PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Who wishes to have Freefall included in UTXMP

Emmet Otter
23rd Aug 2004, 07:12 PM
Who here wishes for Freefall to be included in UTXMP?

C'mon guys, FMI could still include it if we all vote.

I of course vote YES :)

Xaero
23rd Aug 2004, 07:34 PM
Even if they don't...PRG, Jackal, and Myself have all pledged to port it.

JaGo
23rd Aug 2004, 07:44 PM

Woot!!!!!!

Emmet Otter
23rd Aug 2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah but, I figure if they are going to port over all the original maps, why not just do freefall to make it complete.

Naib
23rd Aug 2004, 08:15 PM
Because if they do, it's likly to be allowed in leagues again. I don't mind it being converted, but just not in the first release :)

It's also the fact that it normaly empties a public server, and you can be sure most server admins will just put all the maps on the rotation

Dandeloreon1984
23rd Aug 2004, 08:24 PM
same with the cxp, whatever they miss, we shall see bout porting, in our own way, we might just release a single map, maybe an whole expansion.

Air7725
23rd Aug 2004, 09:06 PM
the problem with freefall is all the static meshes are in mylevel which we didnt include when we ported over the static meshes and there impossible to export out of xmp ued.

So porting freefall right now would be a pain in the ass :P

Dandeloreon1984
23rd Aug 2004, 09:14 PM
odd, they should not be imposible to export out of u2xmp unrealed...

looks into it ***

Dandeloreon1984
23rd Aug 2004, 10:03 PM
i have taken a look, and so far i know that i have the texture ready, but the models are not as easy to get done, they are screwed up. :/ ... oh wait, i also have htose done, once i have a day or 2 to get them completely ready.

Edit: i was wrong, i got it done just now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit2: i thought i bloated the meshes a little bit by mistake, but i was mistaken :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

here is a list of how it converted over for me....

Asteroid_F_SD-
* U2xmp: 800
* Ut2k4: 800

Asteroid_F_SD
* u2xmp: 2808
* ut2k4: 2808

Asteroid_SD_001
* u2xmp: 800
* ut2k4: 800

Asteroid_SD_002
* u2xmp: 760
* ut2k4: 760

W0RF
23rd Aug 2004, 11:05 PM
HELL NO

Dandeloreon1984
23rd Aug 2004, 11:12 PM
lol, it is not much to say, but you do haft to respect the fact that it was part of the original xmp, i also hate it, but i do not want those who like it to not have it in utxmp because of me being selfish.

`rK
23rd Aug 2004, 11:27 PM
its the closest thing to experiencing offworld again :)

Emmet Otter
23rd Aug 2004, 11:27 PM
its the closest thing to experiencing offworld again :)Hell yeah my man! :)

washuu
24th Aug 2004, 12:00 AM
I voted no, as in, hell no for a million years.

Dragon_X
24th Aug 2004, 12:03 AM
HELL NO

Xabora
24th Aug 2004, 04:07 AM
A Varient of Freefall... like in the water.

Naib
24th Aug 2004, 05:26 AM
A Varient of Freefall... like in the water.

So you want something like freefall, but where people move slower due to the water? Even I could manage to snipe people then ;)

[DF]phalanx
24th Aug 2004, 09:12 AM
lol
freefall sux
maybe make it better
aka REMOVE TEH AMMO STATION FROM ENERGY
lol

fireball
24th Aug 2004, 12:52 PM
the problem with freefall is all the static meshes are in mylevel which we didnt include when we ported over the static meshes and there impossible to export out of xmp ued.

So porting freefall right now would be a pain in the ass :P
How'd you do Alcazar then? Those are in mylevel..

Air7725
24th Aug 2004, 01:25 PM

we can export meshes but its a major pain in the ass with xmp. When we did export everything and port it over we didnt include freefall it was kinda low priority at the time, we might port it or do a remake.

IndianPsycho
24th Aug 2004, 01:43 PM

Alcazar hasn't been ported yet.

Dandeloreon1984
24th Aug 2004, 02:25 PM
i concure that it was an pain with the way i did the export, but i got it workin, err sort of, collision differences might be there.

washuu
24th Aug 2004, 06:33 PM
Alcazar does HAVE to be ported :D

Jaybo
25th Aug 2004, 04:17 AM
without the "heal-me-while-I-attack" bug thing

:)

Plump
25th Aug 2004, 06:49 AM
Freefall emptied servers so quickly that it was chucked off all the server rotations (after a clear vote). Perhaps people have forgotten this but im sure it will all come back about 30 seconds after the map gets loaded on a utxmp server :)

fireball
25th Aug 2004, 11:45 AM
Heh, it's still on our rotation, but it never comes up since it's random and there are so many maps :)

S.I.X
25th Aug 2004, 03:04 PM
Free Fall gives me like...weirdo videogame vertigo or something. That map ****ing owns, you guys gotta have more tolerance...Low Grav + Space + Asteroid = AWESOME. Takes me back to Morpheus...

