Kantham
17th Sep 2004, 12:18 AM
watch what i get whit this meshe to draw scale 3.0

unrealarmos
22nd Sep 2004, 05:58 PM
I don't get it...

flo0tz
22nd Sep 2004, 09:49 PM
yeah, you need to be more specific, that picture really doesn't explain anything

T2A`
22nd Sep 2004, 10:55 PM
Are those movers? If so, under Display set bStaticLighting to true.

Kantham
24th Sep 2004, 02:20 AM
ok . i have a zone light set to 20 , and somme light from the windows , no its no a mover

did u know somme special light effect like LE_nonincidence ?

T2A`
24th Sep 2004, 09:06 AM
What does it look like without the zone lighting?

W0RF
24th Sep 2004, 09:10 AM
1). The zone lighting shouldn't affect it very much if it's only 20.

2). Have you tried rebuilding your lighting after scaling? The editor has a habit of making things ultrabright if you do things that screw around with the lighting, then make it more "normal" after a rebuild.

3). If your problem persists, and adjusting your lighting doesn't help (or looks crappier after you try to adjust it), open up the properites on your offending Static Mesh and set the ScaleGlow setting to a fraction of 1. Something like .65 might work. This causes the static mesh to be affected only by a percentage of the amount of light, and is a necessary workaround sometimes, since smeshes light separate from BSP.

Kantham
24th Sep 2004, 02:32 PM
3). If your problem persists, and adjusting your lighting doesn't help (or looks crappier after you try to adjust it), open up the properites on your offending Static Mesh and set the ScaleGlow setting to a fraction of 1. Something like .65 might work. This causes the static mesh to be affected only by a percentage of the amount of light, and is a necessary workaround sometimes, since smeshes light separate from BSP.

Worked! thx :D

W0RF
24th Sep 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

Since static meshes have textures and even lightmaps "baked on", sometimes adding a lot or even a little light can wash out the texture on the static mesh :tdown:

Kantham
24th Sep 2004, 04:22 PM
I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

Since static meshes have textures and even lightmaps "baked on", sometimes adding a lot or even a little light can wash out the texture on the static mesh :tdown:

exacly what appen to me

Kantham
20th Oct 2004, 03:29 PM
yes i forgoten to tell you guys this map is relleased

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7822

W0RF
20th Oct 2004, 03:49 PM
\o/

Kantham
20th Oct 2004, 03:54 PM
glad you like it :)

T2A`
20th Oct 2004, 05:22 PM
Not bad, but a few points I think are worth mentioning.

1) The collision needs to be taken off the hanging plants. You can't climb them, so they serve no real purpose other than getting in your way when you're trying to dodge around. Sure, they block incoming fire too, but when do leafy plants stop rockets?

2) You really need to be able to do a double jump up onto the slightly raised platforms. The max a player can double jump is 128 UU, so make the platforms that tall. Not being able to do this puts the FC at a disadvantage.

3) I think the flag should be more out in the middle of the room. Stashing the flag away in the back cubby hole just seems too prone to getting spammed like crazy whenever someone nears it. Plus, I couldn't even find it at first. :lol:

4) Too much health.

It looks pretty good and plays okay, so this would probably get about a 6 at Insite. Was there any inspiration for calling it Vector or was that just a random name?

Kantham
20th Oct 2004, 06:01 PM
Was there any inspiration for calling it Vector or was that just a random name?

Vector , Slax ,

what i would be inspirated by?

Vector = The cereals
Slax= ??????