be great also.

Undertaker1

[ø§]Taker
Jul 25, 2004
Its a good idea too ask atari to advertise it on thier news board because in the end ppl are going too have to buy ut 2k4 too play ut xmp so they get money from it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I doubt you will get Atari on board. They might even start to wonder about it being an Intellectual Property issue (key word might). Otherwise, good idea.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Emmet Otter said:
Im also spreading the word in other game related forums. The more people to know about this great game the better.

I am actuall y spreading it similair to emmet, but in fact i am just showing friends, and such when they are at my house, and letting them play for a bit, and usually after that, they want to play the game :D:lol: but they have the slight problem of needing to get the mod(easy part), and having the base requirements( game required to run mod, and pc that can handle said game(hard part)).

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Now just watch as Atari adds some new code to the master server that makes it stop recognizing XMP servers and games at random. They'll say they're helping the conversion. ;)

:tdown: Atari especially for F*en up a demo of another game.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I concure, it is very bad when a compady F**ks up a demo of a game, because the demo is meant to attract people :)

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Any one thought to maybe petition Midway and/or Epic after this comes out to include this in the next tournament or whatever Unreal sequel thing that they are going to produce?
I for one would like to see this implemented in the next engine. Just a thought.

I take it I'm not the only one here with Atardi CEO voodoo dolls. ;)

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Phalanx do you even realize that at 800x600, you're effing sig takes up roughly half of the screen? o_O

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
its not even good looking.

Yeah, good thinking deicide i'll be sure to tell some of my friends about the game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
IT IS AGAINST FORUM RULES. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

master_brent911

Sep 9, 2004
I've mentioned it on a few boards but in all honesty, I think it will be a lot easier to promote once it actually exists and is available for dl. I mean, I'm excited as hell about it, but for people who never played U2XMP originally, this just sounds like one of the other countless mods out there. But as soon as they can play it and see how high quality this specific mod is, I think the servers will fill out.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
flack ho said:
This was posted just over a month ago because Dandelorian had too large of a sig.
BeyondUnreal Terms and Conditions of Use said:
Conduct on the BeyondUnreal Forums

1) All registered forum users must abide by the rules detailed at signup.
2) Spamming individual or multiple threads is prohibited.
3) Max. signature pic size 500x160. You are allowed five text lines (standard forum table width) with a signature.
4) The entirety of this 'Terms and Conditions of Use' applies to all registered forum users.
So fix it. (and yes it is that annoying)