dub
30th Aug 2004, 12:30 PM
You can only make a poll of ten - so some maps have been left out:hmm:
My personal favourites atm are:
Urban Circuit - beautifull - but itsibitsy bug or two
Colorado - Also really good looking map
Lost gods - Looks good - plays well
Pavillion - Good racer - looks very nice too
Sherwood - Looks ok, but always fun races (too easy to cut corners though)
Monster Challenge - Can also be very fun

UltraNew-B
31st Aug 2004, 12:27 AM
You can only make a poll of ten - so some maps have been left out:hmm:
My personal favourites atm are:
Urban Circuit - beautifull - but itsibitsy bug or two
Colorado - Also really good looking map
Lost gods - Looks good - plays well
Pavillion - Good racer - looks very nice too
Sherwood - Looks ok, but always fun races (too easy to cut corners though)
Monster Challenge - Can also be very fun

You'll never guess which map I voted for !!! :p

Next version i'll have the small bugs fixed up. We were really short on time in testing the map before release, somethings were bound to get overlooked in our haste. :)

ProjectX
31st Aug 2004, 04:59 AM
You'll never guess which map I voted for !!! :p

Next version i'll have the small bugs fixed up. We were really short on time in testing the map before release, somethings were bound to get overlooked in our haste. :)

really! Where's your nobility?

I voted for someone else's map (and my vote was the first one on there too!)

Oh, and ultra, please tell me some of your next race maps will be wider, please!

Colorado = thin

Urban Cicuit = anorexic

dub
31st Aug 2004, 08:43 AM
Colorado is tight.... but It kinda forces you to be accurate and stay on the road... i kinda like that :D
i thought that colorado was even narrower than Urban :)

UltraNew-B
31st Aug 2004, 10:13 AM
Colorado = thin

Urban Cicuit = anorexic

Practice practice practice :lol: !!! The unrealistic bounciness in the cars takes away from the narrow track experience imo. If they didn't bounce so much, it would not be an issue. As it is now, you hit a wall and the car flips very easily. Hopefully we can get this problem rectified in a future patch.

ProjectX
31st Aug 2004, 12:13 PM
Practice practice practice :lol: !!! The unrealistic bounciness in the cars takes away from the narrow track experience imo. If they didn't bounce so much, it would not be an issue. As it is now, you hit a wall and the car flips very easily. Hopefully we can get this problem rectified in a future patch.

Maybe surface dependant physics (me thinks the more me posts the more Shrimp gets a heart attack from over-work)

Syzerian
1st Sep 2004, 04:45 AM
Maybe the weird physics is because the wheels kind of stick out from the vehicles which means they will hit a wall first making you bounce alot. So just maybe if you put some sort of invisible blocks around the vehicles wheels this could be solved?

Sporx
1st Sep 2004, 05:53 AM
i agree, that needs to be fixed, ill be going full speed in the monatana down a straight away and my wheel will graze the railing and go fliping 800 feet into the air.

Ravu al Hemio
1st Sep 2004, 05:56 AM
I am just now downloading the newest version, and I will check what has changed since beta 3 ;)

(I know, 'a lot'!!!)

J3110
1st Sep 2004, 10:29 AM
I actually like urban and colorado the best so far. I think there are a couple I have yet to race also, but I always seem to do well on these 2.
Being able to roam all over the place kinda takes away from the racing aspect for me and people start cutting corners n stuff. I'd rather have to make a risky pass or have a chance at blocking someone trying to pass because it adds to the gritty racing experience. Also, in any racing game I've played that was any good, you had to learn the tracks to be competitive and these 2 force you to stay in control almost the whole time.

MotoX and Monster Challenge are fun for the trucks as well as the industrial map with all the melting metal n stuff. If it weren't for the collision problems with smaller cars, that'd be a sweet map...just round the transitions where the ramps angle together and it should help kinda like night"something" with all the jumps(also a fun map with the buggy).

Someone mentioned elsewhere that vehicle selection helps a lot with various maps and I agree and think that should remain part of the skill of the mod...selecting the right ride.

Anyways, race on, racers,
-J3110

The_Head
1st Sep 2004, 11:30 AM
I voted Colorado. I love how fast and tight it is. I also love urban circuit for the same reason. The bug about flying up in the air when hitting things is annoying, it also happens when you hit other racers. Is it me or does the Flair F1 always seem to land upside down??
I prefered Pavilion on the beta3 version. The stunt cameras are a pain- can u turn them off? Also the dips near the end are too bumpy.
Monster Challage is as the name suggests, is a challenge. which is good.