URGANT!!!!!!! Help with multiplayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Declan

Sep 14, 2004
i cant have multiplayer games on UT goty it says the master server could not be resolved; master0.gamespy.net

if any 1 could help me i would be very greatfull

thanx

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi and welcome to BuF Declan. If you can post on this forum that means you have Internet access, obviously :p . What the message means is that UT can't find the master server as you probably guessed. This could be due to a software or hardware firewall so I invite you to to find out if you have a firewall program installed or if you have what is called a router-modem.

Also, you can carry out a little test to see if UT can actually access an online game. To do this, go in the multiplayer menu and type in turok.34sp.com. If UT is able to find the server, a window will pop up asking a password. Enter smileyowns. If you are succesful with this then it means that the only problem that you have is that UT is unable to contact the master server and everything else works fine.

P.S: It's spelt "urgent" ;) .

Declan

Sep 14, 2004
and wot if it says connection failed

my modem is a bt voyager 105 would that work

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... can you connect with other games? If so, then it's strictly a UT problem (somehow)...

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
I had that once too, like Fearless said you could try to turn of any firewall, and specially software firewalls like Zonealarm or Northon Firewall.

If you dont know how to turn of the firewall from your router, check the manual. (mostly its a program or something to turn it off)

If you dont have a manual, or just dont know how to turn it off, you can try if you can connect directly with the modem.

Make sure youve disabeld any software firewalls (if you have any) by rightclicking on the icons and exit them.
If its possible and your UTP cable has enough length, try to input your cable directly to the modem, and try it again.

If you dont understand this, please ask first. :tup:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Declan said:
and wot if it says connection failed

That means that outgoing requests are getting blocked by something. Either you have to change rules in a software firewall or configure your router-modem (if you have one) so that UT can have access to the Internet.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
yes, I think its 76% chance that its your software firewall.
If you dont know if you have one, take a look at your taskbar.
See the screenshot to see the area where it should be.

<edit>
btw, welcome to BUF :)

Attachments

• taskbar.jpg
    taskbar.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
You do not need to turn off your firewall, especially with all those script kiddies toying around with the hacking programs they just downloaded .

Just configure your firewall to give permissions to UnrealTournament.exe (that is located in .:\UnrealTournament\System\ by default)and you should have no more problem to connect to a server.