PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak 2004 MotherShip Server

Sexmachine
23rd Sep 2004, 12:48 PM
The Jailbreak 2004b MotherShip Server is up and running:Address: 204.14.244.53
Scoreboard (http://204.14.244.53:8088/scoreboard/)kindly hosted by DefConServers (http://www.defconservers.com/)

Sexmachine
25th Sep 2004, 07:39 PM
The server is now running the Jailbreak 2004 Editor's Choice Edition (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/?news=251) - so what are you waiting for?

CoolDude
26th Feb 2005, 03:39 PM
I thought it's better to dug up this thread, instead of creating a new one.

Copied from this post (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1729325&postcount=71):
First test version. This thing should work as desired, but I might still have to add a detection for players timing out before the match starts.
The mutator's classs name is "InitialSpawnDelay.MutSpawnDelay".Could this InitialSpawnDelay be added to the UT2004 mothership? I had to wait a quite a big deal again today while some people did spawn but still had no control yet.

While you're at it, could you remove the JBReleaseTree out of the serverpackages. It seems people had to wait for it quite a while connecting for the first time (it's not redirected ... ?).

Sexmachine
27th Feb 2005, 04:28 AM
@Wormbo: What does it need to make the InitialSpawnDelay mutator work on a server? Do I need to add it as a ServerActor or a ServerPackage (plus command line)?

Wormbo
27th Feb 2005, 07:47 AM
You only need to add it to the mutators list. It will add itself to the ServerPackages automatically, if it's active. The mutator's name for the command line is "InitialSpawnDelay.MutSpawnDelay".

Sexmachine
27th Feb 2005, 08:36 AM
Added and working! Let's see if it runs well at tonights lockdown. This should be added to the core Jailbreak code imo (JB2004c that is). :)

tarquin
27th Feb 2005, 11:46 AM
This should be added to the core Jailbreak code imo (JB2004c that is). :)

File an enhancement in the bugs forum, if all goes well tonight :)

CoolDude
27th Feb 2005, 12:20 PM
if all goes well tonight :)I'm going to enable "Preload all playerskins" again, especially for tonight. ;)
If the mutator works correct I shouldn't be connected (or visible or killable, I'm not sure) until all the stuff is loaded.

Wormbo
28th Feb 2005, 03:15 AM
... or killable...
That's an interesting idea as well - extend the spawn protection so connecting players that for some reason DID spawn cannot be killed. :)

Sexmachine
5th Mar 2005, 06:21 PM
The Jailbreak 2004 MotherShip has been moved from New York to Detroit and thus the IP has changed to 209.124.57.9.

@tarq: Do you think you can post some news about this (and give those cool guys from Defcon some serious pimpage again)? :D

tarquin
6th Mar 2005, 03:23 AM
Sure.
Anyone got a good picture I can use?

Does the lockdown page need updating too? I don't have FTP here, someone else will have to take care of that.

Sexmachine
6th Mar 2005, 03:49 AM
You can either use this: http://www.defconservers.com/flash/lgo2.swf
or the attached image.

Sexmachine
6th Mar 2005, 04:24 AM
Does the lockdown page need updating too? I don't have FTP here, someone else will have to take care of that. Done. What file do I need to modify to make the lockdown counter point to the new IP (209.124.57.9) ?

tarquin
6th Mar 2005, 04:33 AM
news.htt, I think

Mychaeel
6th Mar 2005, 04:34 AM
What file do I need to modify to make the lockdown counter point to the new IP (209.124.57.9) ?
I've changed that.

tarquin
6th Mar 2005, 05:38 AM
News posted.
can someone prod a BU news admin please?

Mychaeel
6th Mar 2005, 02:04 PM
Argh... the server refuses to send any package at all, including Wormbo's InitialSpawnDelay (and JB-Chrome doesn't seem to be redirected)... Sexmachine! Help!

[edit]
See this posting (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1729325&postcount=71) (a few posts up) to download InitialSpawnDelay.

ZedMaestro
6th Mar 2005, 02:41 PM
The DefconServer move has severly disrupted the lockdown as many players are now lagging horribly.

Looks like we need a new server.

Mychaeel
6th Mar 2005, 02:55 PM
The DefconServer move has severly disrupted the lockdown as many players are now lagging horribly.
Yes, indeed. :hmm:

Well, there are quite a lot of Jailbreak servers listed in the server browser. Perhaps we can just pick one from there?

