PDA

View Full Version : AS-Acatana Final Released

Raffi_B
8th Sep 2004, 06:41 PM
After making numerous bug-fixes and improvements to Beta 1, Anarkist has released the final version of his excellent Assault map, AS-Acatana.

This scenario recreates the Skaarj attack on the planet Acatana. The planet, uninhabitable by most lifeforms, had long been home to a group of human scientists - a secret division of the NEG, created with the sole purpose of researching advanced weapons technology. Due to the surrounding asteroid field and advanced defence systems, No race had been near the planet for years. That was, until the Skaarj learned of the highly lucrative technology ripe for the taking...

igNiTion
8th Sep 2004, 07:24 PM
http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?mapid=7116 <- d/l link, for the lazt ones.

I didn't try the beta, but from the responses I'm really looking forward to this :)

T2A`
9th Sep 2004, 11:14 PM
This thing is pretty sweet. Looks really good and gameplay is pretty good as well. The space fight could have been better, though, and the level caters very, very well to people good with the LG, but I like it. My only real gripe about it is the intro movie. The narrator talks soooo sloooow and has noooo emooootion. :lol:

hal
9th Sep 2004, 11:54 PM
UnrealGrrl rocks!

T2A`
10th Sep 2004, 06:42 AM
Oh yeah, I got a question. With making a whole Assault level with a custom intro movie taking a long-ass time, why don't people record new "objective complete" and "do this objective" things? It'd make the experience a lot better if it said "Board the space fighters and destroy the engine thingies," rather than "complete next objective," don't you think?

anarkist
10th Sep 2004, 10:53 AM
Oh yeah, I got a question. With making a whole Assault level with a custom intro movie taking a long-ass time, why don't people record new "objective complete" and "do this objective" things? It'd make the experience a lot better if it said "Board the space fighters and destroy the engine thingies," rather than "complete next objective," don't you think?

It doesn't work, thats why :mad:

Unrealgrrl recorded them too, but the game doesn't like custom ones in between objectives. Darn.