PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Ondra's Statics

Ravu al Hemio
21st Sep 2004, 03:39 PM
Let me kick off a work in progress on my side, a compendium of static meshes for your track commonly referred to as Ondra's Statics. (Ondra is how I am called in the real world, if anybody asks.)

And the first sub-WIP is a lighthouse mesh. Nice for idyllic evening tracks at the seaside.

Attached is a production render in 3ds max. I know I will still have to spend a long time with the textures (and explore all of the functions of various image editors), but, as I said, 'production render'.

Smokin
22nd Sep 2004, 12:12 AM
If you want you can retexture my lighthouse.

jerdaygo
22nd Sep 2004, 12:28 AM
If you want you can retexture my lighthouse.
Hey Smokin, were ya been, welcome back :)

ProjectX
23rd Sep 2004, 12:06 PM
Can we make requests?

(WARNING: LONG LIST AHEAD!)

If so then:

Trees (low poly but not dual-sheets) - Steve's done some great work with all the low-poly trees, but after a while you realise you can't make more than ultra-realistic forests. I'd loe some low poly jungle trees, and rocks.

Buildings - We've already got some cool sky-scrapers and posh homes but not enough "run-down" look buildings. Something like a factory, burned down house, etc.

barriers/fences - Ultra's done a few but when you make a map, you're either gonna use a lot or none at all. As such when we use barriers we keep getting a repetitive over-use of the same old barriers (like in my city-based rally track I'm making). So some wooden fences (1 set that looks temporary, 1 set tha looks permanent) Some "water tanks" (i.e. those plastic containers of water that sop the cars from hitting things) and some concrete dividers andpillars would be cool.

Ravu al Hemio
23rd Sep 2004, 03:20 PM
Can we make requests?
Yes.

(WARNING: LONG LIST AHEAD!)
Long? Source codes of just about anything are a lot longer :P

barriers/fences [...] So some wooden fences (1 set that looks temporary, 1 set tha looks permanent).
Work In Progress now; seems very simple.

Smokin
24th Sep 2004, 12:09 AM
I can make some good detailed models for you the only problem i have is lack of good textures, So if anyone want to texture my models properly i can try and make a few.

For the trees what do you mean by dual sheets( double sided textures?).

Smokin
24th Sep 2004, 01:23 AM
Two barrier types that i have quickly made up!

ProjectX
24th Sep 2004, 02:25 AM
I can make some good detailed models for you the only problem i have is lack of good textures, So if anyone want to texture my models properly i can try and make a few.

For the trees what do you mean by dual sheets( double sided textures?).

If you were here in the days of Unreal Ed 2 yo'll know the only decent way of doing a fir was to have two sheets showing a flame texture, cut through each other. This is the technique ultra uses on his trees (as seen in urban circuit and colorado) but I know theengine can take a littlemore than that so mostly I use steve's trees (they're at a max of 200 polys and look more like the trees in UT2004)

Sadly I can't texture anything, but the models look ace :2thumb:

Smokin
24th Sep 2004, 03:42 AM
ok cool i know what you mean and i use around 400 polys for my trees. For me to make more i need textures to the tree like branch textures.

Smokin
24th Sep 2004, 08:49 AM
I have made a shopfront mesh, 3 shopfronts joined together with added 3d detail. 208polys(Not finished product)

The second pic is of the map i am making.

ProjectX
24th Sep 2004, 12:19 PM
I have made a shopfront mesh, 3 shopfronts joined together with added 3d detail. 208polys(Not finished product)

The second pic is of the map i am making.

I gotta handit to you mate, both those screens are awesome.

I'll upload some screens of my city-based rally map in a minute or two

Smokin
24th Sep 2004, 08:43 PM
Another pic of the shopfront which is more or less finished and a pic of the Farmers Guest House.

Smokin
25th Sep 2004, 01:57 AM
A few more pics.

ProjectX
25th Sep 2004, 03:36 AM
A few more pics.

do you ever sleep?

You must be like shrimp when he was coding AI. Lots of coffe beans at the ready! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though they are really cool, keep up the amazing work!.

Smokin
25th Sep 2004, 06:13 AM
Dose anyone have a Blueish glass texture. A seethrough slightly blue/teal glass texture, for the front of my building.

ProjectX
25th Sep 2004, 06:43 AM
Dose anyone have a Blueish glass texture. A seethrough slightly blue/teal glass texture, for the front of my building.

should be something like that in UWSM02.utx (if not try all the UWSM texture packages there is one in there, I'm sure of it)

stevenhorton
25th Sep 2004, 10:23 AM
I have hundreds of building photos; some ready for use, most need some editing. Give me an idea of the building type, and I will link to the ones I have that match best. Smokin, nice to see you in here again, even nicer to see your building work:) ProjectX, look in UnWheelTrackSpecialty, there are some barriers in that package.

ProjectX
25th Sep 2004, 11:19 AM
I have hundreds of building photos; some ready for use, most need some editing. Give me an idea of the building type, and I will link to the ones I have that match best. Smokin, nice to see you in here again, even nicer to see your building work:) ProjectX, look in UnWheelTrackSpecialty, there are some barriers in that package.

I've used them as well, they're really useful cos they're in te shape of most the track pieces, but I stll need something new.

Smokin
27th Sep 2004, 01:18 AM
Here is five shop fronts creating a street scene in game.

Smokin
27th Sep 2004, 03:28 AM
Another texture 3Dstamped. Stevenhorton if you want i can add 3d to the textures you have as i only have a limited supply of them.