PDA

View Full Version : Necris

shadow_dragon
24th Sep 2004, 09:03 PM
Just noticed one fo the new necris skins that comes with the ECE bonus pack doesn't work properly if you have one of the old Necris skinpacks. because they're both named kragoth! You can click on the new one and see him previewed, but the old one will be selected! :S
removing the .upl for the particular skinpack fixes this though so not so bad!

(It's Kragoth by the way!)

SaD
25th Sep 2004, 12:16 AM
Thank you for the info shadow_dragon :) .

klasnic
25th Sep 2004, 07:49 AM
I came across this prob waaay back in March with characters with the same name. That's why I'm always on the lookout for skins/models with the same name 'cause it causes probs... A character called Marduk in Necris 2 stopped me using the pack cause I won't give up my own :D

Also did you notice the thread about Mocli Reborn - basically don't give new characters more than one name (using a space)... Using a dash or whatever to link the names is ok though :tup:

Slaughter
25th Sep 2004, 08:08 AM
I think the new Necris suck anyway...Freakboy Gs are looking alot more evil. :lol:

shadow_dragon
25th Sep 2004, 02:52 PM
Not fussed about the skins themselves myself, but damned happy i got a new model that I can skin! It's got potential i reckon, they're quite generic!

klasnic
25th Sep 2004, 04:50 PM
The new Metalguard I like and the Skaarj which rock... The necris well, I don't know why they bothered and indeed why change them so much from the way they used look. That said, however, if anyone was looking for Underworld or similar characters I reckon those models would be the best to skin :)

shadow_dragon
25th Sep 2004, 06:51 PM
I was actually least impressed by the mechSkaarj! i can see lots of potential behind the other two myself.

that said though, in honesty i was a bit disapointed, when i ehard they were making 6 new skins, i wasn't expecting it to be 3 models really. I remember when UT2003 came out and nearly every character had it's own player model. :rolleyes: Heh heh! But i want everything eh? I'm still rather impressed though.

The necris are handy, purely due to the lack of shoudler pads, knee pads, etc, etc! You can do generic clean skins more easily, should it be required!

Slaughter
25th Sep 2004, 07:03 PM
The Necris are looking like they wanna go out for some jogging or something...wheres the Kick-ass Armor?

Im not too happy with the Metalguard...they dont look a lot like da real thing :lol:

Nice Skins anyway :)

NeoNite
29th Sep 2004, 07:30 PM
Do any of you have pics of those Necris skins?
I don't have ut2004, soooo...
But I'd like to see those skins anyway (and I might purchase the game one day...)

Lei Hng Wei
29th Sep 2004, 11:15 PM
Kragoth and Thannis.

NeoNite
30th Sep 2004, 10:37 AM
Hmmm...
Nothing special. Well aside of what Shadow_Dragon said, that's an advantage of course.
But these two necris appear to be "little goodie two shoes".. instead of Warriors :-/

Tnx for the pics though.

Lei Hng Wei
30th Sep 2004, 01:16 PM
Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes
Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes

Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do? ;)

NeoNite
1st Oct 2004, 11:41 AM
I deepfry extraterrestrial ninkapoopidoopiwoopy-ish blue-footed boobies in a lake of fire and brimstone, with a sack strapped to their nose.

shadow_dragon
4th Oct 2004, 12:36 PM
I was at a lan party theother day and some people just set up UT2004 on their comps and we couldn't be bothered tos rpead the custom skin around! I used the new Necris Kragoth skin and, now having played with it a fair bit I have to say i quite like it! :)