Slade'
6th Mar 2005, 02:57 PM
I agree, at least for us Europeans, moving further west has caused severe problems.

Sexmachine
6th Mar 2005, 03:08 PM
Dang, I have expected this to happen and there is nothing I can do about it. :(

Spudsy
6th Mar 2005, 03:09 PM
Allow me to also comment on the problem. I live in Philadelphia, PA (for those of you who don't know it's on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States). I have never had any problems with the Jailbreak server while it was in New York and it ran as smooth as silk for me. Now, after the move to Detroit, I have lagged severely. I ask Sexmachine and the other Jailbreak Team Members involved in running the server to please look into the problem and try to rectify the situation.

Mychaeel
6th Mar 2005, 04:13 PM
DefCon moved the servers; we had no say in this, and the only thing we can do is report the problem to them and hope they can fix it.

If they can't, I suppose we'll have to move the MotherShip (or at least the Lockdown) elsewhere.

Trueblood
7th Mar 2005, 02:17 AM
Argh... the server refuses to send Wormbo's InitialSpawnDelay
I did manage to get that in the end ... a long wait for 8kb to download :o but i tweeked my firewall and i got it. Im kinda glad its not just me, i thought my fire wall had gone potty on me. :rolleyes:
If Spudsy is getting the lag in Philadelphia, maybe its just a DefCon problem, surely moving the server west abit wont make my ping raise from 30 to 150 :hmm:

Boost
7th Mar 2005, 02:44 AM
surely moving the server west abit wont make my ping raise from 30 to 150 :hmm:

You were lucky, CoolDude and my ping went to 480 at times, so we couldn't play. :(
Well, we still had fun playing on the Mothership UT99! \o/ More people joined here because of the high ping. :D

Angie
7th Mar 2005, 04:05 AM
I´ve tested it this morning and my ping (from Germany) was about 160- 170. I was the only human on the server at that time. Really depressing to get only a few kills even with the flak cannon! :(

Mychaeel
7th Mar 2005, 04:34 AM
Sexmachine, you've been the main contact person to DefCon -- can you please point them to the problem and ask whether it's a temporary thing and/or if we can do anything about it?

Sexmachine
7th Mar 2005, 11:26 AM
I am on it and I'll keep you posted.

TheSpoonDog
7th Mar 2005, 03:51 PM
I´ve tested it this morning and my ping (from Germany) was about 160- 170. I was the only human on the server at that time. Really depressing to get only a few kills even with the flak cannon!
160-170 ping... a few kills... Oh the pain! ;)

Gunhero01
7th Mar 2005, 07:31 PM
kinda good think i couldn't make it yesterday. didn't seem like it was too much fun because of the lag

Spudsy
10th Mar 2005, 05:29 PM
Don't mind me asking this but, is there a chance that the lag problem can be fixed in time for this weekend's (15:00 EST) lockdown?

Mychaeel
11th Mar 2005, 03:02 AM
We've been working on it. Whether that problem will be fixed for next Sunday already remains to be seen.

Sexmachine
13th Mar 2005, 05:31 AM
To keep you posted:

We are still working on it but haven't done any major changes yet. If possible join tonights lockdown at the Detroit server and post some more feedback in this thread.

If the LAG still exists we may have the chance to move the server back to NewYork but that remains to be seen.

See ya at tonights lockdown! :)

CoolDude
13th Mar 2005, 04:59 PM
Last week for me was unplayable.
This week the ping was better It started off with 250 and at the end it even was 150.
It's not as good as when the server was in NY though.
So if there is still a chance to move back to there, I think we should grab it ...

Btw: Can you put Crusher on MS?

ZedMaestro
13th Mar 2005, 05:30 PM
Yup. I had a consistent 150 ping most of the time, and at one point it did pop up to about 260 for about 5 minutes. If possible, move it back to New York.

Funktion
13th Mar 2005, 06:25 PM
My ping was never less than 180 (at least that I noticed), and it was usually in the 220's.
The performance on the old server was a lot better for me.

Trueblood
14th Mar 2005, 02:59 AM
My ping is just abit higher then normal...enough to see a difference but its playable.

