UT sucks completely

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LazyJester

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
i paid 52+ bucks for UT, including tax.
now, irt is worthless, cause i have downloaded rthe patches over and over and i get install errors, crc errors and ****ing bitch errors. for example, one error i always get at least once is the bot.u on the cd is not the expected version, what the **** does that mean????? it is the cd!!!!! how can it not be the expected version?!?!?!?! this is garbage and i am pissed. a class action suit is in order i think

N

NIGMA666

Calm yourself man!!

It's nothing new, its sounds like you need help with trying to fix it.

so next time post a subject like "UT wont Work help!" or somthing around those lines, not "UT sucks completely", people will think your starting a Q3 vs UT spam post or somthing!

So you could probley start by telling us your system specs.

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

"You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all."
[Ci]NIGMA666|PuF

I

ImagoX

Sounds like the CDROM drive in your PC may be having trouble with the Copy-Protection scheming on the CD. I've had this trouble myself with games like Half Life, and needed to install a "no-CD" crack that eliminates the needfor the program to look for the CD. There's a place called Game Copy World that specializes in these sort of apps- do a web search and you should find them easy.

Copy protection sucks, and does nothing to discourage software piracy (there's a patch out within a week of most program releases- sometimes sooner). All it does is inconvienience those of us who have hardware that does not like MacroVision or other copy protection.

Write your game company today, and let them know that, as a valid licenced user of their product you don't like having to jump through hoops to get their product running on your hardware. Eventually they will get a clue.... UT is an awesome game, and I hope you get it running. There are tons of others here that know much more about the tech side of the game than I do- if you ask I'm sure they will help however they can.

Hope the no-CD thing works for you.

-ImagoX

bullet2.gif

"If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go because, man, they're gone."
-Jack Handey

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
he's getting CRC errors, so his patch d/l's are probably all messed up.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Man, this is just the greatest place. LazyJester comes in here dissing our game, and everyone rushes to give him friendly helpful advice /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I think I may cry.

Nahh, but I do want to try and help too. LazyJester, I've been reading through this forum and yes, people do get errors with UT, but most of us do not. UT can, and does, work. Not only that, but everytime I've seen people post a problem to this site, smart guys who know stuff help out (see above) and the problem is almost always solved. I'm not a computer guy, but post more information about your system and problems to this thread, follow everyone's advice, and you will almost definitely get it working. AND IT IS WORTH IT. Yes, UT sucks. It sucks all the time out of my day. Seriously, the game rocks.

Hmmm. This whole thread could just be a joke, or should I say a Jest, maybe even a LazyJest.

I know this is getting long, but I have a question about that cd crackerjacker thingy. I checked out that website so that my PAID FOR copy of UT may load faster, as many posts have suggested. It suggested backing up files before running the cracker because I may need them for future patches (if I understood it correctly). This frightened me and I ran away. I have no errors or crashing problems currently (Yay). Is this cd-crack safe, or am I risking messing up my UT just to save a few seconds? Oh yeah, and does it make the UT actually run faster, or just load faster (as I suspect)?

S

[Switch]

Wow! Thanks for telling me. I had no idea UT sucks. Now I'd better stop playing.

Any of you guys out there wanna buy a legal copy of UT? It sucks anyway so i don't want it, I'll just go back to starcraft or something.

/Switch

PS. In case you didn't notice this post contains elements of sarcasm.
DS.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Yes, Boom, I would say that the UT ver 413 crack is safe. It changes your unreal tournament.exe file. So, if you want to keep that file intact, just make a copy of it and put it somewhere else. Then apply the crack.

Otter

Feb 8, 2000
www.splatts.com
I installed the 413 patch last night
works a treat /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

But make a back up like HuFlungDung just incase (saves the hassle huh)

bullet2.gif

If the boss was to catch me, would i still have a job?

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
Hehe, you bought your UT at CompUSA or something silly, didn't you? Do this: 1) return your Ut, say it doesn't work, get a refund. 2) Order your copy from GT. 3) Come here and everyone will help you get going. It should install directly out of the box without a single problem and does so for 99% of everyone, but all computers are configured slightly differently. We WILL get it going though. Always looking for fresh blood /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif.

LazyJester

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
i appreciate the help. and i apologise for over reacting.

i have a k6-III 400, 96 megs of ram. a rise 598 mb, with an updated bios, 2-16-99. win98 with all the critical updates, no more.

i bought UT when it first came out. it installed fine. the first patch did too. but after i recently formatted is when the problems started.

thanks for being patient and not flaming me /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

LazyJester

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
one other thing, the cd installs perfectly, it is only the updates i have trouble with.

i have downloaded them over and over. i have installed UT, then scan disk and defragged. then download the patches (as an example of how i have tried everything)

JuDDa

Mar 28, 2000
www.angelfire.com
I had exactly the same problem LazyJester on my old k6-2 400.
Other problems i had was that i could never play on certain maps in counterstrike,with that i determined it wasn't my cd-rom that was the cause because i never had the cd in for cstrike,but maybe it was to do with my Hard Drive.
Never got it sorted in the end,but it may be ya HD thats the problem.

JuDDa

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Thanks Hu. I'll give it a shot.

Man, my question was answered in less than 1/2 hour. I can't even get a pizza that fast /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I

ImagoX

(Sniff)... Man... I love this community sometimes. Hope you get up and running soon Jester- this is one damn fine group of guys (and the occasional lady) that meets here to talk UT.

I mean that.

Can I have a tissue? =)

[MUTTS]ImagoX

Slayer[FOR]

Feb 28, 2000
Madison
Visit site
Here yah go!! have the whole roll!! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

And here! Have a twinkie on me!! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct? I just shot him!!"