Foggin' Stuff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ERAD666

Sep 27, 2004
I'm not so noob with UnrealEd 3.0 but I still have one problem that I never got figured out :

How do I make a *hovering* fog over the ground and make it looked REALISTIC not using emitter or stuff like that. I tried to use those stupid volumes but it won't work! I've saw the effect in Clive Barker's Undying once and if UnrealED 2.0 can do it, so should 3.0!

P.S. I'm working on an asylum-themed map right now any new ideas to suggest? I'm putting the finishing touches on it.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
I don't see why you're so opposed to using an emitter, as I'm sure you can get a good effect with them if you try enough. If for some reason you don't want to use an emitter (though I can't figure out why) you could maybe just use a flat brush with a nice shader on it. Depending on your application this may not be feasable, but if it's really close to the ground or high up (so it won't clip on the near clipping plane) that might work.

i take it you don't know 3ds or Maya, if you do, just make one in there. that would be a lot better. im not sure what kind of area your wanting this fog in, but i have a few ideas for ya.

1st: is of course the Emitters. but unless i know what your putting it in, i can't really be too much help.

2nd: sheet brush with the fog texture on it

3rd: make a static mesh

4th: use a curret exsisting mesh for it, and scale it.

ERAD666

Sep 27, 2004
Sorry, guys, my modem just mysteriously broke so I can't reply u for a very long time. I got the problem figured out ( using emitters and a bunch of staticmeshes sheets ) Personally I got nothing against emitter but it kinda looked fake and overbrighted if u ask me. Thanks anyways :)