PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] KouRyuu? Eris?

Hide
27th Sep 2004, 08:03 AM
My new model.

Eris type android with KouRyuu's boosters.

Coming soon?

Lei Hng Wei
27th Sep 2004, 10:31 AM
Ooo... cool. :tup:

SaD
27th Sep 2004, 10:34 AM
Coming soon?

Yay , looks great Hide .I hope itīs coming soon . :D

The Helios
27th Sep 2004, 11:18 AM
!!! It's great. I like the textures you used for the wings. I can't wait to see them around. :D

daloonie
27th Sep 2004, 12:45 PM
OMG cool effect I must say that butterfly skin/model just purely pwnz IMO ;)

Cant' wait to see that model in action :D

Maybe I'll skin something for that when it comes out just to get my mind off assempling zepto notebooks :p

Mr.Wigglez
27th Sep 2004, 04:58 PM
all i can say is that the word wont be allowed to be posted. :lol:

Zenodey
27th Sep 2004, 10:43 PM
nice! :eek: heres a suggest change the head to a lizard like head an change the wings/body= pretty sweet dragon

Lei Hng Wei
28th Sep 2004, 12:03 AM
Been there. Done that (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=139899).

Zenodey
28th Sep 2004, 08:16 AM
. :( yeah but that was a metal dragon peeps want real lookin dragon,though i'm really liked it im suprised some didm't :mad:

Darth_Chaos
28th Sep 2004, 11:36 AM
Looks good.

klasnic
29th Sep 2004, 08:46 AM
Cool, nice work again Hide :2thumb: :D

Hide
30th Sep 2004, 05:43 AM
Thank you everybody. :)

Skin was finished.
I made Team Color by shader for file size saving like KouRyuu.
It may be difficult to see at the screen shot which is without shader animation.

I can submit this, after I remake some animations.

By the way, the_rex, do you need SDK?

SaD
30th Sep 2004, 05:55 AM
I can submit this, after I remake some animations.

:2thumb: :)

daloonie
30th Sep 2004, 01:36 PM
... By the way, the_rex, do you need SDK?

Yes please :D

I'll PM you a mail if you don't submit them public!?

The Helios
30th Sep 2004, 04:33 PM
Rex, can you ask Hide for the original files (*.max/*.3ds/*.psk ir whatever)? I would really like to make, with permission a tiny modification (obviously giving the credits to Hide).
Just to learn something for my modelling/skinning projects.

SaD
30th Sep 2004, 05:25 PM
Helios ,
why not pm him yourself ? Hide is a great guy and Iīm sure he will help you out , if you ask him nice :) .

N@Sc
30th Sep 2004, 05:51 PM
think he will tell you also what you need ;)

anyway great hide your da man :tup:

Mr.Wigglez
30th Sep 2004, 08:50 PM
really good job as usual, i think alot of ppl will agree with me when i say u and evilengine are among the greatest modellers/skinners here.

Zenodey
30th Sep 2004, 10:11 PM
really good job as usual, i think alot of ppl will agree with me when i say u and evilengine are among the greatest modellers/skinners here.

evilengine there's no word for his skills :eek:

Nalid
30th Sep 2004, 10:54 PM
Holy cow.... not sure how I missed this thread for so long... just been busy I guess. Insanely nice! I love it. Reminds me of the Bondage Faires gone mecha.... not that I read..those...manga.. >_>...<_<....o_O ... or anything but.. yeah, top not job on both skin and model. ^_~

And also a great time to post a question.. How do I open up custom models and skins in U-Paint and Photoshop? There are some really great models out there I'd like to try my hand at re-painting... but I can never seem to figure it out, this one included. If Hide doesnt mind, of course.

:D

Mr.Wigglez
1st Oct 2004, 07:34 AM
i dont think u can open custom models in upaint i think only in photoshop.

The Helios
1st Oct 2004, 11:26 AM
According to what the people have recommended me ( :lol: ) I will PM Hide. Hope he listen to me.
And yes, custom models can only be opened on Upaint if you have the texture files and a .psk/.psa file for the meshes and anims.

Nalid
1st Oct 2004, 05:53 PM
Awsome.. when I get back on monday... I'll have to start hounding Hide for his. ^_^

The Helios
2nd Oct 2004, 10:36 AM
Well, time to make the PM. I can't wait to see this on Skin City!

