Half-Life 2 *done*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beowolf

hail to the king
Feb 2, 2003
barracksnetwork.com
I haven't seen a thread about this, or maybe i'm just dumb.

Half-Life 2 developers have confirmed that the RC (release candidate) has been sent to Vivendi Games for approval.

HL 2 is finally getting closer to shelves.

at Gamespot.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
They can still find bugs in the game and send it back to the developers, it's not "done" yet.
Moreover, I trust Valve to delay the game some more. And I'm sure it won't be released everywhere at the same time :rolleyes:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I want to know if it will be released over steam first and then retail stores later when it goes gold.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
he moment the official release is announced Steam users should be able to purchase a key to unlock a preloaded copy. I have it preloaded, and fully expect to have it one minute after launch is announced. No waiting for it to be in stores for me.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
nope sorry, Steam users have to wait for the official in store release before they can get their copy, check penny-arcade, or the official forums to see how upset steam users are over this.

If you were fortunate enough to get a radeon x800xt, then you should have a coupon for a pre-release mailing, so I should be getting mine about one to two days before it officially hits the shelves (though I doubt that would happen)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
ZenPirate said:
he moment the official release is announced Steam users should be able to purchase a key to unlock a preloaded copy. I have it preloaded, and fully expect to have it one minute after launch is announced. No waiting for it to be in stores for me.

:stupid:

Now let's hope my system can handle it competently.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I really dont like the idea of my copy of half-life 2 being tied to my steam account and that being the only way I can get it anyways. I will still use my ATI coupon, but i'm also going to buy a physical DVD version of the game too.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
What I'm hoping is that Steam users will get HL2 a bit cheaper, as we don't have manuals, boxes, and media included. Won't HL2 be tied to Steam no matter how you buy it?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
No I meant that I dont want the one and only means of getting my copy of half-life 2 to be from my steam account. Atleast I get the steam version for free, so buying the DVD copy won't be such a big deal. Valve will just get some extra money from me, even if they do suck a load of ghey ass, Half-life 2 will be worth it.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
ZenPirate said:
What I'm hoping is that Steam users will get HL2 a bit cheaper, as we don't have manuals, boxes, and media included. Won't HL2 be tied to Steam no matter how you buy it?
That's the other way around. You'll be able to substribe to Steam for ~$10 per month to be "allowed" to download crappy mods you could have for free before.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
MegaManInferno said:
If its not any cheaper then I will be going to the store to buy it.

exactly, they are going to have to give incentives to make the half-life 2 steam download worth it. But I have the feeling that Valve is stupid, and wont do this.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I haven't had time to play doom3 much since I got back to college, so I won't be getting HL2 until I finish it (could be a long time) :lol:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
It won't be cheaper and it won't be available on steam any time ahead of the official [in store] release. No publisher would ever agree to distribute a game without these condition. For this same reason, you can expect a simultaneous worldwide release (well, that and I'm almost sure Valve said they would do one).

And the 10$/month thing gives you every "steam game" available [from Valve anyway] for one price but only for a month.