PDA

View Full Version : Recording Demo's

REyM
26th Sep 2004, 08:07 PM
What about recording demo's? I really miss that.

Some times I have such great shots I wish that I could record it and lateron put it in a movie or something.

And I am afraid that there are to many cheaters so I like to see a demo after a match when I suspect someone of cheating.

Dandeloreon1984
27th Sep 2004, 12:07 AM
What about recording demo's? I really miss that.

Some times I have such great shots I wish that I could record it and lateron put it in a movie or something.

And I am afraid that there are to many cheaters so I like to see a demo after a match when I suspect someone of cheating.

easy, i can help you, to start recording a demo, first start ut2k4 and join a server, then follow these steps....

step 1: open up the console (usually the ~(tilde key)).
step 2: type this command, with replacing {FILENAME} with some name of your own accord;): demorec {FILENAME}
step 3: exit the console and play the game until ur ready to stop recording.
step 4: When your ready to stop recording open up the console again
step 5: type the command: demostop

to play a demo, just look at the 2 very helpfull pics i have provided, the rest should be self explanitory :lol:

edit: i forgot to mention where i got hte info on console commands and that was here. (http://www.planetunreal.com/ut2004/console/)

REyM
27th Sep 2004, 01:52 AM
ah, ok, so that is in the ut2004 engine (I don't play ut2004 that often).

Dandeloreon1984
27th Sep 2004, 01:59 AM
the utxmp engine is based on the ut2k4 engine, except for with a new gametype and content thrown in ;).

[DOA]Kharn
28th Sep 2004, 08:16 AM
i believe the stop command is stopdemo but both might work ive never tried demostop before :)

ctp.Bender
28th Sep 2004, 09:48 AM
Its demostop ;). And so far the Demo Recording AND Playback(Thats the part that never worked with U2XMP :() works fine with all 2k4 Game Modes and Mods.
But its quite a pain and time consuming to convert them to DivX AVI´s =/.

pleh
1st Oct 2004, 12:03 PM
Im not sure whether this applies to ut2k4/utxmp but in tribes 1 and 2 a script was used to bind a key (usually f9) to take a certain amount of screenshots per sec (25 or so). This worked perfectly because u could plug those ss into some program like VideoMach and whip up your movie quick smart.
Is this how it is done using the ut2k4 engine?

Mort_Q
1st Oct 2004, 02:41 PM
No. It records the player and actor information (what the server would send and receive) and recreates the game with that when played.

I think.

Sir_Brizz
1st Oct 2004, 02:53 PM
correct.

pleh
1st Oct 2004, 11:51 PM
Thats for viewing the demo. That seems correct.
I mean for converting the demo into some movie format (.avi).

Some newer games have support for exporting demos as .avi's.