UDN tutorial lied to me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Today in Object-Oriented Software class, I did nothing but sketch a layout for a CTF map I want to make for FragBU. I drew a lot of curved walls, and I remembered that brush clipping would be the way to go about making them, but I didn't remember how to actually do it. I headed over to the UDN because that site's 1337 for finding information and started following the tutorial. Down in the first advanced trick part they show how to make a simple and smooth curved corner.

UDN said:
Now, go back into regular camera mode. The clipping points stay where they were.
Sike! Whenever I click camera mode they disappear. Now, you'll notice in the picture provided that their clipping points have red circles around them:

wpe21.jpg

Mine do not. Is this why mine disappear? Or do they just have Actor Radii view on and are trying to trick me? Or was this tutorial written for UEd2 and now the clipping points always disappear? That wouldn't be logical to me that in upgrading the Editor, a tool that's not obsolete stops working. What am I doing wrong? Help me out! Making smooth corners in the 2D Editor blows!! :lol:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
UDN is a suboptimal resource, since most of that was typed up before even UT2003 was released. In fact, they consider that part of the engine to be obsolete and stopped updating those over a year ago. Hence, Engine 2.5 or whatever.

Try the wiki instead. Better info. I'll see if I can also dig up clipping links.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yes I do! I wasn't blessed with enough patience to try to learn Maya, mainly because my first attempts to follow a tutorial and get a cube into UT2003 failed.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Well technically you could still export it to a static mesh and put it back in your level like that. It wouldn't be nearly as clean as Maya but more user-friendly.