Sexmachine
14th Mar 2005, 12:37 PM
My ping is just abit higher then normal...enough to see a difference but its playable.Same here ... is it really worth changing back to NY?

Trueblood
14th Mar 2005, 01:04 PM
I would like it back to where it was :)
I dont remember many comments about ping in NY

ZedMaestro
14th Mar 2005, 02:07 PM
Yes, it is worth it moving it back :)

Funktion
14th Mar 2005, 06:28 PM
While my ping was not a lot less than it is now I didn't "feel" so much lag as a I do in the new server, don't know why (I didn't check my "packages lost" info). With the same ping on the old server I didn't have as many problems as I did in the new one (by the way I'm connecting from Europe). During the first maps when I was shooting a Flak Cannon the shots took more than a second to actually be fired!

Hopefully, since sooner or later I'll have a 4Mb or 8Mb connection, my problems will disappear... :lol:

CoolDude
18th Mar 2005, 05:39 AM
*** bump ***
Btw: Can you put Crusher on MS?
Nice steady 128 ping last night.
It was great to frag PMS again ;)

XS PMS
18th Mar 2005, 05:52 AM
Yes it was fun blowing yer head off love :P I havent played in so long I think I may have forgotten..... My 9 year old plays better than me

tarquin
20th Mar 2005, 08:11 AM
So what's the verdict?

Is it playable on the new server?

Trueblood
20th Mar 2005, 01:02 PM
I`d rather it on the old :)

Funktion
20th Mar 2005, 02:23 PM
I just left the server, because it was unplayable for me. I know I'm connecting from Europe, but I never experienced lag as bad as today. I was 0-15 or so, and 90% of the times I didn't even see someone shooting at me, I was simply walking, freeze, then respawn in jail.

Spudsy
22nd Mar 2005, 06:18 PM
The server was yet again a lag fest more than that of a frag fest. The Sunday Lockdowns have become Freeze-Ups. The New York server is needed and never experienced these problems something has to be done and in a pithy matter. Actions to fix this problems must be swift, responsive, and appropriate. I shall expect this problem to be fixed at least 3 Lockdowns from now. Can we get any report upon the progress of the server situation?

ZedMaestro
23rd Mar 2005, 05:15 AM
When you were complaining about lag on Sunday, I looked at your ping. It was 88ms. Almost everyone else, especially Europeans, was pinging around 128ms.

I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions about that.

Also, what will you do if it isn't fixed in 3 weeks time?

Mychaeel
23rd Mar 2005, 05:29 AM
I suppose he will take punitive action -- perhaps throw us all in the brig.

Trueblood
23rd Mar 2005, 07:34 AM
Was the ping still high when the majority of people left on Sunday?
Maybe the server can hand 4 v 4 but not 8 v 8

Also, what will you do if it isn't fixed in 3 weeks time?
Something "swift, responsive, and appropriate." :rolleyes:

Spudsy
25th Mar 2005, 10:50 AM
The point of my ping being 88 is not the issue here. It doesn't matter if the ping was 1 if the lag made it unplayable, then it's unplayable. Now, I understand that everyone in Europe has it worse but, I too am having lag problems. I look at it this way, everyone is having problems with lag no matter the location or ping and I am one of them. Therefore I shall also opine upon the problem of the Detroit server.

tarquin
25th Mar 2005, 11:09 AM
It doesn't matter if the ping was 1 if the lag made it unplayable, then it's unplayable.

What's the difference between ping and lag?

4WD
25th Mar 2005, 02:59 PM
What's the difference between ping
high ping: u push the button to shoot & ur shot is not instantly being executet (a few seconds later... well not really seconds, but i think u'll understand)

and lag?
ur movement is not fluid (little freezes while playing)

Timonator
27th Mar 2005, 07:24 AM
ur movement is not fluid (little freezes while playing)

i once had a that bad lag, i was teleporting across the whole map (no kidding!)

TK v3
27th Mar 2005, 04:56 PM
Ping: The time it takes for a packet to go from location to location, generally averaged.
Lag: Generally the effect of lost packets.

Timonator
27th Mar 2005, 04:58 PM
the lag was not really there tonite, atleast not for me, my clanmates [SF]Fredyy and [SF]DerDoofe had really bad lag! :(

Trueblood
28th Mar 2005, 03:35 AM
There was lag, but it was sort of "on and off" which was weird :con:
but everyone felt it, from people pining at 44 to people who are at 140

TK v3
28th Mar 2005, 06:44 AM
I didn't really feel it. Most of the time I was able to compensate by leading the target far enough.

