Anyone want a gmail invite?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I've got a total of 12 invites to give out at the moment, so if you want one, PM me or reply here with your email.

That is all.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Minor question. How do you get so many? I have an account but only recieved one and gave to a friend. Just curious. To be honest I am not that active using it.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if it is based on activity. Think I'll tried emailing myself back and forth between various accounts and see.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
It's totally random. I have two accounts, one that I use daily and one that I haven't used once. Both received 6 invites a few days ago.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Taque said:
So dare I ask where Google is getting all the gigabytes to supply 80 trillion accounts with enough space?
Well you have to take some things into consideration:
Not everyone who has a gig of free space will use it fully
Data compression can do wonders (excluding attachments)
Also: ( ;) )
They just have to monitor security newsletters and script-hack their way into other peoples servers to use their space plus they need lots of space for the search engine anyway so they just order thousands of cheap IDE drives to build huge RAIDs and get a huge volume discount.

Personaly I don't need a Gmail account. I already have a gig of mail space that I don't use from a freemailer that doesn't have beta status. :D Plus I'm one of those crazy guys who wave a *violation of privacy* sign. :p