PDA

View Full Version : The HUD

spec_x
25th Aug 2004, 12:55 AM
By request, here's a picture of the HUD we settled on:

http://www.speccore.net/DA2/HUDSmall.jpg

High-Res image can be found here

http://www.speccore.net/DA2/HUD.jpg

Please take into consideration that it looks much crisper in-game, as I know it's going to look a bit jaggy in a screenshot

Enjoy!

NFXFSX
25th Aug 2004, 01:01 AM
Looks great.

Jig
25th Aug 2004, 03:03 AM
Hmm, not that cool. Especially the health bar needs to be reworked imho. Can't you keep that temp-hud that was used before in the game? Like it's selectable in the Options menu?

Seng
25th Aug 2004, 08:59 PM
Its decent I think (no objections from me)... at the most it can be reworked in a later release IF too many people raise objections.

spec_x
25th Aug 2004, 09:19 PM
exactly. I'm more worried about getting other aspects of the game finished than getting some amazing looking HUD. It's only there to show information, and it does that fine :) You'll be too busy being shot at to pay too much attention to it anyways, :lol:

DA|aBsOlUt
25th Aug 2004, 11:50 PM
Oh yes, busy to kill em all.....................

]-UnderTOW-[
27th Aug 2004, 07:07 PM
eewwww

Seriously, that's terrible. What happened to the one Xealous did?

spec_x
27th Aug 2004, 07:54 PM
I dunno, ask abs or do a better one yourself :P

I love how people will say "oh that sucks" without:
A. saying what they dislike
B. showing they can do better
C. realizing how much it time it takes to create a functional HUD
D. doing so in a very small time frame while also working on **** loads of other things
E. assuming that it's going to be the end all be all of the HUD
F. waiting to see what it actually looks like in-game

Instead of being asses about it, how about you spend the extra 30 seconds to suggest something better. You want a better HUD when the beta hasn't even been released yet? Pay me for all the personal time I've been using to create all this **** for a FREE mod for you guys to play, otherwise keep your negative comments to yourself unless we ask for them, Thanks
(this isn't a personal attack against you tow, I'm just tired of people bitching about stuff without giving actual useful feedback)

]-UnderTOW-[
28th Aug 2004, 02:24 AM
I DID do a better HUD. One Xealous made and i altered it. Xealous and I did a ton of variations and they were all so much nicer

spec_x
28th Aug 2004, 02:29 AM
then why wasn't it used and why was I asked to do one? and also, I still got the original post ass :P I'm not saying mine was great, it's not like I had a lot of time to spend on it, but that doesn't mean you can't give constructive critisizim over making jackass comments, obviously if I had known that you guys had made one, I wouldn't have worried about throwing one together really quick.

]-UnderTOW-[
28th Aug 2004, 03:30 AM
Don't blame me for no one telling you there were hud images already done. How was i supposed to know they didn't tell you?

Rooster128
28th Aug 2004, 07:03 AM
spec, looks good. here is my little suggestion though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Rooster128/specshud.jpg

make the health bar that much bigger. I think it will make a world of difference.

other than that, good job. I would normally hold things against you but nah, I don't care.

spec_x
28th Aug 2004, 11:38 AM
tow, I'm not trying to blame you for anything, we shouldn't even be aruging over this.

spec_x
28th Aug 2004, 11:41 AM
rooster, that'll be taken into consideration when the HUD is reworked after beta

MaCuZ
30th Aug 2004, 04:31 PM
i suggest more colors will be used, some textured including some images of a weapon, bullets or some stuff like that would be nice... its too red imo. but it will do fine as a beta version hud.

Rooster128
31st Aug 2004, 02:29 PM
I'm tellin yea, making the HUD match the camo = teh win!

]-UnderTOW-[
31st Aug 2004, 06:37 PM
kinda moot now