Sexmachine
17th Apr 2005, 12:12 PM
Inspired by the JELP 2005 I have added UT2Vote50 (http://unreal.co.za/proasm/ut2vote50.html) to our MotherShip and fixed a problem with the redirect server (so everyone should receive the needed file(s) when connecting) - see ya at the Sunday Lockdown! :)

Timonator
17th Apr 2005, 12:43 PM
aah the sunday lockdown! almost forgot! count me in!! :D

tarquin
17th Apr 2005, 02:12 PM
Sexmachine, could you add that to the lockdown page's list of required mutators please?

Timonator
17th Apr 2005, 03:47 PM
sry m8's i forgot Starwars Episode I :(
nice film, tho!
and cant wait to see the freeze execution sequences :D :D :D

Spudsy
1st May 2005, 01:27 PM
There are a few other small things I meant to mention about the server if they can be changed. First is that you can't spectate and, well I sometimes gotta do small chores during a match so, if you can specating abilities would be nice. Also, the origional New York server, before it moved to Detroit and while it was in Detroit, was stats enabled. This one is not. I'm only asking that if you can, may you please allow spectators and stats.

Sexmachine
1st May 2005, 02:20 PM
I think both problems relate to a wrong configuration of UT2Vote (my bad). I am looking into this and I think I have already fixed the stats problem. The spectator problem seems a bit harder to track down, but I'll see what I can do ... please be patient. :)

Spudsy
1st May 2005, 06:34 PM
Thank you Sex Machine, I am in your debt.

Sexmachine
21st May 2005, 03:49 AM
After some problems with the redirect server everything is back to normal again (besides the probs Spudsy mentioned) so there is no reason to miss the next Sunday Lockdown. :)

The_Head
21st May 2005, 06:08 AM
noooo i forgot about Lockdown.... I'm going out to get drunk......Have fun guyd, see you next week I guess

edit: Actually can make it. l8rs
Playing JB > Drunkness :lol:

CoolDude
22nd May 2005, 03:12 PM
Laggy again :(

ZedMaestro
22nd May 2005, 03:48 PM
there is no reason to miss the next Sunday Lockdown...and your reason is? :p

mrloper
22nd May 2005, 04:08 PM
no lag here

Boost
22nd May 2005, 04:10 PM
...and your reason is? :p
:clap: :lol: :lol:

Angie
23rd May 2005, 02:55 AM
...and your reason is? :p
....a very important soccer match in Frankfurt and our team has won the match!!! \o/

ZedMaestro
23rd May 2005, 03:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Ooookay, I'll let you off. Better show up next week :p

The_Head
29th May 2005, 09:43 AM
Not sure If I am going to be able to make it today. I kinda f***** up my gfx drivers yesterday and my computer wont boot....... (am on an install on another partiction atm which is also ****ed)
SO I'l be there If I succesfully reinstall......

Rob
30th May 2005, 04:44 AM
Better show up next week :p
So, what was it this time ?

ZedMaestro
26th Jun 2005, 12:50 PM
The server is down :(

And could you put up RimeValley-Beta2 and Coralation-Beta3 please :)

Sexmachine
27th Jun 2005, 02:27 AM
Seems like the server is gone completely and I don't have any info about this. All I can do is wait for DefCon to reply in their forums (as my mails don't get answered either).

ZedMaestro
27th Jun 2005, 12:32 PM
Well the scoreboard page (http://69.9.163.130:8088/scoreboard/) is working again, so that means that the server is back up.

Maybe they had a power failure or were upgrading something. :hmm:

Sexmachine
9th Jul 2005, 12:13 PM
First is that you can't spectate and, well I sometimes gotta do small chores during a match so, if you can specating abilities would be nice. Also, the origional New York server, before it moved to Detroit and while it was in Detroit, was stats enabled. This one is not. I'm only asking that if you can, may you please allow spectators and stats.

Spectator problem fixed, not sure about the stats prob yet.

Spudsy
9th Jul 2005, 01:20 PM
Wow, thank you very much Sex. You rock dude!

