Can movers be made to respond only to one type of actor?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malkalypse

Sep 20, 2004
Hey there, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a mover to only one type of actor? In the BumpType property the choices are BT_PlayerBump, BT_PawnBump, and BT_AnyBump.. but what if I wanted to set something up to respond only to something else?

I know I can use a trigger with a ClassProximityType for this, and that is the solution I am probably going to go with, but I have a whole long row of movers that are supposed to be responsive in this manner, and it seems unnecessarily redundant to be setting up a trigger for each and every one of them when there might be a way to make this property native to the mover.

Possible thought: would it be possible to create a subclass for the mover or something with a ClassProximityType like a trigger would have? Has anyone done something like this already? If not, how much work would it be, and would it be worth it to make something like that?

Magus_CT83

Angel of Darkness
Jul 22, 2004
probably wouldn't be too difficult with a bit of programming know-how. Can you be a bit more descriptive what you want it to do exactly?

Malkalypse

Sep 20, 2004
Okay, I'm making a sort of puzzle-based level, and one of the spots has a narrow ledge you need to walk across. Ocassionally rocks fall (dynamically spawned KActors) which land on the ledge (a mover) and cause it to tip up, knocking everything (i.e. players and anything else) off of it.

Yes, I know there are probably other ways to do this, but it's kind of essential that I do it this way due to the complicated layout of the area. Trust me when I say I've put a lot of thought into this, and it's the only sane way to do it.