[Possible flamebait] Looking for feedback on an idea for FHCP mod...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Da Wrecka

Mar 31, 2000
England
www.dawrecka.ic24.net
Some people will probably bitch at me about this; to them, I say "please die". I'm looking for opinions on a feature idea I had for Fraghouse Boss Rush - which I'm coding for the FHCP. I made this a new thread rather than a reply to the FHCP thread to keep from cluttering up said thread excessively. If this irritates any admins, I apologise.

Fraghouse Boss Rush, for those that don't know, (and since there's not been a HUGE amount of information released about it or its sister gametype Reloaded, that's not hard) is basically a gametype where instead of facing wave after wave of normal monsters, you face wave after wave of BOSSES! (and maybe some normal monsters in the preliminary waves, depending on how the server admin has set things up) There will also be large amounts of HUD enhancements; anyone who enjoyed my Boss Life Gauges mutator, all of the functions from that little piece of work will be included in this, with a lot more to boot. (I intend to include that mutator, in its enhanced state, for the benefit of those playing standard FHI) Fear not, it'll only be one boss at a time; but an idea that just hit me is one of diminishing returns; What this means is, instead of a boss being worth a fixed amount of points all the time, they will start at a certain value and will gradually decrease in value (down to a preconfigured proportion) as time goes on; the quicker you beat the boss, the more points you get, and if you take too long to beat it, you get a pittance. I'd like feedback on this idea; Who would like to see it, and who wouldn't? (Also note that near as I can tell Fraghouse Boss Rush is damn-near complete but it hasn't undergone significant netplay testing.) Also, at what rate would people like to see the decreasing done; percentage-wise, e.g. 5/10/15/(configurable)% of the total value per minute/5 minutes/configurable time period? Or fixed, 5/10/15 points per minute/whatever.

Oh, and of possible interest to some people; Boss Rush and Reloaded are being coded with UT2004RPG in mind; whether I'll be able to keep the game from crashing remains to be seen, but I intend to try.

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
hmmm, sounds good :)

Any new twist will be good, players just love having the options to set up a game they want or have the option to play sometihng different with in their favorite games :) As for what percentages etc, i wouldnt like to say, il leave those choices to more better players then me. One small idea i had was after each wave, what if the bosses got more and more stringer (unless that allready happens and im being real dumb.....which i think i am)

Anyway, this is a pretty useless post considering.....oh well, thats my thoughts :)

Da Wrecka

Mar 31, 2000
England
www.dawrecka.ic24.net
News...

I've implemented the diminishing scores option, though right now it's non-configurable. We'll see how it goes. What I need right now though, is something I can't get on my own; beta testers. I need to perform a beta-test of both Fraghouse Boss Rush and Fraghouse Reloaded before I consider them finished. At present I have only one beta-tester, but I want more.

One snag is, I have a piss-poor upstream. At only 256Kbps I can squeeze in, at most, 4 players or so besides myself if I cap client netspeed to 7,000. If someone can suggest some other server I could use (bearing in mind it would need Fraghouse Invasion v3.1 and allow custom code, namely Fraghouse Extension) that would be awesome. Failing all else though, I have room for 3 more beta-testers. Any volunteers? I'll include your names/handles in the documentation under "Special Thanks to" at the very least if you want me to.

Phantom_Dream

Dec 4, 2004
I would love to be a bete tester for this, just contact my msn (If you have it) at Phantom_Dream (At) MSN (D o t) Com. And I do have a lot of experience n the FHi, dont worry.

(Otherwise, pm me)

Last edited: