PDA

View Full Version : Map Votes

Zaknafein
24th Sep 2004, 07:55 AM
One of the few things that I like about 2k4 ONS is the map voting system once a map ends ... will UTXMP include a similar system?

Nor$e
24th Sep 2004, 09:36 AM
yeah must admit its a nice feature

[DF]phalanx
24th Sep 2004, 09:56 AM
yeah
we need mapvotes
rather then rool through standered maps then through the crap

Dandeloreon1984
24th Sep 2004, 10:26 AM
i agree, but ut2k4 has mapvote built in, so i think they will have it easy to enable it via some form of setting ;)

fireball
24th Sep 2004, 02:43 PM
Randommap owns you all.

Xaero
24th Sep 2004, 03:18 PM
yes Dandel, but the question is "will they?"

fireball
24th Sep 2004, 04:04 PM
And if they don't, the CXP will!

So lets not worry.

L0cky
24th Sep 2004, 04:18 PM
Mapvote's not game specific, it's a server option x)

WolfmanK
24th Sep 2004, 05:54 PM
map vote should be available by default, but at this point I'm thinking this might be a bit to trivial to worry about in in an initial release

Jackal
25th Sep 2004, 07:23 AM
And if they don't, the CXP will!

So lets not worry.

Nice!

MV would be nice. however i think that it will cause some issues. how? i don't know right now, but im pretty sure that people will love it at first, then perhaps frown on it later. IDK, i just got this feeling about it. it's too 2k4'ish. not XMPish. but that's just in my opion

Fleury14
25th Sep 2004, 09:11 AM
The only problem with mapvote I could forsee is the same 3-5 maps being played constantly.

Xaero
25th Sep 2004, 11:00 AM
Fleury, how is that different from now? :lol:

Fleury14
25th Sep 2004, 07:31 PM
Have you been on some of these XMP servers at all lately?

There are servers out there with 30-40 map rotations.

IndianPsycho
25th Sep 2004, 07:41 PM
As said before, mapvote is serverside, and I think configurable per gametype.

Dandeloreon1984
26th Sep 2004, 12:19 AM
As said before, mapvote is serverside, and I think configurable per gametype.

it is, and i can show you a snippet of it, but won't... it is done with what maps are in your rotation, then it uses the rotation to deturminw what maps to allow you to pick for your next map.

fireball
26th Sep 2004, 08:38 AM

We have 109 maps on our server. I'd guess about 80-90 of those are in rotation. RandomMap keeps it sane, since there's no "crap map is next, lets go to another server"

JaGo
26th Sep 2004, 10:40 AM
The only problem with mapvote I could forsee is the same 3-5 maps being played constantly.

Didn't read all the following posts, but...2k4 map voting has an elimination mode. Meaning after a map is played it becomes unavailable until the rotation is complete. You can also set how many times a particular map can be "restarted".

PRG
26th Sep 2004, 11:22 AM

Yah, 40 maps and 20 of them suck. Then of those 20 crummy maps, 5-10 should never have been made.

Bleeder
27th Sep 2004, 09:19 PM
I don't think most people want mapvote based on the fact that there already is a mapvote mutator for U2XMP... and nobody uses it. "Los XMP" was the only server I ever saw running it.

I think [GDC]Faust knows something about the U2XMP mapvote mutator but I could be totally wrong about that.

[DOA]Kharn
28th Sep 2004, 07:25 AM
The UT2004 map vote is perfectly configurable for public and private server use, with the proper know-how admins can set it great for XMP, i would recommend its inclusion.

[GDC]Faust
28th Sep 2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think most people want mapvote based on the fact that there already is a mapvote mutator for U2XMP... and nobody uses it. "Los XMP" was the only server I ever saw running it.

I think [GDC]Faust knows something about the U2XMP mapvote mutator but I could be totally wrong about that.

Yep, there were severe replication-issues with this mutator due to insufficient beta-testing. It was intended to release the final version with the GFP-Pack, but since I was involved in 3 Maps of this pack and had to help fixing some bugs shortly b4 the release, I wasn't able to finish it.

Right now, further working on it seems quite redundant to me...

MikeSobe
6th Oct 2004, 07:37 PM
I know some of the Map vote systems worked where however many frags you had that is how many votes you had. Think of the wonderful point whoring that would cause for UT:XMP, screw capping the artie, I am running around hacking ****. LOL.... but seriously it will be nice to see map vote, and there are so many different options and settings that I wouldn't be worried about getting bad maps.

Kaio
7th Oct 2004, 04:17 AM
One of the few things that I like about 2k4 ONS is the map voting system once a map ends ... will UTXMP include a similar system?

As long as Artidozenraptors isnt in the mapcycle, i agree. :D