PDA

View Full Version : beta?

B4NE
6th Sep 2004, 05:46 AM
is there an open beta for UTXMP? I had heard that there was but I didn't know for sure so I figured this would be the best place to find out.... :D

master_brent911
9th Sep 2004, 06:09 PM
I see some members have Beta Tester under their name. I'd like to know who I'd have to please to get the beta. Cause I'd do it. :D

washuu
9th Sep 2004, 06:13 PM
U2XMP beta testers....

master_brent911
9th Sep 2004, 06:15 PM
Oh...I thought it was UTXMP beta testers. nm

Mantik
9th Sep 2004, 06:28 PM
I see some members have Beta Tester under their name. I'd like to know who I'd have to please to get the beta. Cause I'd do it. :D

You have to please ICovetYourChild. And judging by his name, I highly doubt you'd want to please him ;)

Xaero
9th Sep 2004, 06:35 PM

If it would make you feel better, you can probably change your own title to say Beta Tester. ;)

master_brent911
10th Sep 2004, 01:00 AM
teehee....that does at least feel somewhat better now....

Xabora
10th Sep 2004, 05:33 PM
:D <--- :D

trogetta
10th Sep 2004, 09:02 PM
so that includes me?

PRG
11th Sep 2004, 01:31 AM
If it would make you feel better, you can probably change your own title to say Beta Tester. ;)

Yah but we didn't give ourselves the beta tester title... :D

master_brent911
11th Sep 2004, 05:28 AM
Agreed...but its better than nothing....lol

NBtX
15th Sep 2004, 05:05 PM
cant wait to start beta testing....i never even realised i had it under my name before until now LOL U2XMP beta testing was a blast, hope to have as much fun with this one :)

|xF|Šeģēīde
20th Sep 2004, 05:37 AM
wish i had that under my name :P

Mantik
20th Sep 2004, 09:24 AM
Master Brent's name, combined with his desire to have Beta under his avatar.. lead me to change mine as well, seeing as how if all the cool people do it..

\o/

[DF]phalanx
20th Sep 2004, 09:33 AM
lol

Nor$e
20th Sep 2004, 02:47 PM
rofl.........

FurociousFa
20th Sep 2004, 03:06 PM
I might not've beta tested, but i've played more man-hours than anyone else since 12/5/2003

Jackal
20th Sep 2004, 08:28 PM
Mantik']Master Brent's name, combined with his desire to have Beta under his avatar.. lead me to change mine as well, seeing as how if all the cool people do it..

\o/

but...your not cool.

fireball
20th Sep 2004, 08:43 PM
Blasphemer!

«§»Banger
20th Sep 2004, 10:45 PM
On a side note of sorts, it is being beta tested correct? Are we still shooting for the September release?

By the way.. sup everyone, just found these forums, most of you already know me, small community.

Jackal
21st Sep 2004, 06:56 AM
On a side note of sorts, it is being beta tested correct? Are we still shooting for the September reliece?

By the way.. sup everyone, just found these forurms, most of you already know me, small comunity.

well i don't know what a reliece is, but yes, they are planning on BT UTXMP

OnYx(DCSB)
21st Sep 2004, 07:40 AM
Can anyone from FMI confirm if this is an open or closed Beta?

NRK
21st Sep 2004, 08:40 AM
Can anyone from FMI confirm if this is an open or closed Beta?

They have enough ppl for closed beta. Open beta's happens when there is lack of ppl.

IndianPsycho
21st Sep 2004, 08:49 AM
It will be a closed beta.

«§»Banger
21st Sep 2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry about my spelling, you will half to excuse me, I'm Dyslexic. And for some reason I can't figure out how to get my spell check working in Mozilla.

I think it should be an open beta, I mean we got a small community here, I don't see any problems. Anyone know the word on the release date, still September?

IndianPsycho
21st Sep 2004, 04:28 PM
The XMP community is indeed small, the 2K4 community however is many times larger.

[DF]phalanx
21st Sep 2004, 04:33 PM
well it is for the XMP community
i also think an open beta for the XMP comunity would be good
if u opened it to all UT2004 guys will prolly whine

fireball
21st Sep 2004, 04:40 PM
And we're NOT whining?

Sir_Brizz
21st Sep 2004, 04:41 PM
closed beta=necessary. If you don't know why, consider all the threads about the HUD.

IndianPsycho
21st Sep 2004, 05:04 PM
well it is for the XMP community
i also think an open beta for the XMP comunity would be good
if u opened it to all UT2004 guys will prolly whine

bStupidPost=true :p

Despite what you may think, this mod is NOT made solely for the XMP community.
The UT2004 guys will whine? Have you ever looked at this forum? 95% of the whining here is done by "XMP community members".

|xF|Šeģēīde
21st Sep 2004, 06:15 PM

Despite what you may think, this mod is NOT made solely for the XMP community.
The UT2004 guys will whine? Have you ever looked at this forum? 95% of the whining here is done by "XMP community members".

