Pics with new toy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
i went to florida (just came back) and i got some camera so i can finally start earning some money (hopefully) :)
these were taken on a canon eos 10d on a 28/200 ef lens
sunset1.jpg

flower1.jpg

cars1.jpg

rayo1.jpg

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
well lighting its too fast for someones hands to capture, so u just have to make a long exposition... that was like 3 mins for that one

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
i really like the top part of #4. where the you can see the light. and how the lighting curves around the cloud.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Those are nice but one thing i would suggest is to think about composition, for example the long exposure picture of the cars lights blurring on the road is nice but the huge patch of black and distant city kinda ruins it. Maybe if you'd gone down on the road and found an interesting way of showing the image it would of looked a lot nicer. Experiment with ways of making each area of the image appealing to the eyes and interesting.

You appear to be interested with long exposures so mess around with things that aren't so obvious, everyone does long exposures of car lights. Try something a little less obvious and find new ways of showing it :)

Also with long exposures, i find you lose a lot of image quality unless it's mounted on tripod. You can see various objects blurring in the backgrounds due to the camera moving as you held it for the long time periods

Anyways good luck, i'll look forward to seeing more from you :tup:

Edit: I just remembered that for some coursework i did a while back i experimented with long exposure and did a small series of pics primarily as portraiture but mixed in some long exposures of fire. One picture was of a model stood beside a fireplace with the flames moving in such a way that it appeared he had a huge schlong that was best described as a fire tentacle.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

(I am in no way responsible for thread starter setting his friends on fire and taking pictures ok)

Last edited by a moderator:

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
i used a tripod for the last 2 but i dont have any remote so yes they are a bit shaky :(

and yeah that is kind of my main problem i think, even i thinlk my shots are kind of.. err standart and common, and ive yet to find something that makes them really special, meeeh i guess i find something sooner or later. (i hope) :)

thanks for the comments guys :)

btw: my friends are such drunks they would probably be consumed by the fire within 10 seconds ;)

Last edited:
As long as someone likes them (And someone always will, even if you never know about it), don't bust your ass trying to figure out the super-duper exclusive never-before-done shot, it just drives you batty. As for the shake, I'm sure your camera has a timer mode :) Apply your settings and turn it on, really helps me when I'm using a tripod. I REALLY like the lightning one, the colors are well defined, as is the case with the rest of 'em :) Good job duder :tup:

Damn you and your EOS 10D friendly wallet!

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Sweet Camera! have fun with it.

1st pic: As you said "common." It's pretty, but it's just another typical sunset. I also find
the post in the lower left distracting.

2nd pic: Color looks flat. It could use little punching up in PS. Composition: I think you should
have concentrated on one group of flowers. As is, it kind'a splits your attention. Also,
everything looks a little out of focus. A slight increase in DOF would help.

3rd pic: The horizon doesn't look level. The focus looks a bit soft.

4th pic: The horizon doesn't look level. Lightning is hard to get, and you did a pretty
good job.

Last edited:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
/me searches for dead guys hidden in the backgrounds and catspiders...

nope?

Alright they're just awesome pictures! I get it! :D Excellent pictures dude, I currently have one of them as my background.

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
Thanks for the comments and advise everyone :)
ill be posting more pics for u guys as i shoot and try to improve ;)

trunk1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Nice dude, can you take a pic of some kind of faucet/running water using a really high shutter speed? A pic like that should come out really good with that camera.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
El JuaKo said:
well lighting its too fast for someones hands to capture, so u just have to make a long exposition... that was like 3 mins for that one

Actually, I believe camera sensors exist that register light changes and automatically take a picture once they detect a flash. Might want to look into those. :)

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
hehe no i dont mind as long as u dont share them like crazy ^-^
those sensors are good for daylight, but in the night u need to have long exposures for detailed backgrounds :)
yeah i seem to have a problem with lining the horizon... maybe its dislexia :p in the tree slump actually i was standing on water didnt bring my tripod and i tried to put the camera on the tree so it didnt move and i almost fell hehe actually i took 3 pics of that slump and thats the more even with the horizon :(

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
and I thought I was the only that takes pictures of plants :p

I like the one of the clouds and the one of the lighitng the best... they all are good of course :)
nice work, you have any more :D