First impressions and a question regarding melee

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mrgiggles

Sep 11, 2004
First off I'd like to say WOW! since I first noticed your work, the concept has left my jaw dragging along the carpet ;) Finally being able to poke around, now that's just slick. As rough as the released build may be, it still has a professional quality to it, very nice.

But more to the point, how does the melee system for the sword and most importantly the claw attacks work? I'm totally stumped, sometimes a click attack and my claws slash out (it would be helpfull to see them in first person, as I had to play in third to know if I was actually doing any attacking) more often then not I don't do anything. The Radial icon at the bottom center of the screen flickers in different quadrants when I attack. Someone please shed some light on this :( Otherwise, I love it (despite it's pre-alpha glitches).

Before I forget, the musket felt too much like an M1 Garand to me, the 8 shot clip combined with the little *ding* at the end.. perhaps a different sound and a lower capacity (eight rounds semi auto seems steep for a musket).

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
I'd also like to mention sometimes while swinging with the mouse and holding down alt fire, the camera would erratically change direction, very disorienting. Also it seems very unresponsive. Besides, it is one of the better melee system concepts. Is it a original concept? If so, I tip my had for the person responsible for writing it up in the design doc.

Samurai

Corona Leonis Entertainment
It's a simple system. Press your attack button and move your mouse in the direction you want the blade to swing. It's very rough and dirty at the moment, especially with the beasts, but it will be polished over time.

As for its originality, yes, it's completely original. I had designed it several years ago for a Games Workshop title we were working on that was canceled.

Elyas

Sep 12, 2004
Woah, I just found out you could drag bodies and eat them for health. Too cool.

mrgiggles

Sep 11, 2004
Thnx

Although it doesn't always respond when clicked, is there a lengthy cooldown time?

Also, for the beast attacks, visual confirmation would be nice, I didn't notice any (maybe it's just not displaying correctly though).

Last edited:

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Elyas said:
Woah, I just found out you could drag bodies and eat them for health. Too cool.

wtf really?!?!? must must must try that! lolol

oh and will the beast be able to scale walls/trees...ect at one point?