PDA

View Full Version : Car requests:

ProjectX
19th Sep 2004, 02:50 AM
Something for the modelers to do, my vehicle requests:

1. Bus, with "American Style" school bus skin and "British Classic" Red Bus skin

2. Ice-cream truck! With a custom horn! Yay!

3. The old mini! With the horn playing a sort of horned version of "the self preservation society" from the Italian Job (Teh 0riginal)

JACK SH!T
20th Sep 2004, 04:49 PM
Some motorcycles would be great. Heck, even a motorcycle game class that includes road race, dirt track, super-x (would be like "Big Air"), and induro. You could have rice-rockets, touring bikes, choppers, dirt bikes, scooters :lol: , etc, etc......

* Thinking about it, a Drag Race mod might be fun. Ofcourse it would have to be 1 vs. 1 and the looser goes to the back of the wait list. Fast cars would make for fast pased races and minimize the wait time, and you'd spectate while you wait to race.
It would be great if you/someone could get the wipe-outs, shifting, exploding cars and parashute deployment right. *

ProjectX
21st Sep 2004, 01:03 AM
I think motorbikes have been discussed before...

)>-SARS
21st Sep 2004, 04:02 PM
some more car for ya
1. Toyota Supra
2.Porche
3. Snow plow (for K-ball)
4. Offroad Beetle

QuickBeam
24th Sep 2004, 06:22 PM
Of course the 69' Charger from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry(peter fonda flick),u might know it more as the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.

Heck, any pure musclecars would be nice from a 67' GTO to a 71' Cuda...whatever!

I like the Siren that u guys did...looks like half mustang(rear) and corvette(front) but definately the MUSCLE look im talkin' about...

BTW...these general muscle cars should have ridiculous speed and accceleration to point of silliness but an equally silly lack of handling and manueverability.

jerdaygo
24th Sep 2004, 06:48 PM
Of course the 69' Charger from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry(peter fonda flick),u might know it more as the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.

Heck, any pure musclecars would be nice from a 67' GTO to a 71' Cuda...whatever!

I like the Siren that u guys did...looks like half mustang(rear) and corvette(front) but definately the MUSCLE look im talkin' about...

BTW...these general muscle cars should have ridiculous speed and accceleration to point of silliness but an equally silly lack of handling and manueverability.

Take note of TDAs latest (WIP) sexy car :D
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=144203

QuickBeam
24th Sep 2004, 09:20 PM
Now thats what im talkin' about....Man u guys kik ass!

That looks like the White Challenger in VANISHING POINT(killerspeedflick)
(cough) well muscle cars are CHECKED off my list ....ty ;)

ENDLINE__________________________________________________________

R Sark
25th Sep 2004, 09:53 AM
Something for the modelers to do, my vehicle requests:

1. Bus, with "American Style" school bus skin and "British Classic" Red Bus skin

2. Ice-cream truck! With a custom horn! Yay!

3. The old mini! With the horn playing a sort of horned version of "the self preservation society" from the Italian Job (Teh 0riginal)

how bout...

Maclaren F1.....
Ferrari F50
Ford GT40....old 1960s type or new type

Ravu al Hemio
25th Sep 2004, 10:25 AM
The old mini! With the horn playing a sort of horned version of "the self preservation society" from the Italian Job (Teh 0riginal)

You mean something like this?
|
v

QuickBeam
25th Sep 2004, 03:36 PM
yes Sark...good call....the GT40 kicked all the Europeans in the 60's ....awesome car...Ford stood tall!

JACK SH!T
26th Sep 2004, 11:11 PM

I thought it was a Cobra (http://www.genesisautosales.com/Racing_%20Art/Cma_055_1964_the-gurney-bondurant-shelby-cobra.jpg)...
another (http://www.newportshelbycobras.com/Tustin99.jpg)
again (http://automoto2.free.fr/FORD/PHford/F101.jpg)
last but not least (http://www.thecarsource.com/shelby/cobra/daytona/daytona_coupe.html)
Just what I thought...

QuickBeam
27th Sep 2004, 07:27 AM
Hmm...could be a cobra. ITs just that front end looks so 79'vette :) ,ya feel me?
OK...im too lazy to check whoortant but is the siren an original,and amalgm of two or three cars or just a cool lookin car u started shapin'...and it just turned out makin me think its something its not....

THIS IS NOT AN IMPORTANT thread!

Just my 2...4....6 cents :D

QuickBeam
27th Sep 2004, 07:29 AM
WHOORTANT!....meant to say just 'who made it'.....d0h!!!!!

stevenhorton
27th Sep 2004, 02:40 PM
I made the Siren and Typhoon, both mostly original. The tail lights are so obviously mid sixty's Mustang, and the front is a remake of the late 90's front end, loolsely translated:D

QuickBeam
27th Sep 2004, 05:23 PM
You da MAN' steve...nice combo car

Shrimp
2nd Oct 2004, 02:36 AM
Anyone interested in mapping and skinning this mini I made a while ago?

The first image is my model, second a perspective reference, and third attachment is the model in 3DS format...

ProjectX
2nd Oct 2004, 04:09 AM

The first image is my model, second a perspective reference, and third attachment is the model in 3DS format...