Sexmachine
10th Jul 2005, 05:33 AM
Lookeeh here! (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/serverstats.php?server=11693865)

Spudsy
10th Jul 2005, 07:26 PM
Nice job Sexmachine, around of applauds goes out to you my friend.

CoolDude
19th Jul 2005, 04:20 AM
Spectator problem fixed, not sure about the stats prob yet.Just out of curiousity, what did you do to fix it?
(yes ... were back)

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2005, 11:03 AM
It was a problem with the INI file from UT2Vote. Oh and welcome back! :)

Spudsy
19th Jul 2005, 12:26 PM
Welcome back Cool and Boost! SO the .ini was the thing causing the mess up huh? I would have never guessed.

CoolDude
19th Jul 2005, 01:26 PM
It was a problem with the INI file from UT2Vote. No really? Duh. :D
And you really think that this answer satisfies my curiousity? ;)

Oh and welcome back! :).Thanks both.

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2005, 01:56 PM
[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False? Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStat s=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Jailbreak",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="JB-Snifam",MapPrefix="JB",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=24?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?W eaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePasswo rd=?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.10?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=8?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")I have added the gametype "Jailbreak" with the basic settings to the UT2Vote.ini (see above) but unfortunately the "?MaxSpectators=2" part of it caused the problem so I had to removed that part. Problem solved. Satisfied? ;)

4WD
15th Aug 2005, 04:38 AM
sexmachine can you plz install that overtimelastchance addon on the server ? in order to prevent such games like on crusher yesterday (where it was already 11 mins overtime & no end in sight) thanks.

Hans Oberlander
15th Aug 2005, 01:00 PM
I agree the game was getting tedious and it didnt help with all that mic spam.

Vatcilli zeitchef
15th Aug 2005, 02:29 PM
Sure sounds like you guys had a good time!
I ordered my new UT2004 cd some hours ago,
(WITH INTERNET I HOPE OR ELSE THE BOL.COM
WILL REGRET IT!!:instagib: )
maybe I'll make it till the next lockdown!:D

Spudsy
15th Aug 2005, 08:50 PM
sexmachine can you plz install that overtimelastchance addon on the server ? in order to prevent such games like on crusher yesterday (where it was already 11 mins overtime & no end in sight) thanks.

:mad: I strongly disagree. Overtime means time to step up your game. It's golden goal too so it's not like we're playing a whole nother 15 minutes. If a game goes into double OT, oh well, that's just how thing are. If you're gonna brag with an old 1 hour bot match in the POTW archives, don't complain about a 11 minute over time cause then you simply have no room to talk. I think we should stop worrying about a match going into OT. Only wusses and weaklings complain about overtime, and last Sunday's "solution" to the so-called "problem" was highly unprofessional (no offense Sexmachine). If they vote for a stage, and the match goes into OT, with a chance of going into Double OT, that's on them. They should have known the concequence of choosing a certain map, and if they don't, then that's on them. I am still upset over what happened because I have been waiting to play in a good Double OT for 5 months now. Look, the Last Overtime thing is a nice Add-On, but I don't think it's something to play with online. When OT hits, it means time to keep the pressure on your opponents and repel any incoming attacks. Does hockey play with a last chance thing, u bet they do, it's called GOLDEN GOAL. The server should be left as it is imho, and the only time an admin should use his/her abilities is when there is a higly disruptive or cheating player. I don't mean to tell you how to admin Sexmahine, and in the end, yeah I have to deal with any decisions you make, and I'm totally fine with that. However, games rarely do last long in OT on the server, and I think a good long OT match once in a while is fine. This is the first +7 minute overtime match I have ever seen on that server in the history I have been playing on it (5 months), and the thing was going on 11 minutes plus. Oh well, you voted for it, you deal with it. That's the way I look like it, and those who do nothing but constantly nag others with complaints are n00bs. There is a mid game voting system for a reason too. If they can't decide on a map to play on, oh well, that's on them. You either have to unanomusly or majoritarily vote to change, or you are stuck on the server the majority voted for. There are options for use to avoid long matches if people don't wanna play, and when they don't wanna use them properly, well that's their problem. I apologize if I have offended anyone by stating my opinion, but I was highly offended by the actions that were taken last Sunday. By the way, it was fun killing all ya'll for my Wicked Sick Spree. :P

mrloper
16th Aug 2005, 03:50 AM
i think putting that add on on the server is a good idea

ZedMaestro
16th Aug 2005, 07:23 PM
Why not put the Addon on the server to see how it goes?

