My first skin...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
Yes, I have entered that hard territory with a tiny modification to the Cobalt model codenamed "Panther Warrior". I always had in my mand the figure of a mechinc lifeform hunting you from the darkness... and the last thing you see of that is the only red eye it has. I will try to make better textures 'casue it's all black and I'm familiarizing with Photoshop (thanks for that Rex!). Well, maybe Klasnic could guide my steps in this holy job... :lol:

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Oh, what a stupid. I forgot to post the pics (sorry for the double post, the modem isn't making the thing easier). They are attached thumbnails, feel free to watch it because it's my first skin and I think I will never release it (need pro work that I can't do).

Attachments

• Panther Warrior 1.jpg
    Panther Warrior 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Panther Warrior 2.jpg
    Panther Warrior 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Panther Warrior 3.jpg
    Panther Warrior 3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Panther Warrior 4.jpg
    Panther Warrior 4.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 35
Aug 2, 2004
I like it. The blacm contrasting with the red is dark and powerful and gives a great feal. As your first skin it is rather good :D.

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Oh... :lol: I'm also planning to make a model later... When I learn how to install 3dStudio Max. :D

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Lookin' at him there I'd add some more red say in thin lines along the edges of the body parts (if u know what I mean)... This'll add detail and get you on your way to makin' the red one. In the end you can just change the red for blue and then you'll have both versions.

As for modelling I made a human in 3DStudio looked more like a stick creature tho with a head :lol:

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Hey, I will consider that idea... Oh, perhpas you could help me (Wish you like to send you the .upp and .upt)?

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
klasnics idea isn't bad at all ;)
Great concept thou I really like dark skins bright ones doesn't apply very good in my taste. Very good effort in first skin IMO!

But how did you make it black? I see some places that looks like they are run over with a black brush when I make the pics brighter.

If you want more mechanic details you could apply an overlying layer to the original skin) and put it as color/hue or overlay and make it grey. Afterwards you could darken the 'original skin' by marking out what you want darker and use either 'Ctrl+L' or 'Ctrl+U'('Ctrl+U' also gives you the option of coloring the layer).
That's the basic ways of good easy alternation of original skins and keep the details like metal plates/eyes etc. ;)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Well even now I'm learning something new hehe, thanks rex.

Helios stick with it as if I do it it'll take u twice as long to learn it and I really don't wanna' do another for a while - just get that way sometimes. I find when I don't skin for a while I get an idea for a new one and then start skinning like mad :)

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
THAT! That's what I was looking for! Thanks Rex, Klasnic, SaD and all the tribe for the support. I need to get more "mechanical" textures 'cause when I tried to make them I screwed all up and have to pass the plain black brush (the colors you saw in the lower-middle part of the body). For the eye, I tried to make it on Photoshop by applying some 3d effect but finally I opt for leaving it on 2d, with no effects (I have to learn). Now, while I was in my sick bed ('cause of banishing yesterday) I come with a great idea. Klasinc, you are good on making cybernetic skinning, perhaps you can help me if I mailed you the idea personally?

EDIT NOTE: Yes, light doesn't favor too much dark colors but I like them because you concentrate your viewing on the single red-eye. It's the last thing you see until it blows you appart with the SuperShock Rifle :)

Last edited:

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Hey, I will soon send you the .upp file, Klasnic. In the meantime, I will release a skin I have made this week. It's a Xan modification but requires furthers tests.

Oh, I almost forget about this: more pics for your viewing delight! :D

Attachments

• Panther WarriorV1.jpg
    Panther WarriorV1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PantherWarriorV2.jpg
    PantherWarriorV2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 28
  • PantherWarriorV3.jpg
    PantherWarriorV3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 13

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
I forgot something: this is my new work:
ElvishGolem1.jpg

It's called Elvish Golem and I will soon submit it on Skin City.

Last edited:

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Yes. It's intended to be an artificial and seminatural lifeform, just like the Infernals from Warcraft III (I took some info from there).