Pings are so bad in UT lately!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mooseahomanoo

Jul 26, 2004
For some reason, I've been playing on tons of servers, and tons of people on my clan keep saying that their pings are bad, and that they're lagging. I'm lagging really bad too. I've ran all of my virus scanners, so it's not a virus. I just have really bad lag. I've right clicked on the icons in the bottom right of my screen and exited them, but I still get lag. Is there a way to fix this? I NEED HELP! PLEASE HELP!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
What type of connection do you have and who is your ISP ?

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
yes, if its possible in your country I suggest that everybody should get a broadband connection if you havent already.

It has far more advantages than modem.

You pay $19,95/month, (depends on what type of account f course) however, you can turn your internet on the whole month, unlimited, so you dont need to pay a minute.

and its 60x faster and more of course ;)

However, to help you a bit, you can try ZeroPing.
if you have a small ping, you can move perfect, but the shoot effect is annoying its a perfect program.
It makes the shots instant instead of after te lag time.

however if you still have huge lags, its not very usefull, you shoot instant, but you are going to find yourself lagging and shooting against a blind wall.

you know what I mean ;)

download here

BTW: I dont know if its a server prog only or not :hmm:

asylum

- tinkab3ll -
Mar 19, 2002
Chesterfield, UK
Visit site
ive been having the same probs recently. in the server list they are coming up with pings of 200 minimum (on adsl), but a couple of f5's later and they're all at 30 again. bit annoying, but a quick solution.