iMac G5 released today.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable computer. That's gotta count for something.

I want a real computer anyways. Not something that is just for looks and nothing else.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
i believe the cpu apple use does a lot more per cycle, so even though it seems slow, don't forget, it's a completely different platform, and probably quite comparable to some higher pc chips. The grpahics chip i admit is a bit of a down side, not a crap card, but certainly at the lower end of the scale. if there was a bit more software support on the gaming side, and if you could swap the graphics card, i'd certainly be tempted to get one...

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
Wow Zen, they look sweeet :eek: I need something to replace my old G3 450mhz B+W beast :lol:

Thanks for always looking out for the rest of the Apple fans on this forum :D

(tool was fooled by the mhz-myth lolololoolo etc...)

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
And it still can't run half the stuff out there that windows can

Well, it actually can through emulation, just not fast enough for most new games. But thats the only thing you really buy a PC for anyway.

Incidentally, my 350 MHz G3 ran on par with my friends 733 MHz PII, so I reckon a 1.8 GHz G5 runs around par with a 3.6 MHz P4. Just a ballfield estimate. Also OS X is extremely efficient.

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Looks nice.

But the 256MB of RAM, NV FX5200, and lack of BlueTooth(huh?) is a major downer. Hopefully the G5 PowerBooks will be out soon, and at a price I can reasonably afford. :D

Last edited:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
SludgeX said:
Looks nice.

But the 256MB of RAM, NV FX5200, and lack of BlueTooth(huh?) is a major downer. Hopefully the G5 PowerBooks will be out soon, and at a price I can reasonably afford. :D
it does have bluetooth...

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable. That's gotta count for something.
/\ I edited out a word, just to have some fun.

So is a Pizza....Put I cant play my PC games on it.

It would make a good Dart board.

The Pizza, not the Apple...

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
BITE_ME said:
/\ I edited out a word, just to have some fun.

So is a Pizza....Put I cant play my PC games on it.

It would make a good Dart board.

The Pizza, not the Apple...
i thought you were referring to a d!ldo by editing out the word "computer".... :con:

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Syri said:
it does have bluetooth...

But not as a built-in stardard. You can, of course, customize it to include Bluetooth and/or FireWire800

But it seems silly not to include basic BlueTooth with the standard iMac, since out-of-the-box BlueTooth wireless connectivity with Keyboards, Mice, and other input devices is one the slickest features of Macs.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable dildo. That's gotta count for something.

ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable blowup doll. That's gotta count for something.

ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable blowjob machine. That's gotta count for something.

ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable bananaphone. That's gotta count for something.

ZenPirate said:
Dude, it's a 2" thick wall mountable inflatable christmas tree. That's gotta count for something.