70 challenger for unwheel =)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
Just thought i'd post my progress in here for you guys to look at.

i70chall1.jpg

i70chall2.jpg

i70chall3.jpg

i70chall4.jpg

i70chall7.jpg

i70chall8.jpg

i70chall9.jpg

Just over 2 days work so far... Coments and crits welcome ;)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Nice work. Just maybe the engine detail might be a bit over the top as i doubt you will be driving with the bonet open :D Nice model though

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
Well here's the deal. The unwheel version will have 3 flavours (im hoping i am up to the texture job). They will be Junker, Stock and Pro Street. The Junker+Stock versions wont have any special engines or hood/trunk space because it wont be seen = waste of polys, so only the pro street will have the special engine showing. However, the extras are there because this car is also destined for Carmageddon TDR which has realtime damage, so hoods/doors/trunks etc get ripped off quite frequently.

So you see, i have teh master plan :D

For the unwheel version i'll probably end up cutting 10-15% of the polys :) (oh and the tri count is still under 4000 for anyone who's interested, without the stand-in wheels)

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Wheelie kewt!
[Really cute!]

That is a very nice car. I suggest you keep up the good work and then everyone will be happy. Or else :D

It's interesting to see its polys showing... I somehow like that ;)

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
Ya, for the unwheel versions, no engine, opening door stuff or anything like that required at all. Its just more work for me to remove to get ingame. :)

Unless we ever decide to have stuff like doors flying off, etc.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
mmm sexy car... kinda reminds me of starsky and hutch

hey what do those roller wheels do at the back of the car?

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
Those are wheelie bars carmatic. They stop the front of the car flying into the air when the huge rear tyres grab onto the road when you jam the throttle.

Just waiting for some feedback from a friend of mine, then i'll finish this up.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
oooh... do they have any meaning in the svehicle code?like do they actually have a physical effect on the car...

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
i personally havent a clue, they are just polygons stuck to the back of the car. no doubt the cars bounding box will encapsulate them, so im guessing the car wont be able to pull wheelies (like it would be that overpowered anyway).

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
ah... but if you forcefully tip the car backwards when its moving, the bounding box would cause scraping rather than the rolling that the bar is supposed to do, i guess... if only theres a way to change that, like a certain part of the box gets a special property, like the killing effect of the scorpion's blades and the way they are attached to the scorpion ,but in here its like a repulsor-like effect of the tank...

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
Well what the hell, updates?

i70chall12.jpg

i70chall13.jpg

i70chall14.jpg

Dragged this model back from wherever its been and had a pop at finishing it. It's finally getting closer to completion, just adding the smaller details now (although most of this will be cut for unwheel, but not carmageddon XD). I'm going to try and do the UVmapping tomorrow night, so that should be fun :/