If you're gonna brag with an old 1 hour bot match in the POTW archives, don't complain about a 11 minute over time cause then you simply have no room to talk.That was actually the result of the bot in JB-Rainmaker getting so stuck that the other team of bots couldn't find him. That overtime was not because of a close or "too-many-players" game, so you can't fairly use that as an argument.

And before you use the "well you weren't even there, so what do you know" come-back on me...

Firstly, I wasn't present because I now do the Sunday evening shift at the pub (which I actually asked not to do before in the hope of playing in the Lockdown, but after 2 weeks of no action I gave up waiting. Ironically the server was busy as soon as I started doing the shift the next week :rolleyes: ).
Secondly, I do know exactly what a "too-many-players" game in Crusher is like as I have experienced it.

And since I've been absent from Jailbreak due to work, I thought I'd have a look at the JB-Coralation Stats (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mapstats.php?map=19954) to see how it was going. The map has been around for almost a month now, and at the time of writing it has been played 6 times, never with more than 8 players.

Now that part doesnt bother me too much, because obviously you need enough players to really have fun in the map. However, I noticed the Pic Of The Week on the PJB homepage showed a server with 20 players present, so I popped along to the JB2004 Mothership Stats (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/serverstats.php?server=12937346) to see what other maps were played; Coralation wasn't. Looking up the list I see that last Sunday Gravity had 18 people in it -- an ideal number of players for a large vJB map like Coralation if it were to be voted for next -- yet the map voted for next was Crusher2, seeing a staggering 24 players throughout its game.

The irony here is that you have loads of players, which is great, but you then vote for a small map instead of a map designed for that number of players, and then complain at the (long overdue) end because of a combination of a small map and a large number of players. :rolleyes:

I needn't say more to explain my despair. :(

Spudsy
16th Aug 2005, 10:08 PM
The irony here is that you have loads of players, which is great, but you then vote for a small map instead of a map designed for that number of players, and then complain at the (long overdue) end because of a combination of a small map and a large number of players. :rolleyes:

That's what I was saying, but I love Crusher, so I'm gonna vote for it either way. My thing is that we could have capped. We got it down to 1 guy (damn iocor exploiting map bug) who released the team. That match could have been won, but what you say just helps further implement my belief that if you don't vote to change the map while the fights in-progress, or vote for it under those circumstances, uh guess who's problem it becomes. It is HIGHLY arrogant to have everyone vote for the map only to complain about it. I vote for it cause it's my favorite stage, 1 vote for a map won't make it win, so when everyone else voted for it, they should have known the circumstances. They chose to ignore them and complain. Uh talk about ignorance 101. I'm still upset, and I don't think it should be added. Something like this isn't likey to happen again anytime soon, if ever, so I say, it is not of a need right now. If it happens more often (matches that cannot possibly end and I mean when they are in Double OT, with like no team coming close to a cap, and the possibility of it going into Triple OT) then yeah, add the last chance, but I think last Sunday's "events" was a one time thing.

4WD
17th Aug 2005, 11:43 AM
They should have known the concequence of choosing a certain map, and if they don't, then that's on them.
just to inform u: there was a lot of new players there. not everybody does know every map, you spamming 'crusher crusher' during mapvote only suggests them to choose that map without knowing how spammy it'll be.
constantly nag others with complaints are n00bs.
like yourself flaming @ every1 ? :o everyone was happy with the forced mapswitch, only you wasnt :lol: (well since you like that map it's quite unerstandable)
By the way, it was fun killing all ya'll for my Wicked Sick Spree. :P
look screenie :P

Sexmachine
17th Aug 2005, 12:14 PM
Easy guys, don't flame each other, please. Just to clear some things up, I really don't do a forced mapswitch easily (as an admin) and I do like overtime matches. But I had to make a decision between those who'd loved to finish the match in Crusher and those who tried to change the map (but mid-game voting isn't easy with a lot of new players not knowing how to access the vote menu). Usually people get bored after a while and start leaving the server and that's why I've decided to switch the map. Like it or not, the "OvertimeLastChance" mutator is now running on the Mothership but that may or may not change someday. :)

Spudsy
17th Aug 2005, 01:10 PM
Hmmmm, re-thinking about what you've just said, I now see that the decision u made wasn't a bad call. Still @%$#&@^%!$%&@^%$ man that add-on is being played now? Oh, well hopefully it isn't too bad.

