PDA

View Full Version : the skew brush in UnrealEd 2.0

Antec
30th Aug 2004, 03:14 PM
I have a question,

In Unreal Ed 1.0 was a skew brush button. I cannot find it in UnrealEd 2.0. Can anyone tell me where I can find it or how to change the shape of a brush like the skew-button do?

Antec

GTD-Carthage
31st Aug 2004, 09:14 PM
What's a 'skew brush' button? We need to know first what that is...

...oh, wait a minute! Do you mean the free manual brush stretching tool? Well rather than doing that, it's easier select a vertex then pull it any direction you want by holding [alt+drag]. Everyone should already know that... unless you already do...

Antec
1st Sep 2004, 03:49 PM
I read in Wolfs UnrealEd tutorial about the skew-brush button. It seems a good tool, but couldn’t find it in UnrealEd 2.0. I think that using the skew brush is easier than vertex editing, but I have no experience. I am still working on my first map so….

Thanks for the answer.
Antec

nuttella
28th Dec 2004, 07:33 AM
I drag one vertex, then I can't drag another, or at least not the one I want to. I just want to make a simple wedge ffs!

GTD-Carthage
28th Dec 2004, 09:02 PM
If you're trying to make a wedge, you might as well use the 2D-Shape Editor. If you're trying to make a wedge out of a cube, you'll end up with an error if you attempt to combine any more vertices.

Bot_40
28th Dec 2004, 09:23 PM
Go into vertex edit mode, you can select multiple vertecies using Ctrl+Alt+Drag and then move the vertecies using Ctrl+Drag like normal brush move.
I never found a use for "face drag" mode or anything like that, I bet I can make any shape out of cubes and vertex editing in half the time.

GTD-Carthage
28th Dec 2004, 11:56 PM
Vertex edit mode? How do you go there? I've tried dragging multiple vertices but only one can be selected. (This question is in UT '99)

I made a mess of my map after trying the key combinations. The textures on the nearby walls got over-stretched and over-written.

Bot_40
29th Dec 2004, 11:32 AM
There's a button, along with the rotate texture/rotate object/camera mode buttons at the top of the left toolbar

GTD-Carthage
29th Dec 2004, 09:10 PM
Now that lessens the time I have to deal with natural geometry. Thanks a lot.

=Angel=
25th Jan 2006, 02:38 AM
I have one question about UnrealED 2.0!

How can I make pleyer controled objects as a cars, spaceships, turrets? Is it posible?

ReD_Fist
25th Jan 2006, 04:55 PM
A vertex edit if 2 vertex is very easy, put the grid a 1 and it will be easy to drag them around.

Good luck with the player controled objects, you might as well go buy ut04 at that point.

sandorski
26th Jan 2006, 01:10 AM
I have one question about UnrealED 2.0!

How can I make pleyer controled objects as a cars, spaceships, turrets? Is it posible?

You need to use a 3D Modeller program. Maya, Max, XSI Modtool(best bet on a budget), or even Milkshape will work.