PDA

View Full Version : Kung-fu Ninja noob question.

Nalid
31st Aug 2004, 11:55 AM
Heyyyyyy anyone mind helping smack some sense into me by answering this quick question..... ?

How, do I export the head, and body textures from U-Paint, to Photoshop.... and then back again?

And please be gentle with the terminology.. I'm a smacktard when it comes to this. :p

Also, how do I locate the textures of custom models to play with..? I really want to give the Dark Elf a try...

Thanks. :p

Nalid
31st Aug 2004, 02:56 PM
Hmmm I think I might have placed this in the wrong area. >_o I'll post it in a different section, and remove this one after a while... But I'm going to leave it up a bit longer incase someone drops and answer... I'm pretty much sitting at home waiting for one.. I set aside today to work on this stuff. :P

ut2k4Charger
31st Aug 2004, 09:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, when working on a skin, isn't it always better to edit the skin in Photoshop first then import it to uPaint? That is the method I use.

Nalid
31st Aug 2004, 10:41 PM
Aye.. but uh.. the ... skin to edit? How can I edit it in Photoshop... if I can't get it to Photoshop? Thats my question. The how of the to and from..

How do I get Merc Skin, for example ~to~ photoshop... so I can edit it and import it to U Paint?

:(

SaD
1st Sep 2004, 09:32 AM
Some help from a nonskinning person :lol: .
If Iīm right there is no need the export .You should have a folder called SkinArt on one of your CDīs or on the DVD .
In the folder is a subfolder named textures .There are all charactertextures for the heads and bodys in .pngformat .You can copy them to your harddrive , edit them (donīt forget to save it with a new name after editing , so you can use the original again ) and import your work to UPaint .

Something wrong ? Klaaassssnic :D .

Nalid
3rd Sep 2004, 02:08 AM
So you will know, it did indeed work, and I'm 70% finished with my first skin, for the Skaarj model. I'l pimp it as soon as it's complete. ^__^

Thanks again!

SaD
3rd Sep 2004, 07:48 AM
Canīt wait to see your pimps. :D

Nalid
3rd Sep 2004, 08:27 PM
Well.. good and bad, I'm done, and it doesnt look half bad.... but I can't manage to get it ingame from UPaint... any ideas?

And, even though I'm going to toss it up in the Pimp section. I thought I might do so here as well.. since its ontopic. :p

Presenting, my first Skin.... for any platform.

Oni Skaarj

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=118034&poll_id=0&warned=y

Nalid
3rd Sep 2004, 10:25 PM
Well after two hours of fiddling, I cannot get it to work at all... Whenever I load it in the game and play, the model is blank and featurless... :mad:

Any help with this would be beyond helpful, as I'm about to kick in my monitor screen I'm so angry. <laughs> I worked round'abouts 11 hours straight on the skin in one sitting. ... and I really want to see it work. ~__~;; Help...