Boost
17th Aug 2005, 02:34 PM
We were having fun in Bassma this afternoon, when we went into overtime! Well, sniff.... sniff.... sniff... sniff....:shake: 3 of our team caught and 2 of their team, for the peeps in jail it is no fun waiting till the last person is caught. I must say that I do not like the add on.:( Just fighting till the end is way more fun,:D I find that it takes the fun out of the game. I can remember when we played UT99 Crusher on a lockdown.... hahahaha, now that was overtime and good FUN!!!\\o/

I still play JB because I enjoy it, please don't take the fun out of the game. Overtime is part of the game! I know that the add on must run for a while, but I hope it will disappear in time.:D

CoolDude
17th Aug 2005, 03:08 PM
I didn't get involved myself in the discussion of this OvertimeAddon, because I was not fond of the idea to start with.

I feel overtime is just part of Jailbreak.
The best and most exiting matches I ever played went into overtime. On the other hand the worst matches I ever played also went into overtime (30 mins of JB-CapreDiem / JB-Cybrosis anyone?).

When teams are balanced, the playercount does not match, and the bases are difficult to defend, you've got a chance of an endless overtime game. However, I think this doesn't justify the fact of taking away the exitement of a good overtime match.

I wouldn't use this OvertimeAddon myself, unless perhaps it is possible to give in a time after which the OvertimeAddon should start (e.g. 15 mins of normal game, 5/10 mins of normal overtime, after that start the OvertimeAddon).
Therefore I hope this Addon on the Mothership is no more than an experiment.

@Zed: MapVoting is just based on map preference. Some maps are played a lot, others will be played less. That's the way it was, that's the way it will always be. Don't feel hard about it.

RevBillyG
17th Aug 2005, 03:42 PM
(damn iocor exploiting map bug)

What map bug?

Hans Oberlander
17th Aug 2005, 10:01 PM
Well, it's not a bug but its kinda an exploit.

What iOCOR does is he stands on the end of the crusher. in the highest point of its swing he shieldjumps to the top statues above, he lamely camps up there, bragging about how he owns us and we're noobs. At the end he just jumps and hits the switch from the air.

RevBillyG
18th Aug 2005, 01:30 AM
aha! Shockrifle needed then ;)

Trueblood
18th Aug 2005, 02:35 AM
baah, thats your answer to everything Rev :-)

Vatcilli zeitchef
18th Aug 2005, 03:04 AM
I thought I'd have a look at the JB-Coralation Stats (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mapstats.php?map=19954) to see how it was going. The map has been around for almost a month now, and at the time of writing it has been played 6 times, never with more than 8 players.....

.....I needn't say more to explain my despair. :(

Too bad you did not see us playing Jailbreak at the LAN party 20 matches
(2 days of gaming without sleep) of which 5 in colaration with 18 players.
sure we were having fun. (and great overtime experiences)

Rob
12th Sep 2005, 02:32 AM
A mutator that should be added to the server, provided JB has an end game focus : http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/singlepost.php?id=8725.

:D

Angie
12th Sep 2005, 03:06 AM
And where are the strong men for us girls? We need someone to change the models! :D

4WD
12th Sep 2005, 05:03 AM
looool hve installed it & it works indeed :D too hillarious ;)

Vatcilli zeitchef
12th Sep 2005, 08:48 AM
Sickos:rolleyes:

Vatcilli zeitchef
28th Sep 2005, 12:45 PM
Hey sex remember your old JBIII skin?
you can roam arround in ut2004 with it now!! :D
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=2238&PHPSESSID=e37f3c13d1e38e020c035862f35dc633

Sexmachine
28th Sep 2005, 01:45 PM
Two more maps added (EpicBoy and Divergence). The overtime addon is no more but UT2Vote now comes in version 51. Thanks for your attention! ;)

tarquin
28th Sep 2005, 01:46 PM
I thought the EpicBoy release version had problems with it?

4WD
28th Sep 2005, 02:43 PM
problems are: size, minimap working weird online & bot-liftjump in arena. i've fixed all of them, size is 26mb now, gonna upload it soon.

tarquin
28th Sep 2005, 02:51 PM
26MB! That's impressive! what did you do to get it down from 50?

