PDA

View Full Version : Turning off those big guys in Fraghouse Invasion

Metroid
30th Aug 2004, 01:41 PM
Hi. I'm kinda new, and I dont know if anything like this was discussed before, but I need to know if its possible, anywhere to turn off those huge guys that appear during a game of Fraghouse Invasion, because me and my friend are played my bros UT2004RPG mod, and we are really strong, so all the time we end the map early (I think bug) because we accidentally shoot the stupid thing and instantly kill it. It's REALLY annoying, and FH Invasion is REALLY good, its just those stupid guys are annoying, and I want to know if theres a way to get rid of them.

bcwood16
30th Aug 2004, 03:42 PM
hmm, not quite sure what u mean, u saying u really powerfull cus u use RPG so u can kill monsters quickly, but what big ones? There are warlords, they are big monsters, but i dun understand when u say u end map early big shooting them or what ever they are? Bosses end maps and are big, but i dont think u mean those do u, also RPG dun work with boss anyway lol...?

Metroid
30th Aug 2004, 03:45 PM
Like every map I start theres this HUGE Purple like guy that shoots redeemer blasts. Whenever I kill him, the map just instantly ends for no reason. Also, sometimes its a HUGE Pupae too. I want to turn them off, but I dont know how, I even tried looking the maps for a spawn of them, but theres nothing there.

bcwood16
30th Aug 2004, 03:58 PM
ok, i can tell u now they are bosses, that huge purple thing and massive spider are bosses, few others too. If its on every map u start right at beginning, the u have the last wave count too low, u need to increase number of waves so u get attacked by normall monster waves, then the last wave number u get the bosses, after u kill them map ends.

These obvously only spawn on boss maps. So if u getting them on normall FHI maps, the sometihng is very wrong..? Or just use normal FHI maps, that way u will never get a boss.

Also another note, RPG seems to crash FHI on OBJ and BOSS maps, so u should turn RPG off when using those type of maps, normall FHI maps are fine though

Metroid
30th Aug 2004, 04:01 PM
I get them on EVERY level. Not only that, the wave count is at 16, I get normal waves, WITH them as well, and they are on My side. Like they dont attack me, but they attack the enemy, and vice versa. The starting wave is 0, maybe that has something to do with it?

bcwood16
30th Aug 2004, 04:06 PM
hmmm, ok, thats very odd, i use RPG< but not that much, i heard some one say that in RPG u get to summon monsters and on high levels (like u) u can summon a FHI BOSS, but as u said they are on ur side, all very well and funny, but as u said, if u kill them or they gte killed the map ends, this is because FHI game is programmed to end the game when the boss dies, so when ur summoned FHI boss dies, even though he is on ur side, it will end the game. I guess only way to slve this is to turn of summon creatures or something in the RPG mutator settings.

I "think" this is the problem, some one else may have other suggestions, but thats all i can think of, think im right though :)

Da_Wrecka
30th Aug 2004, 06:12 PM
Okay, the basic problem with having bosses as pets with RPG is, the code that makes the game end is built into the BOSS, not the game itself. Not only that, but Fraghouse Invasion doesn't allow mutators to override the game ending. So while it would've been possible to work around this with a mutator, (and I would've included one in Fraghouse Extension) because of the way FHI is coded it wouldn't work. For the UScripters in the audience, the problem is that FHI's CheckEndGame function does not call the CheckEndGame function of its GameRulesModifiers list. (And I apologise to the FHI team if I seem like I'm needlessly bitching, but it's problems like this that a bit of forward thinking could've avoided)

Getting back to the original question, because of the way RPG is coded, the only way to disable the use of bosses as pets is to disable the Monster Tongue ability entirely. Which would rather rapidly negate half the fun of RPG right away.

Metroid
30th Aug 2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah I turned off Monster Tounge for my character, and the guy no longer appears. So I can play properly, and still use RPG, thanks...

bcwood16
31st Aug 2004, 03:04 AM
yea, thats what i said wasnt it LOL! Well i was close enough.

Im still hoping in the future, FHI, may be coded to work with RPG 100%, just as i said before and say it again, the demand seems very high, so many people play it with RPG. Still we shall see. Though FHI is so cool, to be honest I dont remeber the last time i loaded up normal UT for a game of sometihng, I just play FHI mostly, love it on line with me buddy :)

Well anyway, hope everyone is looking forward to the FHI Community Pack, wont be long now, going very well. For those on working on the project, all I can say is we got lots great maps that will most definatly be popular amoung players, practically a type of map for anyone to love :)