PDA

View Full Version : AS alarm sound gone...

Taleweaver
7th Sep 2004, 10:19 AM
You all know that when you play Assault, there is an alarm that will go off if an attacker comes too close to the objective. I noticed last FragBU that I didn't got this alarm sound anymore...
After some deleting .ini files, I found out that the problem is somewhere hidden in UT2004.ini, but I don't know where :( As you can imagine, I don't want to loose all my settings, so I rather have this one problem found than having to redo all my settings from before. To make matters worse: I don't know how long I had this problem.
Anyone know which setting is wrong? You'll find my UT2004.ini settings here (http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/UT2004.ini)

KenjiE20
7th Sep 2004, 12:12 PM
I just glanced through it and can't see anything that refers to it; I compared a few bits with mine and they all seems fine.

BooGiTyBoY
7th Sep 2004, 01:17 PM
I don't have one either.. come to think of it I don't remember ever having one. I'll go do a search on some other forums and see if I can come up with anything.

Taleweaver
7th Sep 2004, 01:35 PM
Nevermind...I've found the error. In one of my 'i want to be able to hear everything important' moments, I set AmbientVolume to 0 (background noises like the wind)...it turns out that this setting is also the one in control of the alarm. :hmm:
Oh, well. Thanks for your time, everyone :)

Raden
7th Sep 2004, 06:05 PM
You all know that when you play Assault, there is an alarm that will go off if an attacker comes too close to the objective.

http://ua.beyondunreal.com/staff/nem/smilies/wtf.gif There's what now? I've never heard that.....

edit: and I have ambient noises......

Taleweaver
7th Sep 2004, 07:14 PM
Ehm...it has been there since ut2004 was released; I even think it was included in the demo. Maybe your normal music is set too high? Or maybe you just didn't pay attention to it? (I don't remember how I found out about that, but it wasn't because I was defending at that time)

Raden
7th Sep 2004, 09:12 PM
might be the music. Either way I don't play lots of assault soooo......