PDA

View Full Version : Upload limit?

XepptizZ
18th Sep 2004, 05:09 PM
Hey yall,

I wanted to post a map in the play-testing sub-forum, unfortunatly the file was to big, but isn't it just nonsense for that specific sub-forum to have a upload limit?
How can ya get good feedback if they can't download the real thing? You could offcourse put it on NC, but first you'd like to get some feedback for the finishing touch. And round and round we go.

Nahand
18th Sep 2004, 05:13 PM
... true. But i don't know if that is a block from admn POV, or if it's a Bulletin pre-defined thing. MassChaos?...

Hourences
18th Sep 2004, 06:13 PM
Both
and BU handles that stuff so we can't do a lot about it
Dont you have a personal website/space ?

XepptizZ
18th Sep 2004, 06:33 PM
I wish, maybe in the futur though.

MassChAoS
18th Sep 2004, 07:58 PM
what is the zipped file size?

Ntwarr
18th Sep 2004, 08:11 PM
so whats this upload limit 5mb? casue i want people to test my new map (more info visit my website) Alex mountian base here it will have like 5 cud=stom songs with it and some others like 10 songs total

Nahand
18th Sep 2004, 08:13 PM
... what you are saying is... incredible?...

XepptizZ
18th Sep 2004, 08:29 PM
what is the zipped file size?

Zipped my map is still 3.46 mb, without the song it's 3.16 and the additionel TXT package is a neccesity. It has quite some additionel content in mylevel also.

Nahand
19th Sep 2004, 06:33 AM
.. isn't 5Mb the limit?...

XepptizZ
19th Sep 2004, 06:36 AM
It said to me the limit was 496 KB. Or something like it.

XepptizZ
19th Sep 2004, 06:52 AM
Made a pic of it, see attachment. And when ya want to play-test 2k3 or 2k4 maps it's hardly possible, because those maps hit the 1 MB pretty fast.

Nahand
19th Sep 2004, 10:23 AM
... nevertheless it's a funny limit o_0. I wonder...

MassChAoS
19th Sep 2004, 11:31 AM
Limit for this filetype is 488.3 KB

Xep, email me your map.

XepptizZ
19th Sep 2004, 01:31 PM
Never mind it, I've got a free hotmail account, cuz I don't mail a lot or anything so I'm once again limited by an upload limit (the irony).

I'll just finish the map and see how the public accepts it, or I could place it at unrealplayground and place a link here.

I don't really know if all this is neccesary considering getting feedback is quite unlikely nowerdays.

Balton
19th Sep 2004, 02:11 PM
Never mind it, I've got a free hotmail account, cuz I don't mail a lot or anything so I'm once again limited by an upload limit (the irony).

I'll just finish the map and see how the public accepts it, or I could place it at unrealplayground and place a link here.

I don't really know if all this is neccesary considering getting feedback is quite unlikely nowerdays.

just do it, maybe you're lucky.

Ntwarr
19th Sep 2004, 10:26 PM
Whoa first i'm now like 75 percent bluiding this map (alex mountian base) and i'm about to test it once i have it finished it might be up next next but to e-mail you are you going to play test this map??? (NO SCREENSHOTS YET) note once i get this map finished (the building part of it should be funny) note there one new thing per level
steven (the bridge)
Keson (Music room)
and alex (both but A lever for that bridge hehehe so it falls into the blackness of below good luck on this one)
I will give the warning that i posted screenshots on my forum

oh yeah what was xep? that i will have like 10 or more songs into one map??? well i all triggers that help but i don't know where to place this Music room in alex and how do you get people to cross this moving bridge? i made fall and to you guys hating to hit your face into my doors this time triggers will be used aghh my hands are getting tired ...

Bot_40
22nd Sep 2004, 08:38 AM
People don't really want to download an extra 8Mb of file just to get a music room...

Ntwarr
26th Sep 2004, 06:45 PM
WHAT! thats it not posting it anymore thanks alot bot40

Zlal
26th Sep 2004, 07:21 PM
omg botforty you are lame. let the guy work and do what he wants!

Ntwarr
26th Sep 2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks what happen to being nice people in the fact that the music room was a great idea in the first place sure that music files are not that big in total unless you have 20 songs... new deadline 2 weeks from now (pictures uploaded to my forum) i was going to get an Arcade for it but i can't figure these darn .php files
EX. waht does this mean?Next Chmod the /arcade/ directory and all its subfolders to 0777 and Next run the installer.php from the root directory to install all of the required databases and last Now it's time to edit some files. time do what? please can't they make it easier a bit.... i'm confused I'll Be Back