G36K sight is off.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I steadied the weapon by holding the alt-fire button and then i took a screenshot. The current red dot, i assume, is meant to represent the centre of the sight and what you are to aim at.

I drew a white box touching the furthest edges of the green sight, and then found the center of that box. This is where i feel the red shot should be.

Unless of course, i am mistaken about how the g36k sight functions in real life. Currently, however, do the bullets travel along the path of the red dot, the center of the sight, or somewhere inbetween?

Attachments

• g36k_new.jpg
    g36k_new.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Thanks baby Jesus. I was having a hell of a time using it. I was starting to think that maybe my eyes were broken.... :(

It takes balls to be the first one to say 'sights are off'. Congrats. You did the job for me. ;)

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
It's strange, offline I had trouble with the reddot. But the scope was perfect. Online the reddot was perfect, but the scope was off.

It's just strange :-/

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
guys, what's your problem?... the guy is just not holding the weapon 100% centered... and? that's a problem? No ;)
Reason... this is an Aimpoint sight... means the red dot represents the spot you are aiming and firing at... and not the center of the optics.

I guess I do not need to explain an Aimpoint, do I? :p

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I mean when firing beppo, I can understand missing with the scope, but I thought it was impossible to miss with the aimpoint (because you couldn't misaling) or something...

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
the guy is just not holding the weapon 100% centered

He's not? :hmm:

Looks pretty centered to me. This is when you're doing the 'hold breath' thing besides. Shouldn't it be 100% center then? And if that gun isn't 100% centered, why aren't others?

*PARADOX* :hmm:

Besides, I was under the impression that reflex sights and aimpoint systems alike were 100% dead center? No?

I've never used a reflex or aimpoint, just irons and an ACOG. I'm not so sure as to why the dots float independently of the optic system (doesn't look realistic at all to me), but, I've never used one. So until I do...you win the debate. But the day I get one or play with one...I'm coming right back to this post to 'bitch'. :D

INF has historically had a problem with trajectories, optics and posts being 'a little to the left'. Is that a political statement Beppo? ;)

It took me about 10 months (with the help of my lover, UN17) to prove to you that the SOCOM's front post wasn't alligned, I don't doubt that it'll take as long for the G36. :lol: Other than the clipping and the red-dot, there's nothing wrong with it (that I've seen). If it feels like a slap to the face, I don't know what to tell you. We don't mean for it to be. Do you think we would've stuck around this long if we hated the game? :D I'm not saying 'it sucks, start over'. I'm just saying, 'could you make this tiny adjustment to make it 100% perfect, when you're not busy?'

It's all out of respect for the 'motto' of INF. Taking criticism is a hard thing to do. Especially when 10 people tell you the same thing. And I know how much it sucks to have worked on something for so long, to only have people criticize it the day you finish working on it. I have to deal with that daily and it drives me nuts. Most people don't care and just say things to be dicks (in the real world 'work' environment at least). However, I think the majority of us here just really want to see things improved and think we're doing the right thing by pointing things out.

the inf forumers are never happy

It's not that we're 'not happy'. I'd just call us 'fans' if anything. Not even 'rabid fans'. We just expect things to be perfect if they're going to be privately tested for so long, you know? It's a more controlled and organized environment, and is (apparently) more efficient because you don't have 100 people telling you the same thing, just 10. However, some people are too humble to see that anything is wrong, aside from the completely obvious things (like a missing animation or invisible weapon). Other people have an 'eye' for things like that and can spot something from a mile away. It varies. Personally, I think beta testing should be less politics, more 'attention nazis'. Either that, or maybe have controlled public betas. Like once a week deals, on top of the private testing...

And don't say, 'so why don't you stop talking so much **** and join the beta test team? Maybe then everything will be perfect! And if it's not, we'll yell at you!!!', because I tried. Twice. ;)

Have a happy.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
What Beppo said. Forget where the dot is located in relation to the circle.
Aim using the dot on your target. On the range, the sight is pretty aligned on its yaw trajectory (that is, right-left). It shoots a bit high at 100m, but that's because it's zeroed somewhere above 200m. There's nothing wrong with it.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Beppo said:
he guy is just not holding the weapon 100% centered...

Yes i am, i said i held my breath.

Beppo said:
Reason... this is an Aimpoint sight... means the red dot represents the spot you are aiming and firing at... and not the center of the optics.

I guess I do not need to explain an Aimpoint, do I? :p

I still don't understand why we would position the red dot over our target, and why it isn't the center of the optics. The P90 is aimpoint, and the white dot is in the center.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
First thing... I'm not native english, but what I said/wrote SHOULD be understandable by a 6 year old native english (if this six year old would know what an Aimpoint is) :p
... but I see that some misunderstood my comment fully it seems...
I said/wrote:
guys, what's your problem?... the guy is just not holding the weapon 100% centered... and? that's a problem? No

I guess I do not need to explain an Aimpoint, do I?

This means:
"the guy is just not holding the weapon 100% centered" = our codes do not align the red dot and the weapon perfectly

"and? that's a problem? No - Reason... this is an Aimpoint sight" = this is not a problem at all due to the way an Aimpoint works

"means the red dot represents the spot you are aiming and firing at... and not the center of the optics" = means exactly this... the red dot is the only thing to look at. It is both parts of your standard iron sights in one optical unit.

"I guess I do not need to explain an Aimpoint, do I?" = check out this here "3D Aimpoint" (click on the green arrow several times to lit up the red dot)

The P90 features an optical reflex sight, NOT an aimpoint...

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I'm afraid i still don't get it. If the red dot isn't in the middle, it means there is a parallax error, and the bullet path isn't predictable by any means other than a guess.

Other guns have lined up iron sights, and they bounce around when not holding your breath, why shouldn't this one be the same? Its difficult enough to use as it is... :p

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
hehe... the red dot is always pointing at the spot your weapon is actually aiming at.
means, if you hold your weapon not centered, the red dot STILL is the mark to aim with/for.

Maybe compare it to iron sights that would 'magically' move around with the weapon while you rotate it around, still pointing at the same spot as your muzzle does and clearly in your view all the time.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
The bullet is hits at the top of the dot, not the center. Be sure to aim acordingly untill someone fixes this.

Edit: Duke, get over yourself. He said he was comparing the weapons when they are aimed and breath is held.

Last edited: