PDA

View Full Version : I wanna run a server

J3110
27th Aug 2004, 05:55 PM
Anyone wanna help me out? :)
I've downloaded and installed the zip version of UnWheel EC.
So, my server's already set up, but I had been running Excessive Overkill, so I just commented out the EO serverpackages line to keep people from having to DL it. I also commented out the mapvote lines for EO and that's basically where I'm at. No mapvote lines and the UW serverpackages entries.

I'd like to run all UW gametypes and have them all show up as options in mapvote, but I don't know what the gametypes are called or anything. Do I even need to make mapvote entries, or are the serverpackages all you need?

I'm starting UT from the service control panel, BTW(windows) and it fires up as a default DM server.

Any help would be appreciated. Really looking foreward to seeing how UW works in 2K4...loved it in 2K3.

-J3110

Diego1203
27th Aug 2004, 07:20 PM
Our server guy is still at work but I'll make sure he sees this thread when he shows up.

jerdaygo
27th Aug 2004, 11:15 PM
I personally like webadmin, I setup all the gametype map voting with webadmin in the Defaults menu and the Voting GameConfig menu now just add all the gametypes one by one I have attached the correct config setup. I am a very bad typer so i don't usually mess with the ini (unless I have to) but here are the ini settings.

(also I dont know if you did this yet but if you havent do it, add ServerPackages=UnWheel ServerPackages=UnWheelScars to your [Engine.GameEngine])
This addition to the server packages is necessary in order for your cars to show up for clients.

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=5
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
MinMapCount=2
MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
RepeatLimit=0
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bMapVote=True
bKickVote=False
bMatchSetup=False
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=True
MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
ServerNumber=1
CurrentGameConfig=1
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameBigAir",Prefix="UWBA",Acronym="UWBA",GameName="UnWheel BigAir",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameCTF",Prefix="UWCTF",Acronym="UWCTF",GameName="UnWheel CTF",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameKBall",Prefix="UWKB",Acronym="UWKB",GameName="UnWheel K-Ball",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameKOTH",Prefix="UWKOTH",Acronym="UWKOTH",GameName="UnWheel KOTH",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameRabbit",Prefix="UWRM",Acronym="UWRB",GameName="UnWheel Rabbit",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameRace",Prefix="UWRC",Acronym="UWRC",GameName="UnWheel Race",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameRally",Prefix="UWRL",Acronym="UWRL",GameName="UnWheel Rally",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="UnWheel.UWGameRoam",Prefix="UWRM",Acronym="UWRM",GameName="UnWheel Roamer",Mutators=,Options=)

jerdaygo
28th Aug 2004, 02:13 PM
Hey Shrimp could you replace the old server package sticky thread with this one???????????????????????

J3110
29th Aug 2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the help. Got my server up and running. Here's the IP: 64.84.39.154