PDA

View Full Version : AVP skins

blackwolf996
9th Sep 2004, 10:23 AM
I saw AVP(Alien versus Predator) the first day it came out and a week later i saw a skin that reminded me of the Predators (Futuria). And a skin of a remake Quake3 character (Magdalena i think that was the name) that ran on all fours like the Alien. They are both on www.levels4you.com. I don't have any experience in making skins with the UT2K4 editor. I was wonder if anyone could make some AVP skins and post them on www.levels4you.com i think they would both be pretty cool.

N@Sc
9th Sep 2004, 04:55 PM
you dont want to make models with the ED (its fo maps);)
but i thought there already was a huge thread of AVP but no1 did something
altthough there is this model 4 ut2k4 called magdalena it would be the perfect model to be based 4 an alien it has the same body structure

Darth_Chaos
9th Sep 2004, 05:02 PM
The thread about the pred wib on atari boards- http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=409008
Oh and if you want to own like me listen to a cell phone esque rendition of queen- we will rock you http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/shared/mid.php?src=Queen_-_We_Will_Rock_You . Now buck up bucko and do what I order and be on your way too sith hood. Semper fi, carry on.

Mr.Wigglez
11th Sep 2004, 03:07 PM
hey DC could u tell me when EE gets close to completin his AvP pack i looked at his thread on atari forums, looks sweet.

:EDIT:hey DC could u tell EE to make on his pred model the blades longer?

N@Sc
11th Sep 2004, 03:28 PM
hahhaha, nice idea 4 lan a cloaked invissible pred model ;):D

Mr.Wigglez
11th Sep 2004, 03:55 PM
yea that would be sweet. but you would have to have summen that is not to noticable but summen u can see but not to well so u kno where he is, ya know what i mean.

N@Sc
11th Sep 2004, 04:14 PM
N0!:D

Mr.Wigglez
11th Sep 2004, 05:08 PM
yea like u kno how when u get upclose u can see the outlines but when ur far away u cant see him at all summen like that. so you cant be sniped.

Mr.Wigglez
14th Sep 2004, 06:14 PM
DC any news on the Pred model from EE???

klasnic
18th Feb 2005, 09:23 AM
Done!

http://www.ut2003hq.com/downit2.php?ID=5392
http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=5135

Phantasma
18th Feb 2005, 09:52 AM
Those models look really bad and EE has been working on that AvP model sense the dawning of time...I myself use a huge AvP modelpack with used to be on fileplanet, I heard they took it off. That pack held all the models from AvP2 the video game. The alien queen model was about 2 and a half times bigger then the standard model you see running around in UT2004. So when I used it in CUT you could imagine the surprise to see a huge alien queen running around with a sword. I'll post a pic of it later.

klasnic
18th Feb 2005, 09:59 AM
I don't think anyone can expect much new content from EE as long as he's working on that mod unfortunately. ( Meaning it'll probably take 'til the end of time :lol: ) but I must check out the AvP - do you have a link Phantasma? Pics would be cool too so casual browsers can see what we're talking about :)

Phantasma
18th Feb 2005, 01:05 PM
These are some images I just took. I could do some better ones but this is enough to get a idea. There is about 19 models/skins in this pack, I still have the zip file on my computer for those who can't find the link if it still exists. All models in this pack were ported from AvP2 the PC game.

CheapAlert
18th Feb 2005, 01:35 PM
[EDITED]: Try not to express opinions on people in 'public forums'

Kantham
18th Feb 2005, 01:42 PM
alien use sword now?

CheapAlert
18th Feb 2005, 02:44 PM

klasnic
18th Feb 2005, 03:29 PM
Back to the topic at hand ;)

CheapAlert
18th Feb 2005, 03:50 PM

Phantasma
18th Feb 2005, 04:55 PM
LoL those pics were taken while I was playing ChaosUT in Duel mode. I agree with Cheap Alert, I don't like ports. ports don't have that UT feel to it. But if the character is redone then I'm all for it. Oh and if anyone is interested in that AvP pack I could send it to you or try to host it somewhere.

klasnic
18th Feb 2005, 06:44 PM
@ Phantasma, post a link if you have one thanks... I'll check it out :)

Phantasma
18th Feb 2005, 07:18 PM
The link is dead, I'll try to host it somewhere. I'll edit this post when I get it up and running okay?

Qx9
28th Feb 2005, 03:36 AM
Thanks Klasnic for your support and the good things you do for the community!

- Qx9

klasnic
28th Feb 2005, 11:13 AM
Some of the comments above were edited as it's not right for any individual to publically criticize another in public forums. You guys and gals can express opinions in private messages, email, etc., but try to refrain from such comments in these forums or I'll have to come down hard on you.

*Big brother is watching you, always* :2thumb:

CheapAlert
1st Mar 2005, 02:03 AM
Defending a thief? Well....

SaD
4th Mar 2005, 07:50 AM
Defending a thief? Well....

Absolutly correct what Klasnic has done.
He isnīt defending a thief , he is defending the behaviour in this forum.

I can understand it , if you donīt like converted models , but you shouldnīt get rude and pm the person and not bash him in a public forum.

klasnic
4th Mar 2005, 02:49 PM
He isnīt defending a *****, he is defending the behaviour in this forum.

Hurray back to business as usual :tup: Welcome back SaD. Thread re-opened.

SaD
4th Mar 2005, 03:05 PM
Thanx Klasnic :) .

der metzgermeister
23rd Mar 2005, 05:25 AM
Id like to help, if i had ut2004 a predator skin could fit onto the skaarj model, if i had ut2004 but My pc is getting packed away this weekend cos im moving house, and i wont be able to touch ut for a month. Im gutted :( Ill have a shot at it later though,if i had ut2004 it could be fun to try :)if i had ut2004

der metzgermeister
23rd Mar 2005, 05:27 AM
aw poop, forget what i said, i dont have ut2k4. I feel so very very stupid..............

Kantham
23rd Mar 2005, 05:35 AM
aw poop, forget what i said, i dont have ut2k4. I feel so stupid..............

Aw , you should edit your post instead :rolleyes:

don't feel stupid for this , but feel VERY stupid :D

j/k