BIG NOTE: I can't send a PM to Hide, seems that he doesn't allow this option! Damn, how can I contact him? SaD, oh glorious lord of Skin City, any help frmo that side?

Hide
2nd Oct 2004, 11:44 AM

Submitted.

the_rex, The Helios,

I think that I will attach ".psk" file to this thread.
From ".psk", you can also get "UVmap" by "UPaint" for Photoshop.
And, sorry, The Hellios. I'm a LightWave user, not Max. If you want the model data, I have ".lwo" file.

Nalid, Mr.Wigglez,

There is a method which makes ".psk" files which can be used by "UPaint" from custom models.
But, you will need limited several tools. LightWave or Maya(not PLE), plus MILKShape.
If still interested, I will tell you the method later.

Mr.Wigglez
2nd Oct 2004, 12:07 PM
awesome hide. cant wait til ur new model comes out, getting tired of Ee saying he gonna release his pred model, cuz i dont think he is.

SaD
2nd Oct 2004, 03:44 PM
Submitted.

Got it . Posting Date : 05. of October .

Mr.Wigglez
2nd Oct 2004, 06:32 PM
awesome, one question to the great and powerful sad

anyway we can get it before its released????

:)

daloonie
3rd Oct 2004, 07:39 AM
Sounds really nice Hide can't wait to give it a go :D

SaD
3rd Oct 2004, 08:06 AM
awesome, one question to the great and powerful sad

anyway we can get it before its released????

Ageha @ the Fileworks (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/skincity/ut2k4/ut2k4mdl-ageha.zip)

Mr.Wigglez
3rd Oct 2004, 12:11 PM
thank you o great and powerful SaD.

SaD
3rd Oct 2004, 03:54 PM
thank you o great and powerful SaD.

:clap: :lol:

Mr.Wigglez
3rd Oct 2004, 05:40 PM
truely a great model, i love his chameleon also so bad@$$ with the camo turned on, looks so kool.

klasnic
3rd Oct 2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks all :D

The Helios
4th Oct 2004, 10:33 AM
the_rex, The Helios,

I think that I will attach ".psk" file to this thread.
From ".psk", you can also get "UVmap" by "UPaint" for Photoshop.
And, sorry, The Hellios. I'm a LightWave user, not Max. If you want the model data, I have ".lwo" file.

No problems, Hide. If you can send me the .psk it ok! (I can convert it into a 3ds object). Can you send me a PM so I can reply it with a mail direction?:)

Lei Hng Wei
4th Oct 2004, 04:36 PM
Ageha (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/LeiHngWei/UT2K4/Shot00183.jpg). A pretty battlebot that can kick zombie butt (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/LeiHngWei/UT2K4/Shot00182.jpg). :lol:

Hide
5th Oct 2004, 11:04 PM
Nice screen shots! :)
I downloaded "Zombies of Nightmare", too. :D

the_rex, The Helios,

I attach Ageha's ".psk" files here.

This model used 3 UVmaps. "Face" and "Body" of the main part made from "LittleEris". "Booster" which was gathered from "KouRyuu".
Among this, "Body" and "Booster" were arranged perpendicularly and joined to 1 UVmap. So, "BodySkin"'s size became 1024x2048.
Therefore, if you take the UVmap by UPaint, it is shrinked perpendicularly. So, please double it perpendicularly when you use it for Photoshop.

UPaint is convenient to make a rough-sketch. However, UPaint displays a model like the all polygons were connected smoothly. Since it can not see where are sharp corners, I attach the screen shot in LightWave for reference.

At "FaceSkin", since the alpha channel is used for the hairstyle, it can not finish by UPaint.

I hope some good works will be made. :)

Mr.Wigglez
6th Oct 2004, 07:24 AM
awesome job on her hide specially like ur chameleon u did. cant wait for more great work from what, so what u plan on making next?

Hide
6th Oct 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Wigglez
... so what u plan on making next?
This.

