critical error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin12

Mar 3, 2004
i get this error when i go into specific maps. On of them is mistymountain (all versions). Does anyone have a clue what this means?
No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2394 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6458)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ResetLoaders <- (XMP-APv2-Lagoon 0 1) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\ROBERT_Rob_20040827210211.log

it is a critical error and shuts down the game. I have updated all my drivers.

Thanks

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i know what happened, it is a frequent bug with some of hte maps... and lagoon is one of them... just try try and try again, because it is an annoying bug.

Ronin12

Mar 3, 2004
not following you. do you mean to just keep trying to get into map (i have tried this and it does not work)? Seems like there should be a better answer. Is there a way to fix the bug? it does not seem to affect everyone.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
odd... it should have worked, i think it is probobly time for a fresh reinstall, because somethin happened to that file

Ronin12

Mar 3, 2004
What order do you load things. i have xmp, the service packs and the patch. not sure if it matters, but ???

Thanks

[pet]owl

Jul 13, 2004
i get errors some times all i do is change my connection itn settings from cable to dailup and it lets me in fine then i just change it back before i spwan
hasnt done it in a while though

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Ronin12, do you happen to be related to Fleury14 by any chance?

er...Oh!

I would try reinstalling XMP. If that doesn't work, I don't know what would, to be honest.

Ronin12

Mar 3, 2004
i do not know fleury14. There are a couple ronin's around.

I did try a complete reinstall and I have been able to get into Mistymount. Still having problems with Lagoon though...

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.