ONS-EarlyDawn 1.1 Beta Test Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, if you guys saw the newspost then you certainly know why you're here! If you'd like to have a shot at beta testing this map, please reply in this thread with the follow:

Your Interest
Why You'd Like to Test
Comp Specs

If I find that you are serious about testing, then I'll PM you with a link. No this is not being overprotective, it's just making sure that the map doesnt get leaked so that it doesnt cause a bunch of servers to have a ton of variations. Also, Please, PLEASE, PLEASE if you encounter a bug or anything that could cause issues, report it immediately in the follow form:

What you were doing when the error occured (if it was an error)
What you saw
Where you were in the map

All of this information will be extremely helpful in helping to fix up any problems with this map.

If you cannot reply in this fashion, I'll probably just assume you're trying to leech the map off of Fraghouse with no real intention of doing any good so please stick to form :) Thank you.

-Daedalus

Last edited:

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
My Intrest: To test out the map
Why: Because I love onslaught and want to help out with
this map
Specs: 1024RAM
3.0GHZ
Radeon 9800 Pro

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
I might be interested:

Intrest: Would like to test the map and i like to help
Why: I love onslaught and UT2K4
Comp Specs: Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce DDR
512 MB RAM

Before you ask it works perfectly with almost every map on UT2K4 running on medium settings (don't ask me how because i don't know :confused: ) Yes it's an antique :) but hopefully it's getting an upgrade soon.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
well I'll get to looking at that demo soon, thanks a bunch LED and Nova also reported some weirdness, not to mention there's only one node setup for the map. Thanks for the feedback. As for Wookie, I have no idea where he is :p (probably playing SFv2)

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Sorry I haven't really played EarlyDawn much between working on my map and, of course, playing skaarjfest :lol:
I did find a couple things, though. The turret in the base that faces the Powercore has a box-shaped static mesh above it that gets in the way a little. Also, if you shoot the water in the center then sometimes the waves cause it to dip under the ground.