And, ChameleonMark2(refined version of ChameleonMark). And, another new chameleon is in progress. :)

The Helios
6th Oct 2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks, Hide!!! Downloading now the psk and pics.
When it will be released (I mean the great model of the last pics), advice me and I will post a little slideshow of pics.

daloonie
6th Oct 2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks Hide I'll see on that as soon as my skin I'm working on now is finished :D

Nalid
6th Oct 2004, 03:22 PM
Crazy just crazy. ^_^ Makes me wish I knew how to do more. =P I downloaded the PSK. And even got it into U.Paint.... but for the life of me I could not reverse is and get it into Photoshop..... which is, infact my only area I could claim any form of experties in.

You guys rock, but I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it. As much as I would love to skin some of those monsterously awsome models, without the PNG. files (The only things that makes sense to me =P) I'm still up a creek, paddless. Thank god Epic was nice enough to include that PNG package... or I'd have never even gotten this far. =P

The Helios
6th Oct 2004, 05:28 PM
Crazy just crazy. ^_^ Makes me wish I knew how to do more. =P I downloaded the PSK. And even got it into U.Paint.... but for the life of me I could not reverse is and get it into Photoshop..... which is, infact my only area I could claim any form of experties in.

You guys rock, but I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it. As much as I would love to skin some of those monsterously awsome models, without the PNG. files (The only things that makes sense to me =P) I'm still up a creek, paddless. Thank god Epic was nice enough to include that PNG package... or I'd have never even gotten this far. =P

I must agree. I'm overwhelmed by the complexity of 3dMax but I want to learn and that's what I'm doing. Nalid, if I modify Hide's model, would you like to skin it?

Mr.Wigglez
6th Oct 2004, 05:56 PM
This.

And, ChameleonMark2(refined version of ChameleonMark). And, another new chameleon is in progress. :)

hide u are the greatest. cant wait for the stuff and ur black metal dragon looks bad@$$. very very very nice work.

Zenodey
6th Oct 2004, 05:59 PM

btw where do you get the psk. files? :(

SaD
6th Oct 2004, 06:06 PM
btw where do you get the psk. files? :(

Hide attached them at his post .Itīs post #37 at this thread :D

Mr.Wigglez
6th Oct 2004, 07:51 PM
when shall u say u will be briging those bad boys out for the public hide? i cant wait.

Nalid
7th Oct 2004, 12:27 AM
I must agree. I'm overwhelmed by the complexity of 3dMax but I want to learn and that's what I'm doing. Nalid, if I modify Hide's model, would you like to skin it?

Give me the PNG. Files, and you will see some skinning. ^_~

Mr.Wigglez
7th Oct 2004, 07:31 AM
just make sure u get the ok to skin other ppls models before u do it.

The Helios
7th Oct 2004, 10:27 AM
Give me the PNG. Files, and you will see some skinning. ^_~

Ok. I will try to build the PNG so you can skin Aegha. :) BTW, do you want me to send the files to an email account or want me to make a thread and attach them there?

Lei Hng Wei
7th Oct 2004, 11:19 AM
Please attach them here. I wanna give skinning a try.

The Helios
7th Oct 2004, 01:05 PM
I'll attach them zipped (PNG are a little heavy for my modem). THe task will be the following: I'll rip original textures and convert them onto PNG so Nalid can give it a try. You can do so :D. For me, I'll try to made some modifications to the psk to convert it into something new (or at least different) in Hide's honor*.

*I hope to not dishonor him... :lol:

SaD
7th Oct 2004, 01:08 PM
....to convert it into something new (or at least different) in Hide's honor*.

with his permission ? I hope so . :)

klasnic
7th Oct 2004, 01:17 PM
Nice 'community' work there ;)

Mr.Wigglez
7th Oct 2004, 10:16 PM
hide u should make a model-pack of ur new metal dragon and ur chameleons an sum other stuff u might throw in there. thats would be awesome.

Mr.Wigglez
7th Oct 2004, 10:17 PM
before i forget where do i put the .psk files at?

edit: ok i put them in the meshes in the upain folder how do i open the character in upaint when i go to open its not there.

