PDA

View Full Version : Redeemer in the Face?

Slayer[FOR]
3rd Apr 2000, 11:30 PM
Has anyone seen this?

I have been playing UT for awhile now and I have been going on some servers that have a weird problem.

When I try to alt-fire the Redeemer it blows up imediately in my face. If I use the primary fire it works. Any ideas? Possibly a lag issue?

Thanks for any input!!

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct, I just shot him!!!"

Kukuman
3rd Apr 2000, 11:36 PM
Yes, I get that a lot! I always figured I had hit something while aiming down, but sometimes I could have sworn I was clear. It's really strange.

Kukuman

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Decaf! Oh no! Decaf bad bbbbbbad! Decaf oh nononononono! Get that out of my e-mail!

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee."

Slayer[FOR]
3rd Apr 2000, 11:49 PM
I was firing it at open air on the side of the fort on facing worlds...there was nothing there!

"I'm so confused!! Quick somebody get me a modivational cassette tape!!"

"What do you mean I have to be politically correct, I just shot him!!"

Mute
3rd Apr 2000, 11:53 PM
Simple... you are playing on a server running version 402. If the round trip lag is more than 300ms I think the redeemer decides you are link dead and self destructs (or something else cheesy like that). Which means right in your face /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. I know you aren't link dead, but what can you do? Just don't alt-fire redeemers on servers running 402 unless you are an LPB.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Mute|PuF: Rumormonger for hire.

[This message has been edited by mute (edited 04-03-2000).]

Slayer[FOR]
4th Apr 2000, 07:40 AM
His server is listed as 405!!

any other suggestions?

JESUS CHRIST
4th Apr 2000, 08:27 AM
you might be double clicking your alt fire by accident. the second time you press it blows up.

LordKhaine
4th Apr 2000, 08:41 AM
No it was version 402 that STOPED the redeemer blowing up for high pingers, its only version 400 i think that causes instant explsions

CYBER PETE
4th Apr 2000, 11:19 AM
LordKhaine is right. The issue was corrected with the 402 patch. It shouldn't be happening as long as thier not using version 400.

Also I haven't tested it but if your running version 400 and they have version 405 you might still have the problem.

[This message has been edited by CYBER PETE (edited 04-04-2000).]

Slayer[FOR]
4th Apr 2000, 12:04 PM
I have 405B with the bonous pack and his server said 405. Then again he might just have it saying that.

Plus..I am very skilled at flying a redeemer around people in circles. Or else this Pilot liscence is usless...LOL.

Thanks for the input guys/gals!