Hot Wheels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Just curious if any of you guys collect them or know someone who does.

I'm curious because I stumbled on a large collection that blows my mind. I'm going to sell the entire lot. It's easy for me because I have no attatchments to it at all. (other than it being really neat) 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004 cars. Pluse a few off brand sets.

Stay tuned for pics..... It may take a week or so to take them.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Ed Roth

I'd like to get hold of some of the old Ed Roth vehicles. Beatnik Bandit, Red Baron etc. Used to have them in Hot Wheels and Revell plastics when I was a kid. Now the Hot Wheels versions, at least the originals, are real collectible. I regret not keeping them now....

Obviously I never grew up.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
that's why I'm keeping my star wars action figures[tm] ;)
though, they are extremely used and prolly not worth much in their current condition.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Cat Fuzz said:
Are they still in the packages?

Yes, they are still in the packages and the cards are in mint condition. Just a little dust on them from being in storage for over a year.

After I posted last night I found 2 more boxes filled with boxed cars, and a stack of 6 car sets still in the box. Saw some cars I had never seen before. Anyone ever heard of "johnny lightning" ? Those cars seem to be a good 10-20 years old and still in the box.

After spending 4 1/2 hours last night grading half of the cars I estimate that the collection is worth $700-$900, and thats rounding down. Of course You guys have first crack at it before I post it on ebay. I can't expect to get the full worth of the collection when selling it.

Quite a bit of rare ones in here. Some are not painted, some dont have decals, some are cars put in the wrong box. (Street racing car put in a box that says it's a Sand buggy).

I'll post some pics when i get a hold of a camera.

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
The term "mint" comes from where they make coins for currency. It's called a mint. A coin that comes right out of the mint is very shiny and in near perfect condition so its refered to as being in mint condition. This term has been carried over into countless other areas to describe the condition of a thing. Something that is in mint condition is considered to be near perfect.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I took some shots today. They are in fact crappy and very grainy but they give a good idea of half of the collection.

The first image is an over all of the display case cars. included are first editions of 2004 and 2003 including treasure hunts and many rares.

2nd image is a box of 1999 cars that I havent gone through yet. Just one of the several boxes I haven't sorted through.

3rd image has the first few 2004 first edition cars. Notice the batmobile rare cars and a few others that are zalmac.

4rth image shows more 2004's and some rares in the mix

5th image shows a bunch of rare 2003 treasure hunt cars totaling $100 in value just in that image.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
This last image shows a few rare cars.

Notice that all of these cars have the same numbers, however they have been mislabled. 2 out of 3 cars here are in error, thus being rare.
I do not know the value of them as of yet.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 12