Nalid
8th Oct 2004, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=The Helios]I'll attach them zipped (PNG are a little heavy for my modem). THe task will be the following: I'll rip original textures and convert them onto PNG so Nalid can give it a try. You can do so :D. For me, I'll try to made some modifications to the psk to convert it into something new (or at least different) in Hide's honor*.[QUOTE]

Looking forward to it on all accounts. Should be great fun. I'm getting a headache one the project I'm working on right now... I had some plans ruined by the mirror effect on the skin. Plans that were going to be spiffy dammit. =P
I've got the head 100% Done, and I like it... Now I just need to push into the body. =P

The Helios
8th Oct 2004, 10:01 AM
Post some pics to see how is it going :)

Zenodey
8th Oct 2004, 04:10 PM
Looking forward to it on all accounts. Should be great fun. I'm getting a headache one the project I'm working on right now... I had some plans ruined by the mirror effect on the skin. Plans that were going to be spiffy dammit. =P
I've got the head 100% Done, and I like it... Now I just need to push into the body. =P[/QUOTE]

Hope the guy's body is just as cool as the head :cheers:

Mr.Wigglez
8th Oct 2004, 04:28 PM
how do u open the custom char on upaint yall?

Hide
8th Oct 2004, 11:42 PM
1. Select 'File'->'Open'. And, choose '*.psk' as file type.
2. Then, open the '.psk' file in somewhere that is stored.
3. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
4. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.

The Helios
9th Oct 2004, 10:20 AM
Hide, do you allow me to make some modifications to Ageha, right? I always want to get permission from the creators before starting do something :) .

Hide
9th Oct 2004, 11:08 AM
OK. Helios. :)

Mr.Wigglez
9th Oct 2004, 12:55 PM
is there a way to make it where it comes up like it would in the game instead of having to paint her?

Darth_Chaos
9th Oct 2004, 05:23 PM
Mods to the model... looks I may need to get a d/lin' this one or Helios may shoot me :p.

klasnic
9th Oct 2004, 06:50 PM
3. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
4. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.

Well in all my years... Thanks Hide, I didn't even know you could use Upaint for that!

Muchos gracias :D

Mr.Wigglez
9th Oct 2004, 11:52 PM
so hide do you have any idea when ur other models will be released?

Darth_Chaos
10th Oct 2004, 08:15 AM
In the words of id- it will be released when its released.

SaD
10th Oct 2004, 08:51 AM
In the words of id- it will be released when its released.

:lol: .

Nalid
10th Oct 2004, 09:16 AM
First of all..

5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.

You rock Hide.. thank you. (Are you a J-Rock fan by the way?)
And also...

is there a way to make it where it comes up like it would in the game instead of having to paint her?

This would help alot with re-paints.. Yeah you can use U-Pain to mark off whats what.... but its a huge Pain.

And then..

How do you export those texture files as PNG's? I use Adobe Photoshop to design the skins.. and unfortunatly PSK's are not a readable format.

And idea's suggestions?

Hide
11th Oct 2004, 09:40 AM
Nalid,

To get the texture files, at the first you need to install 'DDS Authoring plug-in' to your Photoshop.
Then, you can read/write the '.dds' picture files with your Photoshop. :)
'DDS Authoring plug-in' is here.
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

And,
1. Open 'Ageha.utx' in UnrealEd.
2. Select 'AgehaBody'. And, 'File'->'Export'. Then, you can get 'AgehaBody.dds'.
3. Select 'AgehaFace'. And, 'File'->'Export'. Then, you can get 'AgehaFace.dds'.

4. Open 'AgehaBody.dds' in Photoshop.
5. If you want to use this in uPaint, expand this picture 1024x2048 to 2048x2048, or shrink this to 1024x1024 by Photoshop.
6. Save this as '.png'. Now, you get the '.png' file.
7. Open 'AgehaFace.dds' in Photoshop.
8. Save this as '.tga' file, because this uses alpha-channel.

9. Open 'Ageha.psk' in uPaint.
10. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'Import Texture' and read 'AgehaFace.tga'.
11. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'Import Texture' and read 'AgehaBody.png'.

Then, ready to make skin. :)

Hide
11th Oct 2004, 09:46 AM
klasnic,

uPaint is very useful for making rough sketch. :lol:

Hide
11th Oct 2004, 10:03 AM
And, another new skin for KouRyuu.
Camouflage color.

I am sorry to have made the many replys, because only 5 pictures can be attached to 1 reply.

SaD
11th Oct 2004, 10:22 AM
Nice Hide :) .

