[AIM] saving closed convos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I had a conversation with a friend that, upon second thought, I wanted to save. The problem is I closed the window already.
Is there a way to get it back? Like, is it logged or cached somewhere I can get at?

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
*hint* your friend has the same text on his end with the blue and red switched. */hint*

(Oh, and if you're on my network, I probably have a copy in my sniffer logs.)

Other than that, no.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Kaligraphic said:
*hint* your friend has the same text on his end with the blue and red switched. */hint*

(Oh, and if you're on my network, I probably have a copy in my sniffer logs.)

Other than that, no.

I know that much. The reason why I ask is because they closed it down also.
If not, then its ok.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
Do sniffers pick up screen names and passwords, or is that information encrypted? Do they also pick up the IP address of whoever types text during an AIM conversation?

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
No, it won’t; it merely removes advertisements from AIM.

AIM Sniffer will do the trick, and I read somewhere that, if you install it on a computer connected to a broadband ISP, it will log AIM conversations of everyone who subscribes to your ISP. Is this true? Will it also log screen names and passwords, or is that crap encrypted?

And how the hell do you guys know all this? I didn’t even know sniffers could log everything everyone does on a broadband ISP; I read about it in a BeyondUnreal thread, and couldn’t find any information about it anywhere else on the Net, not even via Google. Where did you guys learn this, and other stuff about hacking?

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
You're right mate, my bad. But can anyone answer the questions raised in my previous reply?

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
Err, now that we've answered ilkman's question, can anyone answer my questions? :)

jc! said:
AIM Sniffer will do the trick, and I read somewhere that, if you install it on a computer connected to a broadband ISP, it will log AIM conversations of everyone who subscribes to your ISP. Is this true? Will it also log screen names and passwords, or is that crap encrypted?

And how the hell do you guys know all this? I didn’t even know sniffers could log everything everyone does on a broadband ISP; I read about it in a BeyondUnreal thread, and couldn’t find any information about it anywhere else on the Net, not even via Google. Where did you guys learn this, and other stuff about hacking?

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Your default gateway is a proxy cache. It has all kinds of useful info from anyone on the same node, possible headend as you. Get yourself a portscanner (bc you'll need one), find out what your default gateway is and start scanning it. Dont give up until you find several open and vulnerable ports. This is likely to take some time, it's common to scan a host for days so leave it running. :)

Last edited: