AWB over ... what should I get?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which "evil" feature?

• CAR stock

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • MagPul

• ACE M4SOCOM

• Screw it ... go for the Beta C Mag!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Since the AWB dies in a little over 12 hours, which "evil" stock should I get for my 16" AR-15?

Standard CAR colapsable stock
6Pos_Stock.jpg

MagPul colapsable stock
m93a5.jpg

ACE M4 SOCOM stock
M4SOCOM.jpg

screw the stock and go for the Beta C mag (a friend of mine is trying to get me to get in on a group buy ... it would be about $250)
mhm901.jpg

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The Magpul has the most sexy CNC'ing on it.

That's always been my criterion for buying bike parts.

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
Buy your kid a college textbook, or something :p

don't/can't/won't have a kid and I put myself through college on my own, so I'll just buy toys for myself instead :D

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
... "Can't"?

Umm....we don't talk about that anymore... :(

Yay, AWB is over! If only John Kerry wasn't such a douchebag (set on bringing it back if he gets elected).

Yes, boy...being able to buy these stocks sure has made America a bigger and easier target for "terror"...

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I have absolutly no idea what i'm talking about, but the Magpul looks like a toy about to break.

My instict for high-stress mechanical system (i guess firearms can be put into this category), from an ingineering point of view, would point to the simplest and more robust system.

Since I really don't know any of those I can't really give any suggestions, but from what is see in those images, the ACE M4 socom one would be the best choice.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
... "Can't"?
Wife and I been to the doctors ... not going to happen without serious medical assistance (and we don't want to risk quintuplets or worse).

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Well if its a semi auto, I'd say the magpul looks sexy as hell, but if by chance you for some reason have a full-auto version, c-mag.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Anything other than the standard is a toy made to impress CS kiddies and anime people.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
jaunty said:
Anything other than the standard is a toy made to impress CS kiddies and anime people.
Not true.

The MagPul and the ACE (especially the ACE) are actually more comfortable to shoot ... the advantages to the CAR stock is that 1. I can buy two CAR stocks for what one of either of the others cost and 2. MilSpec looks kinda cool :)

A friend of mine has his rifle tricked out with the MagPul stock and its a real nice unit.

Honestly, however, I'm leaning toward the ACE.

I wonder how easy it would be to change the recoil system to something like the Olympic Arms OA93 short bolt system and go with an ACE side folder

RA29%20%20(ARRB_M4)_med.jpg

Lt.

Elitist bastard
Aug 11, 2004
in urban Michigan(mostly)
im going to have to vote against the ACE *and* the beta-c,

go for the standard stock, you dont see any Force Recon guys with those goofy ACE things, etc. and for a semiautomatic rifle the beta-c is just impractical.