Lei Hng Wei
11th Oct 2004, 11:09 AM
Camouflage color.

What are ya talking about? I can't see him. ;)

Zenodey
11th Oct 2004, 04:19 PM
Camouflage color.

I am sorry to have made the many replys, because only 5 pictures can be attached to 1 reply.

Ooo camo never woulda thought of that ;)

Mr.Wigglez
11th Oct 2004, 06:49 PM
awesome stuff hide cant wait.

The Helios
12th Oct 2004, 10:07 AM
AHHH!!! I'm really overwhelmed!!! Ok. Stay calmed.

Hide, thanks a lot for giving permission!!! Nalid, I think with that tutorial he gave to us there is no problem to get the .png files. If not, I will soon post them in this thread (with the proper permission of HIde, of course). Then you can start skin it.
Sorry for the dissapear but I have a three-day holiday and I can't waste such opportunity to rest. :D

klasnic
12th Oct 2004, 01:04 PM
klasnic,

uPaint is very useful for making rough sketch. :lol:

:eek2: :eek: :lol: :D hehe I see what you mean.

BTW the camo KouRyuu is cool :2thumb:

Hide
13th Oct 2004, 05:52 AM
Thank you.

I submitted Black KouRyuu and Camo KouRyuu. :)

Mr.Wigglez
13th Oct 2004, 07:10 AM
yay!!!

The Helios
13th Oct 2004, 10:06 AM
Hide, you rock! I really like Ageha model and it's special effects! :)

SaD
13th Oct 2004, 10:22 AM
I submitted Black KouRyuu and Camo KouRyuu. :)

Got īem :D

The Helios
13th Oct 2004, 10:23 AM
Release date, powerful SaD?

SaD
13th Oct 2004, 10:25 AM
Release date, powerful SaD?

Give me time to test the skins.I post the Fileworks-link here in 1 hour or 2. :)

The Helios
13th Oct 2004, 10:31 AM
That's speed! Thanks, SaD!

SaD
13th Oct 2004, 12:10 PM
Here are the links to the Fileworks , but remember the files need some time to get mirrored .

KouRyuu-Black (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/skincity/ut2k4/ut2k4skn-kouryuublack.zip)
KouRyuu-Camo (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/skincity/ut2k4/ut2k4skn-kouryuucamo.zip)

Hide, you rock! I really like Ageha model and it's special effects! :)
Itīs for the KouRyuu-Model (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=417) (posted as Dragon of Metal @ SkinCity ) , not Ageha.
I only want to make it sure :)

The Helios
13th Oct 2004, 05:06 PM
Well, at least you cleared that. I'm a bit confused today (need some cofee).

Now, going back to topic: Hide, do you have the .psa file with anims you used for Ageha. I'm trying to get the psa file by myself but I can't.

Mr.Wigglez
13th Oct 2004, 09:33 PM
sad is almighty and hide if almighty model maker. keep up the good work guys.

Hide
13th Oct 2004, 09:48 PM
In order to make ".ukx", ".psa" is not necessarily required.
You can use the animation of ".ukx" of other model which has same structure of bones. :)

However, there are two kinds of methods for performing it.

a) Including whole animations taking from the other model in own ".ukx".
However, the models made in UT2003 in this way has the problem which can not respond to new animation in UT2004.
But, you can replace some of animations with custom ones.

b) Referencing the animations of the other ".ukx".
Since it does not have animation data in, size of ".ukx" can be made small.
However, if there is not the model referred to, your model will not move.
That is, if you uses "Ageha" as reference, "Ageha" also needs to be installed.

Which method do you want to use?

Mr.Wigglez
13th Oct 2004, 10:05 PM
hide ur black kouyuu is so freakin awesome. i love it. so freakin awesome cant wait til more stuff comes from the awesome hide.:notworthy:

Wigglez

Hide
16th Oct 2004, 12:03 AM
Thank you Mr.Wigglez. :)

Mr.Wigglez
16th Oct 2004, 02:49 AM
anything for my favorite modeller. i have all ur stuff so far. cant wait for more from u.

Zenodey
16th Oct 2004, 12:24 PM
So... :notworthy: Hide :notworthy: what model/skin are you thinkin about doing now?