A sort of dumb question but I'm just curious

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al_Bundy

Sep 6, 2004
I d/l infiltration and boy does it kick ass, but when I went to play multiplayer there were around 15 servers and they were like all empty so I played with bots for a bit, what I'm wondering is how big is the infiltration community? More specifically, how much ppl play this game online?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I'm sorry to say not many. I cannot say any exact numbers because I don't go often on European servers, but I'd say around 100 active players is reasonable.

Infiltration is mainly composed of hardcore INF players. The game is quite old (dates back to unreal 1) and even though it modernized and evolved a lot (yeah no ****), infiltration is simply a "no so accesible" game on a dying engine.

But don't fear! Great projects are in the air.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I'd guess its a little more. When you count around 15 clans in ILCR, times 10 or more players + several non claners it should be closer to 200, anyway small enough to remember most people within a few weeks.

One problem is that (at least in europe) a lot of clanplayers don't play public, they just have their trains and wars and leave empty servers for public play :(

With a likelyness of 90% you will find INFGermany populated between 18.00 and 23.00 CET running TDM.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
or the SG TDM servers.. id say the active population would be about the 50-70 you see here (as in everywhere apart from OT) and then plus another say 30-40... this has its strong and weak points - for one id say were all pretty tight here compared to other communities and we actually see the people we meet here play :D !

but do watch out for some people who are into dividing this place up even further... screw this RA/vanilla division i love it all.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
LOL the community is WAaay bigger than 100 or 200. There are over 1000 unique names with over an hour of online play time. Sure, some of those are people using multiple names, but most people stick with one name and use it always.

Then you have to add the offline players and you probably have about 1000 to 1500 INF players. The hardcore INF players that you see online several times a week probably only number at about 150 though.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well by your name I'll assume your American. Go on at night around 7 or 8 and their are usually people on SG or GD servers. If you play in the mornings or afternoons, the German INF server sometimes has people on it. Usually there are 2 or 3 players on, but sometimes we can get up to 20 to 25 people playing on a good night. Was playing with about 20 people last night on SG and it was a blast.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I can't imagine why.

Shame, really. Ed O'Neil was wasted for all those years.