ROFL right on the moeny there and as i've siad before and ill say it agian ... i rest assured that you guys are true believers in the orig u2xmp and dynamics of the game play ... i really REALLY wish i could play this .. as i know i love this game more then my own mother lol (jk of course)

Dandeloreon1984
21st Sep 2004, 08:16 PM
ROFL right on the moeny there and as i've siad before and ill say it agian ... i rest assured that you guys are true believers in the orig u2xmp and dynamics of the game play ... i really REALLY wish i could play this .. as i know i love this game more then my own mother lol (jk of course)

I concure, a little bit... I know that most of the xmp community likes what your doing, because you are taking xmp into ut2k4 for us, but i also haft to say that if a person complains after it is done about anything... they should just think about not complaining and bitting the bullet on this concept, and it is a small one:

If You Don't like it, learn to code, model, skin, etc, and do it yourself!

NRK
21st Sep 2004, 08:23 PM
If You Don't like it, learn to code, model, skin, etc, and do it yourself!

If you dont like the new movie, go and make one yourself.

Sir_Brizz
21st Sep 2004, 10:27 PM
If you dont like the new movie, go and make one yourself.
As much as I'm sure you don't like hearing this:

THESE CANNOT BE COMPARED.

Movies aren't open ended. With UT you can download FREE MATERIALS to make something. For a video, you have to SPEND MONEY to make something.

Also, there are hundreds of thousands of movies, move on to something else if you don't like one. You have that option.

There are hundreds of video games. Move on if you don't like some particular feature in the game because it's not IDENTICAL to the way it was before.

You are of course free to nit pick. We just don't want to hear it. :p

NRK
22nd Sep 2004, 03:54 AM
Those "You cant say anything about the map because you dont know how to map" and "You cant say anything about what i did because you cant make that yourself" arguments are just stupid.

THESE CANNOT BE COMPARED.

Movies aren't open ended. With UT you can download FREE MATERIALS to make something. For a video, you have to SPEND MONEY to make something.

That was example i found at the moment. However, you have to spend TIME to make both things. Learning how to map is not easy part.

BTW i am one of those who cant wait the game to come out.

Mantik
22nd Sep 2004, 10:10 AM

Indy makes me warm in warm places.

Jubei
22nd Sep 2004, 10:41 AM
Mantik']Indy makes me warm in warm places.

you mean smelly warm places.

Mantik
22nd Sep 2004, 11:48 AM
you mean smelly warm places.

Yes. My love is the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket, baby ;)

Sir_Brizz
22nd Sep 2004, 01:54 PM
Those "You cant say anything about the map because you dont know how to map" and "You cant say anything about what i did because you cant make that yourself" arguments are just stupid.
If you're not the only one complaining then it's liekly there is someone complaining that does know how to do what they are complaining about but are either too lazy or too busy to do it.

The fact is, both sides of that argument are equally stupid, because you shouldn't complain about something you don't know how to do unless you look into the complexities of it and REALIZE that it's NOT easy. That is precisely the point!

NRK
22nd Sep 2004, 03:20 PM
If you're not the only one complaining then it's liekly there is someone complaining that does know how to do what they are complaining about but are either too lazy or too busy to do it.

The fact is, both sides of that argument are equally stupid, because you shouldn't complain about something you don't know how to do unless you look into the complexities of it and REALIZE that it's NOT easy. That is precisely the point!

Yes, i agree. For example, you can tell mapper about problems in his map, but he is the one who decides how to solve them. So, to conclude:
BOTH
"You cant say anything about what i did because you cant make that yourself"
AND
"Do everything how i said because you do that for me"
points causes only trouble.

Or endless flame war... j/k :D

fireball
22nd Sep 2004, 03:25 PM
Argh.
If they didn't want feedback, would they have a forum?
"This is ****" <-- truly worthless comment
"I'd prefer ___ over ___" <-- constructive
Now, can we go back to whatever vague level of sanity we had before?

Mantik
22nd Sep 2004, 03:32 PM
Argh.

This post is ****

Sir_Brizz
22nd Sep 2004, 04:57 PM
Argh.
Except that the comments so far have been:

"This is ****! You have got to put ______ or else the whole game is gonna be ****! I don't care what you do just take out ____ and put in ______ or else it will be ****!" <-- not constructive. Class A Whining. /me bring in Arnold.

And don't even try to deny it.

TseTse
22nd Sep 2004, 05:18 PM
strange. i see lots of controversy but... i dont really understand why there's so much controversy :)

me, i just will wait till i can playtest and map for the game.

i somehow was one of the first 20 or so original "beta" testers so i had a good run with u2xmp (until it started to depress me). i'll enjoy a longer run with utxmp.