UT2004: Editor's Choice Edition Ships

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
EBGames has updated their UT2004: Editor's Choice Edition page stating that the package is in stock and ready to ship. Currently there is no speculation as to when the addon will be available for download, but it will most likely be available soon. Once the file is released, you can be sure to be able to grab it from our very own BeyondUnreal FileWorks.

CountBloody

The Undead Spider Whore
Aug 13, 2004
Better late than ever, good job on Epic given us a free d-load :tup: I'd hate to have to buy a new game version of UT2004 :mad: That would just suck if we had to buy a new version each year.

CH8yo$1

Unregistered User
Oct 30, 2003
Visit site
torrent?
omg plz not !
i have an extremly good i-nez connection but it sux @ torrent....
i can only download with 20-40 kps :(
well what will be included ?

jsumners

Jul 15, 2004
ug.dyndns.org
What is an "i-nez connection"?

Also, the torrent is only as good as the seeds. If the seeds suck, or are overloaded, then the torrent will suck. If the seeds are good, or plentiful, then it is an excellent distribution system.

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
I think it will take some time to release the addon as a download because the original ut2004 will drop in price if the ED choice hits the shelves. So, in order to sell the ED choice it would be stupid to release the download. ppl will buy the cheap non editors choice vesion and download the rest for free....

BTW, how big will this DL be? With all the mods and stuff... :eek:

BTW2, does any1 know a page where i can see/download ALL '' make something unreal' competition winners?

Thnx :)

Nathjan

Jun 11, 2004
[IMD1]KillRoy said:
I think it will take some time to release the addon as a download because the original ut2004 will drop in price if the ED choice hits the shelves. So, in order to sell the ED choice it would be stupid to release the download. ppl will buy the cheap non editors choice vesion and download the rest for free....

BTW, how big will this DL be? With all the mods and stuff... :eek:

BTW2, does any1 know a page where i can see/download ALL '' make something unreal' competition winners?

Thnx :)

the download will be about 200 mb uncompressed according to Steve Polge.

E

Erez

[IMD1]KillRoy said:

Wrong, the normal and ECE versions will cost the same. So if there's a reason why not to release the download addon at the same time, that's not it.

mikeohara

Out Of Retirement, B***H.
Jun 28, 2004
White Oak, TX
www.otakuinaroom.com
I did a little bit of looking into this ... and EBGames is the only national retailer "shipping" this today supposedly. Gamestop.com (which is the site for Babbages, Gamestop, and Software Etc) shows the shipdate as the 27th of September for the DVD-ROM edition, and the 5th of October for the CD-ROM edition. I have a tendency to trust Gamestop a little bit more than EBGames, but that's only because in my town, there is no EBGames :eek:

JadedLogik

Sep 21, 2004
Midwest
see, i think we should have the download version already. If the reason is to halt piracy, well, people can pirate the ECE edition, or download the UT2k4 regular edition and hack up the ECE download however and set it up for installing on a pirated edition. People will always pirate as long as there is a way. I think they need to release the download version already. If its gonna be like two months before they release the download version I'd almost be tempted to go pay like a schmuck because I wouldn't be able to stand the wait :) If its already printed and shipping out to stores, the official addon part (vehicles, maps, models) should be available right now, especially if the ECE and Non-ECE versions are the same price and the mods are all releasing new versions regularly anyways.