Team Killing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

master_brent911

Sep 9, 2004
I played XMP extensively and I only had to deal with TKing a fraction of the time, and the boot feature helped to eliminate most problems. My one concern, however minor, was people using the revive function to keep killing you over and over again. Usually you could just click to respawn before they revived you again, but sometimes you basically got stuck with some jerkoff guy with a flamethrower who keeps clicking revive and kills you 10 times. And it was too fast for you to click respawn so you were basically sol till he ran out of flamethrower. I guess one thing I'd like to see in UTXMP is something as basic as if you TK more than a 4 times in a minute then you get booted or something along those lines. Any better ideas?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i agree... irc logging is a key way to help support this... xmp has a irc logger, but i feel it needs a little improvement, but it is a good start :)

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
But But, if you take that out what we do when we're warming up for a match.. It's =vÐ= tradition.... :p

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i think that will still exist, and anyways, from what i know, in nb, there is no tking in practice matches, unless you call the enemy shooting a mine near the node a tk that kills an arti runner.

Dragster

Feb 9, 2004
why not have something like unreal admin .. TK four or more times and get your weapons chucked every time you TK after that in a match (exclude deployables)

so they get 4 chances after that every time they TK they get all weapons chucked.

im Dragona btw ive been watching these forums for a while now ^_^

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
All the splash weapons in the game make TKs a bit too easy to set some kind of magical upper limit (gas nades, mines, etc). Doing something like that may end up backfiring on well-intentioned people who have poor aim or who do scorched earth to desparately prevent that last art capture.

Hopefully kickvote will still be in place.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
You know, they can't revive infinitely. It takes some of your boost to revive someone, so after 5-6 TK's they usually can't instantaneously revive you and you have time to redeploy again. It's not a big deal. Use a different deploy. You can see people's names on your screen that are on your team, from a distance. Stay away from that person. Amazing this discussion has to keep going on when avoiding getting TK'd is probably the single most easy thing to do in the game :/

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Out of interest, is there a console command to kick and/or ban? Just in case the master server goes down and you cant get a hold of the players from the server menu.
Incidentally, did you know the master's up at the moment?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
yes, there is dutch-geclo, but the problem is name colors, and you need to go to the server select menu on u2xmp to boot them, or even attempt a votekick... it is all about patience, but i do know that, from personal experience, i have become a target of a tker in order to help the server admin kick ban them.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
They got rid of colored names in a patch, some servers still have it and you can play on those servers without a version mismatch if you have the latest patch and the server doesn't, so that's why you could be seeing some colored names. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that UTXMP will also NOT support colored names. Maybe it's in the FAQ.