Sexmachine
28th Sep 2005, 11:47 PM
Well done 4WD - will add it to the server as soon as it's available. :)

Sexmachine
30th Sep 2005, 02:27 PM
JB-EpicBoy-Classic added ;)

4WD
30th Sep 2005, 07:14 PM
woohoo

Rob
1st Oct 2005, 05:55 AM
*hint* Lockdown page to update. ;)

Sexmachine
13th Dec 2005, 01:30 PM
The Jailbreak 2004 MotherShip IP has has changed to 204.14.244.53

Join: ut2004://204.14.244.53:7777/
Show: http://204.14.244.53:8088/scoreboard/

Full story:

Sexmachine - Posted On: 11 Dec 2005 07:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello DefCon!

This is Sexmachine calling for your help! :) For some reason our sponsored Jailbreak 2004 server disappeared a couple of days ago - can you please check and reply? Thanks a ton and happy hollidays to the whole DEFCON staff (esp. to Scott, enjoy your marriage).

Cheers,
Sexmachine

Chuck Kenny - Posted On: 11 Dec 2005 03:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will check that for ya.
----
Support Staff
DefconServers.com

Justin Edwards - Posted On: 11 Dec 2005 04:53 PM
Hi Oliver,

I show the UT server up and running could you please confirm this for me.

Thanks,
Justin
----
Support Staff
DefconServers.com

Chuck Kenny - Posted On: 11 Dec 2005 10:02 PM
We know it is your 2004 server and will get to it tonight.
----
Support Staff
DefconServers.com

Chuck Kenny - Posted On: 13 Dec 2005 11:25 AM
Sorry for the delay on this. We had some troubles with the machine you were on. I have moved you to another machine in NY.
Here is the new ip: 204.14.244.53:7777

Once again I apologize for the downtime.
----
Support Staff
DefconServers.com

Rob
13th Dec 2005, 02:00 PM
Looks like no one noticed... :rolleyes:

Hazel.H
13th Dec 2005, 05:47 PM
I wondered where it had gone, was about to ask :p
Nice to see it's back up, anyone playing this weekend? It's been rather empty lately.

G.Lecter
13th Dec 2005, 06:11 PM
I wondered where it had gone, was about to ask :p
Nice to see it's back up, anyone playing this weekend? It's been rather empty lately.Yeah, I thought my Internet connection had become too laggy or was buggering me again... :rolleyes:
I usually stay a little on Sunday Lockdowns, not too many people playing these days... Hopefully it will be back full in winter holidays... :)

Timonator
14th Dec 2005, 04:01 AM
i would really love to play with you again on weekends but lately i was being tired all day even tho i had a nap like every other day and went to bed earlyer than normal...

my parents think i have a depression of some kind... oh well, life sucks

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Dec 2005, 06:45 AM
I'm having problems in RL now :( so untill those are solved I won't be playing any games.

mrloper
22nd Jan 2006, 01:48 PM
On the site, if u hit the sunday lockdown button it shows the wrong IP.
it shows : ut2004://69.9.163.130:7777

The IP of the server is ut2004://204.14.244.53:7777

tarquin
24th Jan 2006, 08:04 AM
It's changed again...?

Sexmachine
24th Jan 2006, 08:28 AM
Click for details (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1955724&postcount=118). Nothing has changed since that day. :)

mrloper
24th Jan 2006, 09:06 AM
i know that, but the link to the server is not updated yet

tarquin
24th Jan 2006, 10:08 AM
I'll fix it.
Won't be right away because I have to boot into linux to use BU FTP :stick: their FTP is fux0red since they moved hosts.

tarquin
27th Jan 2006, 12:09 PM
Should be fixed. If I've missed any, please hit me :D

Sexmachine
18th Feb 2006, 08:03 AM
JB-StalwartXL and JB-Collateral added to the Mothership. Lockdown (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html) page updated. Kudos to 4WD and Hazel for keeping this mod alive ! Go for it! :)

Sexmachine
25th Apr 2006, 06:54 AM
Rev's JB-Crusher3 and Mychaeel's Jailfight Tally added. UT2Vote updated to the latest version (52). Grab the needed files via the lockdown (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html) page. Thank you all!