ChaosUT2 PR 3.5 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
The next version of ChaosUT2 has been released! This version includes boatloads of improvements and bug fixes, the most notable being the addition of Relics. This release requires the upcoming UT2004 3233 patch, which will be publicly available very soon.
This is the next generation of Chaotic fun. We have added ChaosRelics, ChaosTeamDM, new sounds, new effects, major tweaks to ChaosCTF (support for vCTF/CTF maps in MapVote, WebAdmin and MapListEditor for ChaosCTF, new flag finder code/icon, better BotAI, warm-up feature added, ect), new proxy interaction, new models, gameplay tweaks, BotAI tweaks and many bugs fixed!
We've mirrored this release on BeyondUnreal FileWorks for your downloading ease:

Download ChaosUT2 PR 3.5 Full Version - Umod (235.91 MB)
Download ChaosUT2 PR 3.5 Full Version - Zip (232.18 MB)
Download ChaosUT2 PR 3.01 - 3.5 Patch - Umod (79.40 MB)
Download ChaosUT2 PR 3.01 - 3.5 Patch - Zip (75.99 MB)

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Mad Max RW said:
Forgot to mention it requires the beta patch.

Yea wish there was some other way around that. Epic last informed us it would be out soon with the offical patch. Then users that dont want to install the beta are good to go.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'm not sure if I understand Mad Max's post but I installed the UT4MOD on an official 3270 patch.

edit: rather, I installed the 3.5 patch, not the full version. It was still on the 3270 patch though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Nemephosis said:
I'm not sure if I understand Mad Max's post but I installed the UT4MOD on an official 3270 patch.

edit: rather, I installed the 3.5 patch, not the full version. It was still on the 3270 patch though.

Nemephosis,

we have not had a chance to ensure the older patchs work 100% correctly. There was some bot issues that were fixed with the new Epic patch so we rolled them into our version to ensure the bots could play our ChaosCTF better. If you run it on the older patch it may crash.

BTW the setting to stop the mut from replacing weapons is working in the ini. In the ChaosUT2.ini, look for the [ChaosGames.ChaosUT] section and change

CompatMode

to true and that will allow you to play Chaos like you did in the past (with out the mut swaping out the weapons).

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
It installed but nothing works anymore. Kind of sucks, but soon we'll have the official patch so it won't matter. (So much for Epic's OMG WE WANT TO RELEASE IT THIS WEEK stuff I guess.)