Yeah someone do the Union-Jack-roofed skin! (Teh Union Jack is the British Flag)

BTW how many polys is that thing?

Shrimp
2nd Oct 2004, 04:19 AM
2263, wheels included... ;)

ProjectX
2nd Oct 2004, 04:41 AM
WTF!!!! Serious? It looks, I dunno at least 5000. I guess you can spend some extras on uber-detail then. :D

patriot_
2nd Oct 2004, 11:06 AM

Nice model shrimpy, though I dont think I am very good at it so I'll leave it for someone else :P

edit; checked the model out in 3dsmax, its not bad, though youve made some major modelling sins :/ it looks like it was a highres/poly model from the start and its just been multiressed/optimized down? is this correct? not I good idea :/ nothing too bad though. Thought I suggest someone fixes some stuff before its UV mapped.

Smokin
2nd Oct 2004, 11:46 PM
A test to my modeling skills can you guess what the car is going to be?

Kantham
2nd Oct 2004, 11:48 PM
NICE CAR

I LOVE THE jaguar XJ 220!

Smokin
2nd Oct 2004, 11:50 PM
Its not the Jaguar XJ 220.

Ravu al Hemio
3rd Oct 2004, 12:03 AM
A test to my modeling skills can you guess what the car is going to be?
Hmmm... a car? :D

Kantham
3rd Oct 2004, 01:30 AM
toyota supra
lotus elise ,
aston martin ???

Smokin
3rd Oct 2004, 01:46 AM
This one should help you guess the maker, take the colour into count.

Ravu al Hemio
3rd Oct 2004, 01:49 AM
Some kinda Ferrari? Or a Porsche? I'm not a car freak...

Smokin
3rd Oct 2004, 01:51 AM
Ferrari 360 Modena
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~anchsa/modenapics.htm

Shrimp
3rd Oct 2004, 03:50 AM
edit; checked the model out in 3dsmax, its not bad, though youve made some major modelling sins :/ it looks like it was a highres/poly model from the start and its just been multiressed/optimized down? is this correct? not I good idea :/ nothing too bad though. Thought I suggest someone fixes some stuff before its UV mapped.

No, didn't lower the poly count... That's how I made it... My first car model ever :P. The most detailed models I made before this were a can of beans and a chilli for a UT mod :D.

I made it in ZModeler - the same application SuperMotoXL uses...

ProjectX
3rd Oct 2004, 04:38 AM
No, didn't lower the poly count... That's how I made it... My first car model ever :P. The most detailed models I made before this were a can of beans and a chilli for a UT mod :D.

The front looks a tadlow poly, any chance of smoothing thos curves a little with a few of those 3000 odd polys you've got spare (what's the average polycount for an UnWheel Vehicle anyway?)

Smokin
3rd Oct 2004, 04:57 AM
Yeah I would like to know what is a good poly count for a unwheeled vehicle.
Mine is at 2000 polys and i would like to know what the max poly count you have for your cars.

ProjectX
3rd Oct 2004, 05:23 AM
Yeah I would like to know what is a good poly count for a unwheeled vehicle.
Mine is at 2000 polys and i would like to know what the max poly count you have for your cars.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the highest we've gone is about 13,000 polys.

Smokin
3rd Oct 2004, 07:14 AM
This has just hit 2500 will most likly be around 3000 to 4000 polys.

ProjectX
3rd Oct 2004, 07:30 AM
This has just hit 2500 will most likly be around 3000 to 4000 polys.

Don't forget that model polycount (due to SVehicle animation system) now includes the polys for wheels.

Smokin
3rd Oct 2004, 07:34 AM
yeah thats whay i thought a 6000 poly vehicle would be good.

)>-SARS
3rd Oct 2004, 08:58 AM
cant wait for that 360, it ruled in NFS:Hot Puirsuit 2

stevenhorton
3rd Oct 2004, 09:13 AM
Wow, that looks good Smokin:D Your wheels, if nicely done, will add around 1600 ploys, interior another 1000 or so, fender wells and bottom some more; no problem getting under 6000.

Kantham
3rd Oct 2004, 05:30 PM
Ferrari 360 Modena
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~anchsa/modenapics.htm

lol i was so close :rolleyes:

Smokin
4th Oct 2004, 12:37 AM
I have just hit 3300 polys and i am now onto the base and windows.

Smokin
4th Oct 2004, 05:07 AM
A rough final model but i think i will redo the wheels.

patriot_
4th Oct 2004, 06:58 AM

Oh I see. Afew things you (or someone else) should do is just fix smothing groups, regulery, these things wouldnt matter but since we are working on dx lighting with per vertex lighting they do. I gotta run so I cant explain atm but I could over msn some time later today or tomorrow. Here are some minor faults. Hope it helps..

patriot_
4th Oct 2004, 07:05 AM
here is another one, alittle bigger error :/

And btw if you dont find anyone else and cant do this yourself Im sure I could..

)>-SARS
5th Oct 2004, 08:27 AM
nice!! 360's rule!!!

The_Devils_Avarcardo
5th Oct 2004, 12:48 PM
To Shrimp: As patriot said, you should really work on fixing the smoothing groups. Once you've fixed them, then that model you have there will be pretty damn sweet! :)