Xaero
25th Aug 2004, 04:46 PM
without the "heal-me-while-I-attack" bug thing

:)

Which FMI is well aware of. :)

Undertaker1
25th Aug 2004, 09:55 PM
Down with freefall fooking map, me always trying to keep the rangers off me and stay on the asteroids. Which is hard if you are a tech :mad:

[{OSN}]Bartman
25th Aug 2004, 10:07 PM
I voted no, as in, hell no for a million years.
^^ i agree 100% Freefall sux big time

Major-Lee-High
26th Aug 2004, 02:56 AM
FreeFall had a custom gametype it used that changed grav and fall damage etc

I tried to do something like that in a ut map and it wasnt working, they could probably do it but i dont think they need too.... That map is also almost easy enough for noob mappers to make lol, something similar anyway, ive been planning to make tutorials for a long time that cover making super fast rocks meshes/texs, i just have to get the tex making down to a easier faster way, atm it only takes like 10 mins to make a huge ammount of rocks or cliffs meshse to use in a map using a default texture. Someone could make all those asteroids, and make something alot like it without the bases and fall speed/damage in a day prolly, using motherships skybox would be badass too, even some of the dm maps too.

Id rather see a new version, it was sorta fun to play but it was just one of those maps that everyone loves to hate.

Zur
26th Aug 2004, 08:19 AM
I of course vote YES :)

I to vote yes. I don't care for playability. Freefall offered the most awesome screenshots when XMP came out so it deserves to be in there. Besides, every game must have a love/hate map :D .

Emmet Otter
26th Aug 2004, 09:10 AM
Can you people explain why you dislike it so much? Is it the low grav? Is it cause you can fall off and die? Please explain.

Naib
26th Aug 2004, 09:57 AM
For 2 reasons.

Firstly a few rangers with a good aim can control most of the map. Once you are in the air, it's easier to predict someones movment, and so easier to snipe them.

Secondly on a public server, it's far too easy for 2 techs to get control of the gens, and use the supply station to spam turrets. At that point the map is as good as over, but you just need to wait for the energy to run out.

Jaybo
26th Aug 2004, 10:02 AM
I agree fully on the turret farming. I once set up about 20 turrets and forcewalls on the Multiplay public server, which rendered that gen unusable...it was locked down to well. Many complaints from other players until one went to get an admin, which happened to be me, so I kicked myself and have never returned to that horrid place.

fireball
26th Aug 2004, 11:22 AM
FreeFall had a custom gametype it used that changed grav and fall damage etc
With 7710, that was changed to some strange internal mutator. I've never seen anything like it in any other map, but it works. On a patched server, Freefall comes up as "XMPGame" instead of "AsteroidGame".
Anyway, I'm not terribly fond of the map. I'd rather just get the initial release out of the way and then worry about Freefall afterward.

[DF]phalanx
26th Aug 2004, 11:31 AM
yeah wtf is asteroid game :/
freefall is ranger gunner (lock ons) haven just like ANY low grav game
techs can do **** all becasue the can't hit anyone cos they are too high up

Maxx
26th Aug 2004, 11:43 AM

You all will surely burn in hell for this.

Emmet Otter
26th Aug 2004, 12:13 PM
Im surprised that people dont notice the fast paced flying action you get in that map. And if youre a ranger, I definately dont understand why you would dislike it. I find it easy to avoid being sniped when you weave through the air(space) flying. I find it a challenge to make it back to base with an arty.

Maybe something can be done about the turret farming. Maybe there can be more openings at the energy meteor to make it easier to destroy those tech turrets. Or place the ammo stations just outside those energy meteors so that it would be riskier to go out and to re-supply.

But i really do enjoy this map and i would love to see it in UTXMP.

Actually I wish the map was bigger and had like 4 energy :D

fireball
26th Aug 2004, 12:25 PM
yeah wtf is asteroid game :/
freefall is ranger gunner (lock ons) haven just like ANY low grav game
techs can do **** all becasue the can't hit anyone cos they are too high up
AsteroidGame is a gametype.
And I can kill people easily in LG as Tech. Just takes practice.

