DM-HelmzDeep Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Mapping wiz Angelheart has released his newest creation, DM-HelmzDeep.

Description: My Favourite section of all the Ring movies, Helms Deep

Comments: Some light relief from to many heavy detail maps. Now I can face the Village again.
You can download the map here.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
This is absolutely bad-ass. It looks great, it sounds great (oh, the sounds!), the weather effects are awesome, and it would make a killer CTF map. hint hint :) Moreso than a DM map because the flow is a little stilted for DM, but with the xlocs... great for CTF, or even BR.

Nice, nice, nice!

Oh, and it runs really well too!

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
very impressive... and unlike a lot of Angelheart maps it actually seems to have decent flow and fairly good item placement.... and his use of Dynamic Weather to add in the rain just really adds to the mood.
unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few collision/BSP/whatever type blockages, like above the breech in the wall, the entire walkway above the breech is blocked off by some invisible stuff... and the collision on some of the rocks out beyond the wall seems to be a bit oversized and blocking... and a few benches in alcoves above the wall.
I really like this map, but I really hope Angelheart takes the time to fix these collision issues.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Agreed....

hal said:
This is absolutely bad-ass. It looks great, it sounds great (oh, the sounds!), the weather effects are awesome, and it would make a killer CTF map. hint hint :) Moreso than a DM map because the flow is a little stilted for DM, but with the xlocs... great for CTF, or even BR.

Nice, nice, nice!

Oh, and it runs really well too!
It's all been said. Thanks (again) AH..........

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
You should consider making it a CTF map like the others said, i think this base structure could be really neat for that gametype!