PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Volumes and Runtime

bradtron
16th Sep 2004, 09:26 PM
Hi all, I've been trying for the life of me to get ladder volumes to function properly in the Runtime version of UnrealEngine2 but as far as I have found they do not work. I have built a ladder volume in UT2K4 and it works then I followed exactly the same steps in Runtime and it doesn't work. I even tried copying the ladder actor from UT2K4 to Runtime just to see what happens, still doesn't work.

Does anyone know of this same problem or is it documented somewhere with a workaround that I haven't been able to find yet? Or have I found a bug that needs to be fixed?

If someone does know of a way to get the ladderVolume to work in Runtime can you please post it here?

Thanks! :)

Kantham
6th Oct 2004, 11:14 PM
i can't relly tell you this , i don't even know if a ladder volume exist for engine 2.0

and never try to copy brush /textures or any thing in engine 2.0 to seend them to 3.0 , don't worth a try!

cyotic
1st Aug 2005, 11:12 PM
UE2Runtime ladders work. Just create a ladder volume. Make sure the volume encompasses the player entirely. You'll also need to make a custom Pawn and make sure the default properties include:

bCanClimbLadders=true

Thats it. Hope this helps

Kantham
2nd Aug 2005, 01:45 AM
Quite a bump heh?