Xaero
26th Aug 2004, 12:57 PM
You all will surely burn in hell for this.

You can only wish.

Maxx
26th Aug 2004, 01:54 PM
Actually I wish the map was bigger and had like 4 energy :D

You sick phreak. Do you draw happiness from gamers being brought to tears by the end of a map? ;)

[DF]phalanx
26th Aug 2004, 04:19 PM
ok
anyone who ports freefall shall go to hell
anyone who ports GAS TURRETS will go to hell :p
anyone who ports lawn darts will be praised

GotBeer?
26th Aug 2004, 04:23 PM
As of my 'Yes' vote, it is an even 50-50 split. Even though I can never seem to kill anyone outside of an asteroid and I used to fall to my death a lot due to lag-naps, I still love the map.

Oh, and how could Alcazar NOT be the first map you ported?

Jackal
26th Aug 2004, 05:11 PM
its the closest thing to experiencing offworld again :)

maybe not........ ;) ;)

Jackal
26th Aug 2004, 05:12 PM
As of my 'Yes' vote, it is an even 50-50 split. Even though I can never seem to kill anyone outside of an asteroid and I used to fall to my death a lot due to lag-naps, I still love the map.

Oh, and how could Alcazar NOT be the first map you ported?

Alcazar is another very very screwed up map for porting. it would be hard to do.

Dandeloreon1984
27th Aug 2004, 12:25 AM
hey, alcazar can be ported relatively easy, once you get the emmiters right... lol, but that is it.

TheStarr
27th Aug 2004, 12:34 AM
I can't help but like Freefall. It goes too long though. It should have failsafe methods to not drag on and on. Adding Freefall would make the mod more complete.

supersmell
27th Aug 2004, 11:34 AM
I think the people who don't like just disslike gunners having their time too shine as artifact thiefs.

TalonHunter
27th Aug 2004, 11:49 AM
I think the people who don't like just disslike gunners having their time too shine as artifact thiefs.

I enjoyed playing gunner in this map and rocketing with the flamethrower across the map... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :minigun:

[DF]phalanx
27th Aug 2004, 11:50 AM
yeah
silly n00bs
once i get an arti its like an accurecy boost anyone who tries to take it back get rockets in the face, legs, vehicle or anything else they care to kill me with

Major-Lee-High
27th Aug 2004, 08:39 PM
I always like setting a mine on arty base then grabbing it and jumping on my mine, then flying all the way back to my base....

[Lithium]
28th Aug 2004, 01:15 AM
Taker"]
Down with freefall fooking map, me always trying to keep the rangers off me and stay on the asteroids. Which is hard if you are a tech :mad:

Prehaps if there was more fog like in Kaminari then sniping wouldnt be so much of a problem. Of course if you did that you might have a hard time finding asteroids to land on. A balance would definatly have to be found.

Personaly I don't mind playing a good match of Freefall every so often. Prehaps if it was skipped over in rotation 90% of the time :)

Mr.Brownstone
29th Aug 2004, 04:46 PM
Yes please.

In what other map can you zoom around using the flame-thrower?

Mort_Q
29th Aug 2004, 05:39 PM
I think XMP-Freefall was always a nice change in the map rotation... at the very least, it allowed an opportunity to get on a crowded server as all the whiners disconnected. :)

Jackal
30th Aug 2004, 03:47 PM
like i said, maybe there will be something....HINT HINT...but not from FMI. ive already started. it has rotating belt of astroids, a planet in the back ground, other things, and i have also taken care of the "sniping so much" aspect of it. otherwise it's almost identical to XMP's version.

WolfmanK
31st Aug 2004, 10:38 AM
all of u hating on free fall have no skillz :P

GotBeer?
31st Aug 2004, 10:49 AM
like i said, maybe there will be something....HINT HINT...but not from FMI. ive already started. it has rotating belt of astroids, a planet in the back ground, other things, and i have also taken care of the "sniping so much" aspect of it. otherwise it's almost identical to XMP's version.
Maybe with ramdom small high-speed asteroids to knock people out of the air?

dutch_gecko
31st Aug 2004, 04:36 PM
You could make one very similar but with clouds instead of asteroids.
OK never mind...

Jackal
31st Aug 2004, 04:43 PM
i have a few ideas and stuff

Burning Fish
5th Sep 2004, 11:40 AM
YES! YES! YES! Freefall should be in it!